Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super 16 speed secrets

Super 16 speed secrets

Does any body know any ways to make a stock Parma super16 go faster other than springs/brushes and shimming the arm by moving the front/rear bushings and the motor has to stay sealed to be race legal at my track

Are you looking at cheating.... Shame on you....

You can align the brush hoods. While you have the hoods off you can also use a piece of 600 sand paper to polish the comm.

You can retard the timing on the brush hoods having the affect of advancing the timing on the arm. It will take longer to break in the brushes after you do this.
    What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but anything you catch comes home with you!

your best bet is to buy about 8 or 10 of these motors and try them all . every once in a while you will find a realllly good one . othere than that and springs and brushes and the bushings and maybe moving the mags a bit is it . hoods are ok but you gotta have the correct things to do what they say . you could buy a couple 3 or 4 motors for what it would cost for the stuff ..
    Drive it like your daddy bought it

Take out of car. Smash with sledge-o-matic. Change classes & never look back. It will be the best thing you do.
    Why do I do this to myself?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallbasher View Post
    Take out of car. Smash with sledge-o-matic. Change classes & never look back. It will be the best thing you do.
    Wallbasher, I can see why you have only 281 posts!
    I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamby View Post
    your best bet is to buy about 8 or 10 of these motors and try them all . every once in a while you will find a realllly good one .
    Sounds like a real fun, affordable class.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamby View Post
    your best bet is to buy about 8 or 10 of these motors and try them all . every once in a while you will find a realllly good one . othere than that and springs and brushes and the bushings and maybe moving the mags a bit is it . hoods are ok but you gotta have the correct things to do what they say . you could buy a couple 3 or 4 motors for what it would cost for the stuff ..
    Makes wing racing look cheap!!!
    Give me my glue bottle!!!!!!!!!![B]

Other than what has already been mentioned above, I find the brush hoods to be sloppy on the Parma endbells and thus can cause brush bounce and power loss. I like to remove the hoods and tighten them up a tad. Its very easy to do and only takes a few minutes.

All you need is a brush hood tool, a pair of pliers and some 220 grit sand paper. Set the hood over the tool and gently squeeze the sides of the hood for a tighter fit. Then with the hood still over the tool, run over 220 grit sand paper untill flush with the tool. You'll be supprised how much difference this, combined with the things mentioned above can make in performance.

Dam there goes another speed secret !!
    Last edited by trickyvic3; 06-10-2011 at 05:51 PM.
    Keep your finger on the trigger ,and your eye on the slot

Maybe you could talk the Track Owner into running a Pro Slot Motor instead and stop the nonsense.

I know he already wouldn't so that we do have wing car racing which I do and super wasp racing but I can barely afford wing racing so 50 dollar super wasps are out of the question so far... If anyone feels like donating some group 12s let me know

Pro Slot PS -2001 Super 16D is a $15 motor.

Try one and see how it compares to the Parma Motors you have been running.

theres nothing wrong with the parma 502 it is a good motor for the money about 14.99 at my track. so how is this more money than wing racing . last i checked a super 16c or a box 12 motor blue printed versions . where around 100 for a box 12 and prob about 65 75 for a s16c so lets see 14.99 x 5 or 6 is what the same amount or close ? and you have 5 times the amount of motors enough for 3 or 4 seasons ? and if ya get stuck with a slow one take the arm out and use the setup forsomthing and have the arm shipped off and use it for another none seal class. .. every track you go to is gonna have that one fast guy in the sealed classes get over it . if no one finds him at fault then just forget he is even racing and start racding the track and set your sights on someone else that is not screaming fast.. trust me ive been there done that . ive ran a king track where a racer with 1/8in gears axle and tires a 4in chassis and a nascar body and 501 motor was clocking lap times of low 4.6 lap times .. in my mind theres no way its a stock motor but what can i do ? so best bet is take the next fastest racer and try for them .. plus if there cheating wow you beat me with a cheated up motor aint you good you had to cheat to win . wow ..
    Drive it like your daddy bought it

I thought the post was about 16D, not Wing Cars.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast