View Poll Results: 4.5 NASCAR, Group 10 and LMP, combine into a single driver division, no amateur/expert split.

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • In favor of this change

3 15.79%
  • Not in favor of this change

16 84.21%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Usra division ii rules

Usra division ii rules

Readers of Slotcar Talk, please vote on the following change to USRA Division II rules.

It's important to explain your choice as completely as possible so that we understand the pros and cons of this rule change.

For 4.5 NASCAR, Group 10 and LMP, combine into a single driver division, no amateur/expert split.

YES means you agree and support this rule change....explain why
    NO means you disagree with this rule change....explain why

NO.

I feel that the amateur level racer should be given a race of there own so they can have there time to shine.

Also Amateur level racers may decide not to show up to a race because they feel they dont have a chance to win or place.

Mike
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

Downers Grove Il Slot car Capitol of the World

Thumbs up Likewise!

Quote Originally Posted by mazur50 View Post
    NO.

I feel that the amateur level racer should be given a race of there own so they can have there time to shine.

Also Amateur level racers may decide not to show up to a race because they feel they dont have a chance to win or place.

Mike
    Coulden't have said it better myself, so I wont try !
    Mike got it right those would be My main reasons!
    Us baby seals need our own race!!
    Cheeto Racing

No,
    These groups are great classes to learn in but also fun for the more advanced. I agree with Mike, if there is no chance for a new racer to be competitive then why travel to a national level race. Keep them separate but with clear guidelines so that we don't have a repeat of last year. On a secondary note, I am opposed to hand out motors for any advanced driver class. Both rules will effectively reduce the amount of racers.

Curious why these were the rules submitted when there was a clear need to clarify driver status.
    Alan Ingram

I wonder why so few voted? Are these the rules that the majority really want? What needs to happen to get more than 50% member participation in the voting?
    I think if you look at the rules optimistically (which is hard sometimes) there are some pros. It will make the event shorter. That could increase participation due to the amount of time needed off work to attend previous years. There could still be a chance for Amateur to shine when builder is taken out of the equation. Now the exceptional builder, fair driver can get beat buy the poor builder, good driver.
    All in all, I dont like handout motors. But its racing and im going to have fun reguardless. Also I felt Amateur Nascar and Amateur LMP should be kept. Lower level classes it makes sense to have Amateur and expert, I dont think we need Amateur GT12, my honest opinion.
    I think the voter turnout is truly a bigger disappointment than the rule changes them selves.
    "Dub" Wade
    Nampa, ID
    208-392-0639
    dustynwade@ymail.com
    Dub Motors, Dub Rides, Dub Winged bodies, PMP Chassis, Paint by Odie, Bone Bodies.
    Of course Balance by Beuf
    3rd Eye Controllers

The voter participation was so low, because look how few actual traveling Pro racers you had that care about the production classes, virtually none. So you had a bunch of amateurs who will never attend another Nats deciding all of the votes.

The better rule change may be to no longer allow an amateur a vote, unless it only affects the amateur class, and nothing affecting the Pro's.
    ParmaPSE
    3rd Eye Technology

No...

Mike said it well!

It seems clear that the intent was to shorty the length of the event and as a consequence of this action the net result will be the total degradation of the classes mentioned above...

Sad....
    The Race Place raceplaceinfo.com
    Bowskateer founding member #3
    Get a 3rd EYE Fetroller 2.1
    Balanced by Bill

I agree with everything said........ when it comes to the nats, I am an amateur, at my local track I am in the expert class..... if the classes stay combined it should not be a handout motor race..... not sure now if I am going to try to make it to the nats next year
    Jim Dalton
    Bone Bodies

ISCC
    Dub Motors
    PMP Chassis
    3rd Eye controllers
    jd102454@yahoo.com

Lots of doom and gloom posted in this thread...

Lets count the racers so far:

Spec 15 - 10
    Am I15 - 10
    Pro Gp12 - 10
    Pro I15 - 10
    Am Gp12 - 20
    Am C12 - 5
    Am C12 - 9

Seven classes so far with an average of 10.57 racers per class... at the Div 2 Nats!

My take is that the USRA might as well try shifting the rudder, because it is crystal-clear that racers aren't being attracted by the current direction.

Quote Originally Posted by jdracer View Post
    I agree with everything said........ when it comes to the nats, I am an amateur, at my local track I am in the expert class..... if the classes stay combined it should not be a handout motor race..... not sure now if I am going to try to make it to the nats next year
    If you raced amateur at Nats under the old rules you would still have a handout motor.
    "Dub" Wade
    Nampa, ID
    208-392-0639
    dustynwade@ymail.com
    Dub Motors, Dub Rides, Dub Winged bodies, PMP Chassis, Paint by Odie, Bone Bodies.
    Of course Balance by Beuf
    3rd Eye Controllers

that I know, but I wouldn't be running against the pro's......I don't think I am in the same league as the pro's that run at the nats........
    Jim Dalton
    Bone Bodies

ISCC
    Dub Motors
    PMP Chassis
    3rd Eye controllers
    jd102454@yahoo.com

I've seen a few posts stating that by combining Amateur with Experts into one race, it will shorten the overall time of the event. Let's have an example:

If you have 25 Amateurs and 15 Experts it strikes me that you have 40 entries total.

Old USRA: Amateur race: You will have to qualify the 25 entries.

You then have three Mains, two with eight drivers, one is a nine car round robin.

Old USRA: Expert race: You will have to qualify the 15 entries

You then have two Mains, one with eight drivers the other with 7 drivers.

Old USRA: For total time, please combine the time for the Amateur race and the Expert race as outlined above.

New USRA: All driver levels qualify together, that's 40 qualifiers.

You will then have five (5) Mains with three (3) minute heats.

Can anybody explain where there is a huge savings in time? Same number of qualifiers, same number of mains.....Somehow I don't understand the concept that it is a time saver...

Quote Originally Posted by fxgeorge View Post
    I've seen a few posts stating that by combining Amateur with Experts into one race, it will shorten the overall time of the event. Let's have an example:

If you have 25 Amateurs and 15 Experts it strikes me that you have 40 entries total.

Old USRA: Amateur race: You will have to qualify the 25 entries.

You then have three Mains, two with eight drivers, one is a nine car round robin.

Old USRA: Expert race: You will have to qualify the 15 entries

You then have two Mains, one with eight drivers the other with 7 drivers.

Old USRA: For total time, please combine the time for the Amateur race and the Expert race as outlined above.

New USRA: All driver levels qualify together, that's 40 qualifiers.

You will then have five (5) Mains with three (3) minute heats.

Can anybody explain where there is a huge savings in time? Same number of qualifiers, same number of mains.....Somehow I don't understand the concept that it is a time saver...

The time saver will be that you will have a substantial less amount of entries. Amateurs won't want to race with the Pros and Pros won't want to race handout motors. The only way I'm racing a handout motor is if it's a blueprinted one and the race is on the flat track, which no Amateurs will race on anyways.

Jonathan
    ParmaPSE
    3rd Eye Technology

Quote Originally Posted by brassy View Post
    Lots of doom and gloom posted in this thread...

Lets count the racers so far:

Spec 15 - 10
    Am I15 - 10
    Pro Gp12 - 10
    Pro I15 - 10
    Am Gp12 - 20
    Am C12 - 5
    Am C12 - 9

Seven classes so far with an average of 10.57 racers per class... at the Div 2 Nats!

My take is that the USRA might as well try shifting the rudder, because it is crystal-clear that racers aren't being attracted by the current direction.
    I wonder how many Keyboard racers they are?
    Tracy Brown, Owner of:
    Go Fast Products - Slot Cars-R-Us "The Track"
    Visit Go Fast HERE!
    Visit our NEW Slot Cars-R-Us "The Track"!

I wish we had a raceway here in AZ!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast