Thread: Who is going to Wingfest on Saturday????

Who is going to Wingfest on Saturday????

So this Saturday 9/24 is the first race of the new series! Who all is coming?

I'm hoping to make it down for the Group 12, G27L and OMO races. Jim tells me I can't race the Group F race!
    Gary Johnson

Serves you right for dominating the field! Christopher & I will be there. Last chance to get a practice race in before the Wade 500! See you all on Sat.!

Very light turnout today. So light in fact that Jim decided not to make this into a series race. Come on guys! We need you to support this program!

We started the day off with Group F. Thankfully we actually had a nearly full field for this amateur event.

TQ Jeff Bowes 4.037

1. Eli Pile 283 Laps 4.243 fast lap on green
    2. Jeff Bowes 275 Laps 4.206 fast lap on orange
    3. Jim Bowes 273 Laps 4.444 fast lap on orange
    4. Joe Lim 270 Laps (about 1/4 lap ahead of John) 4.610 fast lap on orange
    5. John Carbone 270 Laps 4.426 fast lap on white
    6. Isaac Pile 195 Laps 4.595 fast lap on black
    7. Chris West 101 Laps motor and braid issues 4.575 fast lap on orange

Isaac borrowed my Slugfest car and drove a conservative race. By the end of the race he was really starting to get his timing down and was doing much better. I hope to see him next month to see how he improves.

Box 12

I was the only Expert 12 racer to show up! Sheesh guys! We can do better!

TQ Gary Johnson 3.398 - The car had more, but I blew a gear half way through qualifying...
    Am TQ Jim Bowes 3.522

1. Joe Lim 312 Laps 3.834 fast lap on green
    2. Jim Bowes 311 Laps 3.686 fast lap on orange
    3. Eli Pile 287 Laps 3.922 fast lap on yellow
    4. John Carbone 126 Laps Motor trouble 4.159 fast lap on on green
    5. Gary Johnson 65 Laps gear issues 3.638 fast lap on black

My car felt really good, and I was just cruising along then it started to chatter on the lead on. 2 laps later the gear went. This was 30 seconds from the end of the heat. I changed the gear and re-tacked the motor in place even though it didn't appear to be loose. Starting in on black, I again got to about 30 laps into the heat and the car started chattering on the lead on and 2 laps later the gear was gone. I decided since I couldn't find the issue to just pull. The race was really tight between Joe and Jim all the way until the 7th heat where Joe managed to gain 3 laps on Jim. The last heat I thought Jim might be able to pass Joe but he ran out of time finishing just shy of 1 lap behind Joe.

John's motor died on him half way through the first heat. He kept working on it and found that it had overheated one of the brush springs. Once he replaced the spring it worked good and he was able to get in some valuable race laps. Kudo's for the perseverance to find the issue and get back on the track!

We ended up with 4 people who really wanted to race 27L, but all the amateurs left as soon as their race was over. Hey guys, Not nice to have the pro's turn marshal for you, and then you guys leave not allowing them to race!
    Gary Johnson

Guilty as charged.

Although Isaac doesn't show a lot of emotion, he was quite thrilled to use the car. He kept telling Mom how big of a deal that was. Thanks again for being so generous. We are planning on coming back for the October race and we will stick around as late as we can after our races.

We may also show up on the 12th and let the kids run some Womps. If we get there early enough, I'll buy Isaac some track time on the King and give him some coaching. ...maybe Jim can give me some coaching for my Box 12 too. I can't seem to keep it on the track.
    Eli Pile

...probably the only guy you know who's name is a palindrome

OK all you speed crazed morons, this weekend the 25th, it's wing time & if you haven't heard or checked the schedule racing starts at 10:00 am. Trying to get things started a little early so we're not racing all night. The track needs to be cleaned & preped so any help is always greatly appreciated! See you racers soon! You too Leonard!
    Bob

Ten, AM ? I am just rising. There should be a class for the retired. It would help if the sun would be up, or is it just stuck on top of our grey matter, called overcast. I went to bed at 3am after massaging my 1st control handles so i could cram in the guts of my 3rd. eye. It is a blue Russkit that i have from 1965 when i got into slots. There won,t be another idiot, i mean slot racer that will have one as cool looking as mine. I also fixed my aligator clips, ( which i had modifyed) and snugged up the dials. The last uero race on my last lane, (blue) the sens moved and my car was so slow i thougt the motor was frying. With 8 laps left we had a track call and i turned the sens hot like i started with and i was ballistic again. I needed 4 more laps to overtake ballistic bob , no pun intended bob. I would have moved from 7th to 4th. Darn mechanic. Yrs trly, getting faster, Leonard Strand. ps. bob, i am now going to work on my wingy things so you can dust me off again.

OK, here we go! This Saturday is our monthly wing race & we need racers! Falcon, GP12 & 27L. Races start at noon (sharp) this time, some racers just couldn't pull them selves out of bed last time for the 10:00 start (Leonard!) Track needs to be cleaned & preped so any help is always appreciated. & oh yea, Christopher is back from Iowa & ready for action! See you all Saturday!

Bob

I might be there LOL
    Royz

Seattle, Wa, Home of the Speed Crazed Morons
    Elvis will not be there
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On