Thread: GT12 the right combo?

GT12 the right combo?

I run the Mack Tazer, and the mack Stinger II on a king cobra @ 13.4V
    I am using a .518 arm 45deg koford set-up and koford mags. It runs very fast, but can be a bit punchy in the infield when I get on and off the throttle. Also I am using a Difalco 30 band controller. I know on the flat track they prefer a .540 arm, are these S16-C arms? or contender type? So my question is, is there a arm that I can use to keep the rpms up in the infield without loosing that blazing speed thru the doughnut and down the straight , and the bank? Also I have the stock module that comes with the Difalco, would changing it make a difference also?

.540 diameter arms are available for the various arms that you mentioned. However, 12 arms are used in GT12, S16C arms are used in GTP and Contender arms are used in LMP. Switching arms is not your issue. For the high speed racing that you are doing the Koford arm is likely the best choice. What tire type and diameter and gear ratio are you running? Also what do you have the sensitivity set on??

I am using a .518 arm @45deg timing, .533 air gap and using a 72p 9/42 using .735 tires. My sensitivity is set to about 50% I find that by using less brake on the King I am able to keep the rpms up by rolling thru the turns a bit. Don't get me wrong the car runs great buy I am missing a bit of smoothness thru the infield, or is that how its going to be with GT12 on a king?

What body and what tire compound?? Any additional weight added??

nothing added, JK treated, R10 body

Actually on The stinger I did not add the rear weights , and the fronts are hollow, took the middle section out, it handles awesome just punchy at low rpms

Just from what you said I would set my sensitivity to minimum and slowly work it up until you feel it's right. With my Difalco I leave my sensitivity at minimum on a King track always even with my GP12 cars. But that's just me.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Have you had another driver try your car? Did they have the same problem that you are feeling? Sometimes it is a persons driving style and controller settings that just are not right for a particular car set up. I have seen this many times.