.

.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 89

Thread: NEW!!! Dedicated ISRA Website

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    273

    NEW!!! Dedicated ISRA Website

    All,

    I have decided to create a website for the ISRA series in the US. I sometimes find it hard to find information on races, dates, contact details, etc. I have got about half of it done so far. I would like input from "the racers" as to what you would like to see on the site and any other information you think is necessary. Also, the only ISRA series that I know about are the Mid-Atlantic Series, Garden State ISRA Series, ISRA/USA Series (Lou Pirro), and the Great Lakes ISRA Series up in Chicago. If there are any other ISRA series around please let me know and i will incorporate that into the website. If there is another ISRA series that needs to be incorporated into the website please provide me with the track(s) that you race at, the schedule, your rule set and/or any other information you would like on your page. You can PM me with that information or you can just post it here.

    Thank You
    Casey Scott

    Team Camen - PK Armatures

    www.theisrausa.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,201
    Casey
    There is a 5th isra series in ohio area .A few of the classes are different but they race with N.E Isra USA rules .Lou Pirro can fill you in
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    Casey
    There is a 5th isra series in ohio area .A few of the classes are different but they race with N.E Isra USA rules .Lou Pirro can fill you in
    Thank Mic. I will get a hold of him and find out the details.
    Casey Scott

    Team Camen - PK Armatures

    www.theisrausa.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,201
    Casey
    The main track is in Bristoville Ohio and a very hard track from what I understand .Picture are in flat track poll post that you posted in.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Shorewood, Il.
    Posts
    684
    Great Idea Casey,

    I have fairly complete information on all five of the ISRA USA series. Please let me know what I can do to help.

    Cheers
    Ken Swanson


    Team BOW
    JK Products
    Chicagoland Raceway
    Mid-America Raceway
    ISRA USA Great Lakes Region
    BOWskateer Founding member # 001
    R.I.P. Monty. Miss You My Friend

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    401
    Casey,

    Excellent idea and the site should help ISRA/USA tremendously! I'm sure some of the other racers have a lot more information than I do but if you need any help with info gathering or whatever I'd be happy to lend a hand.
    The Race Place raceplaceinfo.com
    Bowskateer founding member #3
    Get a 3rd EYE Fetroller 2.1
    Balanced by Bill

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Swanson View Post
    Great Idea Casey,

    I have fairly complete information on all five of the ISRA USA series. Please let me know what I can do to help.

    Cheers
    Need information on the Great Lakes Series... Only have what i have found on here.

    As for the Ohio series, i would need all the information.

    Thanks Ken
    Casey Scott

    Team Camen - PK Armatures

    www.theisrausa.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    556
    If your going to stand behind the ISRA moniker I think you should concentrate on World ISRA classes & not the watered down US vision of ISRA. That way the sport stays on the same page thoughout the whole world giving it international integrity.

    Great Lakes info;
    http://www.slotcartalk.com/slotcarta...10-2011-Series
    Why do I do this to myself?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff714 View Post
    Casey,

    Excellent idea and the site should help ISRA/USA tremendously! I'm sure some of the other racers have a lot more information than I do but if you need any help with info gathering or whatever I'd be happy to lend a hand.
    Thanks Jeff. I will
    Casey Scott

    Team Camen - PK Armatures

    www.theisrausa.com

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallbasher View Post
    If your going to stand behind the ISRA moniker I think you should concentrate on World ISRA classes & not the watered down US vision of ISRA. That way the sport stays on the same page thoughout the whole world giving it international integrity.

    Great Lakes info;
    http://www.slotcartalk.com/slotcarta...10-2011-Series
    Rob,

    My intention with the website is not to take anything away from the ISRA rule set. My intention is to bing all the ISRA series in the US together inlcuding, Mid-Atlantic series, ISRA/USA Series, Garden State ISRA series, Great Lakes ISRA series, and the Ohio ISRA series. Like i said in my first post, I sometimes find it difficult to sift through all the posts on OWH to try and find some infomatoin on a particular topic, race, or rule. It will make it easier for all the people who follow these series to go to one place to find all the information. I hope you now understand what i am trying to do.
    Casey Scott

    Team Camen - PK Armatures

    www.theisrausa.com

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallbasher View Post
    If your going to stand behind the ISRA moniker I think you should concentrate on World ISRA classes & not the watered down US vision of ISRA. That way the sport stays on the same page thoughout the whole world giving it international integrity.

    Great Lakes info;
    http://www.slotcartalk.com/slotcarta...10-2011-Series
    Rob,

    All Casey is doing is centralize ISRA/USA info so it's easier to access. The series are and have been around for a number of years in all but one case. If Casey was starting something from scratch I could see your point. Have all the information in an easy to access single location is a big help to the racers that participate in one of the series and enjoy following the other series as well. Having the rules posted and easy to access could very well increase participation... There are many benefits to what Casey is doing for all of us...
    The Race Place raceplaceinfo.com
    Bowskateer founding member #3
    Get a 3rd EYE Fetroller 2.1
    Balanced by Bill

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NW. PA.
    Posts
    92
    Hi Casey,
    The Ohio series is called the Tri-State series. The main classes we run are Champ Car (JRL), Open 12, 1/24 Euro, 1/32 Euro, 1/32 C-Can, and what is called Vintage 10. We run pretty much the same rule set as Lou with the exception we currently use a 1/32 clearance rule at the rear of the car. Another difference is that we allow bearings for our Champ car class. The series director of Tri-State is Ron Thomas. While the track is certainly challenging I wouldn't say it is hard, most flat track racers with some practice time should be able to turn decent times.
    There is talk we might change to B Production instead of the Vintage 10 class next season. We also have Lite classes that run with our Champ, and 12 classes (lesser motor) to help some of the local racers transition into ISRA style racing. All races are held at Bristolville Center Raceway.
    John

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Hi Casey,
    The Ohio series is called the Tri-State series. The main classes we run are Champ Car (JRL), Open 12, 1/24 Euro, 1/32 Euro, 1/32 C-Can, and what is called Vintage 10. We run pretty much the same rule set as Lou with the exception we currently use a 1/32 clearance rule at the rear of the car. Another difference is that we allow bearings for our Champ car class. The series director of Tri-State is Ron Thomas. While the track is certainly challenging I wouldn't say it is hard, most flat track racers with some practice time should be able to turn decent times.
    There is talk we might change to B Production instead of the Vintage 10 class next season. We also have Lite classes that run with our Champ, and 12 classes (lesser motor) to help some of the local racers transition into ISRA style racing. All races are held at Bristolville Center Raceway.
    John
    John,

    Now that i know what the orginazation is called i will certainely add it to the site lol. Do you think that you could put together a rule book for the site and also a decent picture of the track would be awesome. Thanks for everyones support thus far. A scheudle would be nice as well as I do not know how your races are scheduled.

    Thanks again John
    Casey Scott

    Team Camen - PK Armatures

    www.theisrausa.com

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    273
    All,

    I have finished the website!

    I know that most of the series seasons are over. As soon as there is a new series schedule for the next season please let me know so that i can post it up on the site. If there is any information you would like up on the site you can email it to the webmaster. It would also be nice for you to leave any feedback that you have for me. You can go to the site and go to the contacts section and send an email to the webmaster. Thank You for your viewing the site.

    The new ISRA Site: http://www.theisrausa.com

    Thanks
    Casey Scott

    Team Camen - PK Armatures

    www.theisrausa.com

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 1988
    Location
    Seattle Washington
    Posts
    369
    Site looks great! very clean and concise.
    Jim Radford
    Pacific Slot Car Raceways
    http://www.shoppscr.com
    Visit us on Facebook
    (253) 446-5039
    Host site of the 2014 & 2016 DIV II USRA Nationals

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •