Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Annual Wade Raceway 500 10/14/2011 to 10/16/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Raceway View Post
    Blew out a axle bearing! Oops. Gotta learn to navigate traffic better going this fast. Funnest cars in the world! haha.
    These things happen! Maybe you can firer your pit crew!
    Owl Chump

Results for OMO 10/16/11
    TQ: Beuf 1.897 (New Track Record)
    1. Beuf 771.4 (New Track Record)
    2. Chris Everett 716.6
    3. Gary Johnson 608.2
    4. Mike "Samsonite" Swanson 607
    5. Jeremy "Juice" Andrews 565.9
    6. Bob "Ballistic Bob" Everett 562.9
    7. Joe Lim 562.2
    8. Pedro Mizarela 559.5
    9. Kevin "Palm Donkey" Palmer 521.9
    10. Yakima Phil 212
    11. Spenser Warren 153
    12. Dub 142
    "Dub" Wade
    Nampa, ID
    208-392-0639
    dustynwade@ymail.com
    Dub Motors, Dub Rides, Dub Winged bodies, PMP Chassis, Paint by Odie, Bone Bodies.
    Of course Balance by Beuf
    3rd Eye Controllers

How many Euro's ?
    They are qualifying now.
    Someone went 2.9
    Alan Ingram

A main coming up for 1/24th Euro.
    Yakima Phil wins B main, watch out for him, he has been known to win a race from as low as a C main! Jim Radford from PSCR takes 2nd in B.
    Alan Ingram

Wow,
    Serious line up. Beuf, Hermanator, Lee Gilbert, Gary Johnson, Chris and Bob Everett. And with Joe Lim in the A main that's 5 from PSCR !
    Alan Ingram

Quote Originally Posted by Ingram View Post
    Wow,
    Serious line up. Beuf, Hermanator, Lee Gilbert, Gary Johnson, Chris and Bob Everett. And with Joe Lim in the A main that's 5 from PSCR !
    Wow, you're right Alan. Hmmm, 10:20am, Monday, I wonder who in the heck won Eurosport?

I sure hope in the future that when there's a major race, we don't assume that everybody is just at home streaming the video from the raceway. I think more people will be informed if you at least shoot the computer screen and post the photo....that's quick and easy. Anyway, for me as a eurosport racer, I don't sit there watching the race on video, I really just want to come to Old Weird Herald and read the results.

Kudos to Chris Radisch who watched The Worlds in Brazil and thought to take photos of his computer screen and post those photos! That was great, thanks again Chris.

The Wade 500 has really become one of the major events of the slotcar calendar, Dustyn has done an amazing job rebuilding his raceway, and an even more amazing job of PROMOTING his race. Kudos to Wade! However, better race coverage would be an improvement next year.

I believe the top 4 were; Beuf, Hermanator, Lee Gilbert, Yakima Phil (b main). I think Herman edged out Lee in the last heat, but Beuf was a missle.
    Alan Ingram

Quote Originally Posted by fxgeorge View Post
    Wow, you're right Alan. Hmmm, 10:20am, Monday, I wonder who in the heck won Eurosport?

..............I don't sit there watching the race on video, I really just want to come to Old Weird Herald and read the results.
    So I was bored

I remember at The Flats that someone was calling OWH himself and reading the results as soon as they were printed. I can't imagine how much work the crew at Wade had to do with the resurfacing and then having to move.

I plan on attending next year and I will volunteer my services. Next year is looking to be a good year for racing on the West Coast. D2 Nats in March, The Flats in July, and the Wade 500 in October. Put in for your vacation time now as you don't want to miss any of these !
    Alan Ingram

OK Alan, thanks for posting the eurosport results. I'll email Fred Hood and let him know who was in the top four. I know some other guys who want to find out too, so I'll email them. Sounds like it was a good race, and Beuf can be devastatingly fast in eurosport when he has the right combination of motor and tires on that particular day at that particular track. I won't forget his performance three years ago (or was it two years?) at the Boola Bash, pretty much killed the whole field. Good to see Hermanator and Lee in the hunt. I wonder what happened to Gary Johnson? Also, looks like Alicia couldn't make it along with Kevin Kosir....I think Kevin had an event going on at Morrison. Once again Alan, I appreciate you're being the messenger. Hope you get some sales soon too!!!

Gary had some seriously bad luck in Eurosport. An issue on yellow lane had cars popping out in the dead man. With a little sanding on the inside of the slot we were able to help the problem dramatically. Gary ran it after the sanding to test it and got through it fast and hit the wall in the sweeper which broke his magnet on his race car. I believe by the time he was done he had gone through 4 motors from Saturday night to Sunday night.

As far as race results go, I am sure that Dustyn will be posting them soon. I can not remember all of the results from the top of my head. I am certain with next years 500 the stream will include lap totals or at least we will be updating lap totals regularly. We didnt even have the tracks running until last Sunday!

Grand Champion Winners

1st Beuf
    2nd Chris Everett
    3rd Jeremy Andrew
    Kyle Hoff

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle H View Post
    Gary had some seriously bad luck in Eurosport. An issue on yellow lane had cars popping out in the dead man. With a little sanding on the inside of the slot we were able to help the problem dramatically. Gary ran it after the sanding to test it and got through it fast and hit the wall in the sweeper which broke his magnet on his race car. I believe by the time he was done he had gone through 4 motors from Saturday night to Sunday night.

As far as race results go, I am sure that Dustyn will be posting them soon. I can not remember all of the results from the top of my head. I am certain with next years 500 the stream will include lap totals or at least we will be updating lap totals regularly. We didnt even have the tracks running until last Sunday!

Grand Champion Winners

1st Beuf
    2nd Chris Everett
    3rd Jeremy Andrew
    Thanks Kyle.

If Chris ever decides to race on a larger scale he is going to give everyone a run for his money. I was amazed watching how composed he was while racing. Wasn't he TQ for Euro at 2.9xx, a new track record.

Sorry to see Gary have trouble in Euro. By my math he had a good shot at 3rd place for Grand Champion.
    Alan Ingram

Yes I believe Chris TQ'd at 2.97X in Euro. He also got TQ, Concourse, and 1st place in boxstock, and did very well in many other classes. He was consistently fast in every class. I cant remember how the points ended up. However, I do know that Beuf won by 16 points last year, but only won by 6 this year so who knows... It may not be him next year?
    Kyle Hoff

Results for Euro 10/16/11 16 Entries
    TQ: Chris Everett 2.934
    1. Beuf 653
    2. Herman James 634
    3. Lee Gilbert 630
    4. Yakima Phil 600
    5. Chris Everett 597
    6. Jim Radford 593
    7. Joe Lim 588
    8. Spenser Warren 515
    9. Juice 497
    10. Dub 462
    11. Odie 440
    12. Gary Johnson 335
    13. Pedro Mizarella 127
    14. Fatboy 93
    15. Kyle Hoff 86
    16. Ballistic Bob 56
    "Dub" Wade
    Nampa, ID
    208-392-0639
    dustynwade@ymail.com
    Dub Motors, Dub Rides, Dub Winged bodies, PMP Chassis, Paint by Odie, Bone Bodies.
    3rd Eye Controllers

I appologize for the wait. 5 hrs of sleep in 4 days, I didnt wake up until 1 today haha
    "Dub" Wade
    Nampa, ID
    208-392-0639
    dustynwade@ymail.com
    3rd Eye Controllers

Grand Champion Podium Points were set at 16 for 1st.
    1. Beuf 62
    2. Chris Everett 54
    3. Juice 45

I will have the full rundown later.
    "Dub" Wade
    Nampa, ID
    208-392-0639
    dustynwade@ymail.com
    3rd Eye Controllers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast