Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2011 ISRA Worlds - Brazil - Oct 1-8

2011 ISRA Worlds - Brazil - Oct 1-8

2011 ISRA World Slot Car Racing Championships

Red Fox Raceway - Sao Paulo Brazil
    October 1 - 8, 2011

2011 ISRA Worlds Web Site:
    http://www.isra-brazil.com.br/

Andy Wasserman asked me to make a thread to post some info regarding the ISRA Worlds. I could not find any previous announcement, so here 'tis.

From Andy:

I wanted to make sure that people with U.S. Passports that are heading there are aware that they will need a tourist visa from the Brazilian Embassy. It costs $140. It would be a good idea to organize it before a last minute rush.

Andy Wasserman
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wait!! There's more:

You must go online and fill out a Visa request form and submit it online.
    You must print out the receipt and attach a valid passport photo, sign the receipt , get a USPS money order for $140 and BRING it, in person, with your airline tickets and itinerary to the Brazilian Consulate designated for the state in which you live. For example, residents of Colorado must use the Texas branch of the consulate. You can then pick up your visa 8 to 10 days later. This cannot be done by direct mail with the consulate but there are services that can get it done for you for a fee. See you in Brazil.

Bill

Bill is correct. Getting a tourist visa for Brazil is not simple for US citizens. You've still got time, but you need to get moving. Happily, the visa is good or 10 years.

If you live within driving distance of a Brazilian Consulate then it's pretty easy. (Go online and fill out the form, get your stuff together, and make an appointment at the Consulate. Drop off your stuff at the appointment. Then pick it up a few days later.)

Some of the Consulates allow mail applications, but only for US citizens residing in their coverage areas.

For everybody else, you'll need to do it through a private intermediary that services the Consulate in your coverage area. (I live in Colorado, so mine was Houston.) This worked just fine in my case, tho it's more expensive than if you do it yourself. Please PM me if you're planning to go down this particular route.

Greg

Issued Visa...

Also once you are issued your visa for Brazil you must use the Visa within 90 days of it's issued date. If you do not travel to Brazil within that 90 days then the Visa expires and you are out $140. It was only $100 when I first applied in 2006.

But once you do use your visa within that 90 day time frame then the Visa will be valid for 5 years. My visa has expired this year since it was issued in 2006 so I will have to renew this year if I am going to travel to Brazil again. But it is worth it to go to Brazil to race.
    Last edited by Owl Chump; 08-10-2011 at 07:43 PM.
    Owl Chump

Al,

I think that that has changed, both points really: I'm pretty sure that you no longer have to use the visa within 90 days any more, and I think that the visa is good for multiple uses over 10 years, though US passports are only good for 10 years, so really I'd guess that your passport expiration date now limits the duration of the visa. I don't know if it's possible to have the visa transferred to a new passport.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg N View Post
    Al,

I think that that has changed, both points really: I'm pretty sure that you no longer have to use the visa within 90 days any more, and I think that the visa is good for multiple uses over 10 years, though US passports are only good for 10 years, so really I'd guess that your passport expiration date now limits the duration of the visa. I don't know if it's possible to have the visa transferred to a new passport.

Greg
    That would be good that the 90 day expiration if not used is no longer in effect as it was when I applied for my Brazilian visa. I will find out as I have to apply again.

If your passport expires inside of your Brazilian visa time, all you have to do is carry both your expired passport that contains the valid Brazilian and your new passport. This is what is recommended by the passport office. This happened to me and I carried both passports on my last two trips to Brazil. They do not recommend you cutting the Brazilian visa from your old passport and bring that with your new passport.
    Owl Chump

That's good to know! Thanks so much!!

Greg

A drivers handbook has been posted on ISRA Worlds website today: http://isra-brazil.com.br/pdf/handbook_2011.pdf

ISRA worlds 2011.....gentlemen start you electric motors...

Wow starts this weekend October the first....
    Good luck to all, be looking up the results online. Maybe Paul can set up a race results thread after he unburys himself from the typhoon.....
    Raymond

They are on their way....

Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
    Wow starts this weekend October the first....
    Good luck to all, be looking up the results online. Maybe Paul can set up a race results thread after he unburys himself from the typhoon.....
    Raymond
    Paul Gawronski left Monday morning and Tracy Chin left this morning for Sao Paulo and the the ISRA World at GuGu's track in Aruga Brazil.
    Owl Chump

Is the Owl going to be our roving reporter and food critic this year?
    Even if he doen't go maybe a daily report of what he eats in a day localy might fill in the void break periods.
    Raymond

Isra 2011 - brazil - webcan

Hello

Follow this link, the connection is bad because the region.

http://www.4shared.com/file/X4GhG9Pu/DMMultiView_83.htm

IP 201.95.95.134
    user: cameras
    login: 1234

Best
    Artur Luis
    São Paulo / Brasil
    www.npra.com.br

Quote Originally Posted by ArturLuis (BR) View Post
    Hello

Follow this link, the connection is bad because the region.

http://www.4shared.com/file/X4GhG9Pu/DMMultiView_83.htm

IP 201.95.95.134
    user: cameras
    login: 1234

Best
    I tried the link and the login does not work. I also tried the ip address and that does work either. Please advise
    Casey Scott

Team Camen - PK Armatures

www.theisrausa.com

Casey i seen your name on the entry list, when you leaving to go there?
    Robert Geibel
    TEAM BLACK TOWEL
    Power by Mic Byrd & ChaChing Motors.
    Garden State Isra/Usa
    Garden State Isra Club, Bayville NJ
    Retro East
    Retro Chassis by JRM Chassis

I was going to go but i can't now.. Most likely going next year
    Casey Scott

Team Camen - PK Armatures

www.theisrausa.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast