Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 Div 1 Nats

Hey Mikael and Rodrigo,
    B.P. is and was listening we are simply waiting for the online vote so we can proceed with scheduling the nationals, of course we will be more than happy to schedule a later in august nats, to accomidate traveling racers, I had asked Chubby when the kids start school in N.Y. he said first and second weeks of sept. Mikael we are considering the end nats on saturday,I have heard good and bad from people, so for now we are ending on saturday. We will see. Take care guys. Randy..

Yes, Saturday was awesome. I had my feet propped up watching the Rangers play sunday afternoon on my own tv....

Archie
    "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"

Archie King
    2018 TSRA Series Group 7 Champion
    2018 HillBilly Box World Record Holder 1.907
    2016 HillBilly BoxStock Champion
    2014 TSRA Series Group 7 Champion

Team KOFORD
    http://www.koford.com/slot/

Ok so since posting last night I have heard from a few folks that are informing me that school starts in aug. around the 20th, so schedule change may not be as easy as I thought, my apologies for getting hopes up. Now before people start asking who and what, understand the children may not race but the parents still have to be home to take them to and from school and so on, the parents are the racers.Randy..

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Thompson View Post
    Ok so since posting last night I have heard from a few folks that are informing me that school starts in aug. around the 20th, so schedule change may not be as easy as I thought, my apologies for getting hopes up. Now before people start asking who and what, understand the children may not race but the parents still have to be home to take them to and from school and so on, the parents are the racers.Randy..
    So what we have here is little concern for the European Racer, a potential, $300-$600 tab in parts per racer by he end of the Nats. So BP wants to encourage European Racers to support their Nats despite their having to pay the highest airfare to attend?? The Last big European attended Nats was 2003 and 2007 both of which was held at "The Track" in Md, owners who appreciate the European Racer. Additionally, since moving the Nats to early Aug the European Racer attendance level has continued to dwindle. Despite the low turn out of American Racers to attend the biggest European Race, "The German Open" during the lowest airfare time of the year to travel to Germany, many Europeans still wish to come to the states but raceway owners show little concern or make little effort to make the trip economical for them. So tell me, the next time i'm at a European Race what should I say when they questions me about the time frame of the Nats? I paid $1800 x 2 this year to fly to the east coast, it'll be significantly higher to fly to the west coast if i decide to come. Its sad i'm from La Puente, wife from Apple Valley with family up and down I10 and still not be planning to fly to Cali because of the time frame.

The Traveler
    "No Good Man Travels Alone"

How many non local kids were at the nats this year? 2 or 3? I'd rather race against the best european racers if it means losing a couple of kids. The Nats need to be the last week of august or the first week of September. I am in college and it would probably mean missing a few days of school, but those days early in the semester arent significant anyways.
    Chase Walker

How about start Friday 24th and end on Saturday September 1st?

not to offend anyone but the proposal needs to be voted on before anything can be changed, and I for one can honestly say that both of my kids were there and raced along with more than three others from ny, and texas also which if it was during my kids school year they and i woulld not of attended. the schools around here have very strict attendance policies more than 5 days missed per semester and that child fails the whole semester, the point that mack has made at the nats was for the 2nd or 3 week of august it was cheaper to fly from europe and that would not conflict with most schools in the us, as most start the friday before or tuesday after labor day. Chase how much fun would it be if the nats were held in sept and beuf couldnt make it or someone else who has done so much for wingcar racing, because of the kids school year? There has to be a happy medium somewhere for the europeans and kids so everyone who wants to attend can. thats just my thoughts
    Give me my glue bottle!!!!!!!!!![B]

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike1 View Post
    ................, the point that mack has made at the nats was for the 2nd or 3 week of august it was cheaper to fly from europe and that would not conflict with most schools in the us, as most start the friday before or tuesday after labor day.
    CORRECTION: What I said was anything after the second week airline prices start to lower, because the high season is mid July to mid August(which would be the second week and still high prices). The dates Tony G suggested would be great. BUT what I possibly see happening here is that the proposal might not make it, therefore making it easy for the raceway to use that as their excuse for not having it late August. I say again in recent years only "The Track" in Md pushed the envelope of scheduling to make it a'lil easier on the European Racer and they were well rewarded in over the counter sells. As you said, the vote has not taken place yet but once it does, what the U.S. thinks of the European Racer will reflect in how the vote ends up.

The Traveler
    "No Good Man Travels Alone"

I do not know the stats, I'm sure someone on here has them, but how does the attendance of the 2002 nats at BP compare with the 2003 attendance of The Track. And the 2005 BP Nats vs. 2007 at The Track. This might show what timeframe actually works better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
    CORRECTION:
    ...............................As you said, the vote has not taken place yet but once it does, what the U.S. thinks of the European Racer will reflect in how the vote ends up.

The Traveler
    Why is it all about the US racers.......is there something keeping the European racers from joining the USRA so they can cast their vote?

Terry
    -

Leave it on the 1st or 2nd week of Aug.. Because the 3rd and 4th week of Aug. school starts. Besides its a good time of the month to have the Nats.
    David Lara
    Last edited by txdavid4777; 08-18-2011 at 07:38 PM.

I wish we could have it both ways but unfortunately we can't. For the future of wing racing in the US though I think it's obvious that we need to do everything we can to promote racing to our kids. As much as I would like to see 20 Europeans show up for the Nats, if that meant that 5 kids couldn't make it then I think that is a bad tradeoff. The 5 kids are our future, the 20 Europeans are the present.
    MON THE BIFF !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12