Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: New NATS format

Group F or $100 wing seems pretty close to a $65 RTR.

My 2 favorite classes are C-12 and GP-27 and are the only ones I race at the NATS. I think that driver classifications should be remove from all Cobalts classes. Some of you made noises that you must have 20+ motors in C-12 & GP-27. I made the main in C-12 2008, 2009 and 2010 used 2 motors in each race 1 for Semi and 1 for the Main. Unfortunate circumstances prevented me from racing this year, my box made the trip but not me.
    Same is the case for GP-27 never used more than 2 motors at a NATS. I ran the same chassis in GP-27 in 2008, 2009 and 2010 NATS.
    How many people race one of these classes and only 1 other class will they still come?
    Every year the question is asked how do we build Wing Car Racing it is done at the local Track level.
    In Texas we race Wing Cars, we have had a Texas Series Race Program for 30+ years, we race every 6 weeks at 4 or 5 different tracks all King Tracks. We race Group F, 2 GP-12, C-12 and Opens in Dallas, Ft Worth, Houston and Tulsa Okla traveling 250 to 500 miles to race every 6 weeks. In between there will be One Motor GP-12 and Group F races and we promote

What were the number of entries in each class at the DSC NATS?

Also nice if using a relevant box stock chassis and bodie makes moving into a box stock race a piece of cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLE FRED View Post
    Group F or $100 wing seems pretty close to a $65 RTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hershman View Post
    I think it's more like..... most people don't want to spend money to build motors.

Interesting post though...... last week you were complaining about the scale side turning two classes into hand out motor classes which requires no building and in this thread you are promoting more classes that are "hands-off" the motors.

It's all good Mike.
    Not saying I like it but that is what is happening.
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

Spray glue will find acceptance in time, folks don't like alot of change at once, but the Gerding kings have paved the way for spray glue racing, I know people out here in so cal like it, don't need a pit crew, it is easier on the equipment, its alot of fun.

2010 Nats at Dallas Slot Cars entries

spec 15 23
    am 12 17
    pro 12 14
    am 15 9
    pro 15 7
    am c12 10
    pro c12 8
    27 L 26
    am 27 7
    pro 27 10
    OMO 31
    warm up 9
    craig landry 10
    semi pro 8
    pro 23
    Shontel

Dallas Slot Cars
    dallasslotcars.com

Quote Originally Posted by shontelh View Post
    2010 Nats at Dallas Slot Cars entries

spec 15 23
    am 12 17
    pro 12 14
    am 15 9
    pro 15 7
    am c12 10
    pro c12 8
    27 L 26
    am 27 7
    pro 27 10
    OMO 31
    warm up 9
    craig landry 10
    semi pro 8
    pro 23
    With numbers like this there should've been a proposal this year to combine some of these class. Yet again we've missed the mark, unless someone got the proposal in. I understand track owners want to make money, but as someone alluded to earlier, these numbers wont cover the A/C bill for the day they're scheduled on. Doesnt seem like complicated math to me.

The Traveler
    "No Good Man Travels Alone"

Gentlemen:

The difference between 27L and OMO at the are you know in advance how much equipment you will need to compete. With the lower classes you have to be prepared for a larger turnout, which requires more equipment. That being said, people are just not interested in building that much equipment so they just dont attend.

Like I have said for years If we reduce the need for equipment we will gain entries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC had similar entry trends to Chick's, with OMO, Gr.27 lite and Pro Gr.7 being the largest fields.
    Last edited by GaryG; 08-16-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
    DSC had similar entry trends to Chick's, with OMO, Gr.27 lite and Pro Gr.7 being the largest fields.
    Was Spec 15 run at Chick's?
    I think Spec 15 had 10 entries. If you race spec 15 is it true the only other class you can race is Am Gp12? I have some racers interested in traveling to BP to race Spec 15, but would also like to run Gp12, 27L and OMO
    "Dub" Wade
    Nampa, ID
    208-392-0639
    dustynwade@ymail.com
    Dub Motors, Dub Rides, Dub Winged bodies, PMP Chassis, Paint by Odie, Bone Bodies.
    Of course Balance by Beuf
    3rd Eye Controllers

Quote Originally Posted by hesketh View Post
    I also disagree that the Nats is only about being the place to cull the talent for the best. That's the thinking that got us to where we are. One winner and a bunch of losers. To me it's always been more like Slotcar Woodstock, an opportunity to get together with racers you only see once a year, a nonstop slotcar party. If it's only about winning (or beating Beuf) why bother. I know I can't and quite frankly you can't either Gary. 95% of the people that show up have next to no chance of winning a class and measure their success by lesser achievement and how much fun we have. If it's just about who is the best, just mail the plaque to Idaho and cancel the fcuking thing.

I completely disagree with this. It's not Beuf you have to beat!! And I saw it first hand.

Get rid of the am and pro stuff and stop sponsoring all these racers. Let them buy their stuff just like everbody else.

Archie King
    "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"

Archie King
    2018 TSRA Series Group 7 Champion
    2018 HillBilly Box World Record Holder 1.907
    2016 HillBilly BoxStock Champion
    2014 TSRA Series Group 7 Champion

Team KOFORD
    http://www.koford.com/slot/

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Raceway View Post
    I think Spec 15 had 10 entries. If you race spec 15 is it true the only other class you can race is Am Gp12? I have some racers interested in traveling to BP to race Spec 15, but would also like to run Gp12, 27L and OMO
    That would be correct. If you run Spec15 you can only run Am G12. Reason being that they are both entry level classes. The easy fix is not to run Spec 15.

The Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Fugate View Post
    Gentlemen:

The difference between 27L and OMO at the are you know in advance how much equipment you will need to compete. With the lower classes you have to be prepared for a larger turnout, which requires more equipment. That being said, people are just not interested in building that much equipment so they just dont attend.

Like I have said for years If we reduce the need for equipment we will gain entries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not to be attacking here, but this reply/response does not make sense.

I agree with the idea of reducing the number of classes run at the Nats.

If you could get the event into a four day weekend format, all the better.

Correct me if my memory is failing- but weren't the best race turnouts of all time with few "classes"?
    ‎‎"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." - Steve Jobs 1955-2011