.

.

View Poll Results: Should raceways charge for live feeds

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, provide the servide for free

    53 84.13%
  • Of course, Raceways need to survive

    10 15.87%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 197

Thread: Live Race coverage

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    NorthWesterner now in Philippines
    Posts
    9,648
    BTW Shontel....

    Better be careful - posting such positive posts like that - Roman is likely to start singing "Kum Ba Ya" again!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,399
    I want free servide.
    Do any of you guys go back and reread your posts?
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

    Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    FLA
    Posts
    34
    If you want to grow the hobby you must promote. And providing that as a service would be a start. How much would you charge? I for one don't think ANYONE would pay for that at all. Why?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    NorthWesterner now in Philippines
    Posts
    9,648
    Quote Originally Posted by swiss View Post
    I want free servide.
    Do any of you guys go back and reread your posts?
    Sometide i do... to add points or etid speeling... do you?

    Why do you ask?
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 05-29-2011 at 04:51 PM.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    343
    Service is what you get when you pay.
    Servide is what you get when it's free.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,399
    Quote Originally Posted by webbmeister25d View Post
    Service is what you get when you pay.
    Servide is what you get when it's free.
    LOL.
    Any bets on whether he'll eventually go back and correct the spelling.

    PS- I know it's bad form to bring up spelling mistakes on 'blogs but I
    would think the text of a poll started by the 'blog's "big cheese" might be correct.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

    Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    White House, TN.
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    If you want to grow the hobby you must promote. And providing that as a service would be a start. How much would you charge? I for one don't think ANYONE would pay for that at all. Why?
    Would be a great way for all the KeyBoard Racers, to support a race track afew times a year.And also nothing is Free in this World anymore.(you have to pay for bottle water)(You have to pay for air if you pump up a tire) So why not pay to watch a race and help the Track?
    Tracy Brown, Owner of:
    Go Fast Products - Slot Cars-R-Us "The Track"
    Visit Go Fast HERE!
    Visit our NEW Slot Cars-R-Us "The Track"!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,304
    Just out of curiosity Tracy....Why are you so passionate about this? You approached me at PJ about charging a pay per view at my Nats. I said never never never. So why is this so important to you?

    In my mind, I think if Chick could be persuaded to have a web cam for free then a lot more folks would see your sponsorship. I had over 2000+ unique viewers during the 10 days of the Nats. Doesn't that sound nice and inviting for a track & sponsors.

    BTW...Lots of things in this world are free.
    Shontel

    Dallas Slot Cars
    dallasslotcars.com

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    White House, TN.
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by shontelh View Post
    Just out of curiosity Tracy....Why are you so passionate about this? You approached me at PJ about charging a pay per view at my Nats. I said never never never. So why is this so important to you?

    In my mind, I think if Chick could be persuaded to have a web cam for free then a lot more folks would see your sponsorship. I had over 2000+ unique viewers during the 10 days of the Nats. Doesn't that sound nice and inviting for a track & sponsors.

    BTW...Lots of things in this world are free.
    I would think you being a track owner,That you would want to make all the money you can.Wouldn't you?
    Tracy Brown, Owner of:
    Go Fast Products - Slot Cars-R-Us "The Track"
    Visit Go Fast HERE!
    Visit our NEW Slot Cars-R-Us "The Track"!

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,304
    Being a track owner is not about making a lot of money....ask any of them. Being a track owner is about loving slot cars....ask any of them.

    Rumor has it that you might be a track owner in the near future.

    But again I ask....why are you so passionate about Chick making a little money with pay per view?
    Shontel

    Dallas Slot Cars
    dallasslotcars.com

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Great Valley,NY
    Posts
    1,227
    I look at the webcams, but the cars are usually too fast for the computer to follow.
    Maybe I have a slow hook up or something.
    They never look that fast when I`m actually racing.
    Maybe I have a slow computer?
    Thankfully, I know a little more about Slot Cars than computers. LOL.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    White House, TN.
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by shontelh View Post
    Being a track owner is not about making a lot of money....ask any of them. Being a track owner is about loving slot cars....ask any of them.

    Rumor has it that you might be a track owner in the near future.

    But again I ask....why are you so passionate about Chick making a little money with pay per view?
    Because Chick's would like to make all the money he can I would think.I don't know about you but making money is better than not making it!!!
    Tracy Brown, Owner of:
    Go Fast Products - Slot Cars-R-Us "The Track"
    Visit Go Fast HERE!
    Visit our NEW Slot Cars-R-Us "The Track"!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,304
    From the hundreds of racers I have spoken to about a live feed....most want to see a monitor view or similar. However, a view of the drivers panel is also greatly appreciated. Everybody loves the chat.

    During the pro race at PJ during 2009 Nats, before the main, I gave a step by step description of PA rebuilding his car. I was seated 2' from him. I never said a word to him. I typed every step of him rebuilding, tweaking, bending, flattening etc etc. The viewers really enjoyed it. I enjoyed doing it.

    During all the mains but especially the Pro race....I couldn't see the track. Lots of spectators. But I could smell a motor, hear a stripped gear, see a marshal throw a car to a pit person etc etc. I typed in great detail everything I could see and hear at the track. Again, I did it because I enjoyed it and I knew the viewers enjoyed it.

    Tracy...I am not going to get into an argument with you. We are both allowed our own opinions and to express our experiences.
    Shontel

    Dallas Slot Cars
    dallasslotcars.com

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GoFast View Post
    you have to pay for bottle water)(You have to pay for air if you pump up a tire) So why not pay to watch a race and help the Track?
    I get my water from a tap - free

    I get the air for my tyres at my local garage - free

    I would not pay to watch a race via the internet - why should I?

    Jump to 2011 - the Dark Ages are dead and gone and we now walk upright with our heads in the air
    Last edited by Zippity; 05-29-2011 at 06:58 PM.
    Zippity

    "Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo



  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    White House, TN.
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I get my water from a tap - free

    I get the air for my tyres at my local garage - free

    I would not pay to watch a race via the internet - why should I?

    Jump to 2011 - the Dark Ages are dead and gone and we now walk upright with our heads in the air
    Did you watch any of the Worlds last week for Free??
    Tracy Brown, Owner of:
    Go Fast Products - Slot Cars-R-Us "The Track"
    Visit Go Fast HERE!
    Visit our NEW Slot Cars-R-Us "The Track"!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •