Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remote Track Call

Quote Originally Posted by trickyvic3 View Post
    You just need to go to Staples and get the EASY button. Works on every system out there
    That's what I was thinking.
    220' Engleman Grandstand
    1000' 1/24th Scale, Dragstrip
    Aaron Farrell
    Slot Car Cave
    3033 Suite B Cherry Road
    Rock Hill, SC 29730
    (803) 524-8844

Check Website for hours.
    Follow us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/SlotCarCave

hey Aaron, call the slot car track in concord and talk to randy they have the remote call and srt he may be able to tell you more about it and how it wrks and how good it has wrk for them .. i have been told just a simple rec. and remote will wrk .. anything that has a remote and reciever should wrk its basic wiring into the srt wire loom and just send a signal from the remote to the rec. out the rec, thru the wire loom to the pc .. you can also hook up yellow lights to the wire loom to have caution lights when a track call is active neat stuff . i never knew ..
    Drive it like your daddy bought it

Lapmaster has a wireless remote with system when you purchase a new lapmaster system. Its just a little remote about 1.5" wide by 3" long and works great.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamby View Post
    hey Aaron, call the slot car track in concord and talk to randy they have the remote call and srt he may be able to tell you more about it and how it wrks and how good it has wrk for them .. i have been told just a simple rec. and remote will wrk .. anything that has a remote and reciever should wrk its basic wiring into the srt wire loom and just send a signal from the remote to the rec. out the rec, thru the wire loom to the pc .. you can also hook up yellow lights to the wire loom to have caution lights when a track call is active neat stuff . i never knew ..
    Thanks for the reply Danny. I have been to Concord and Moresville and talked with both. I was just thinking that with everyone out there someone might have come up with an idea that others have not tried. I have been really thinking about the keyfob idea for a long time but was concerned about the remote lag and having to repeatedly hit the button if the signal is not received. I don run into both of those issues already with my long range wireless keyboard. For my track 220' Engleman Grandstand, I am able to marshal two corners and race direct from one spot. This gives me the idea of just going with a removable hard wired button. I did some testing Thursday night to see if it need to be a momentary button or standard on/off. SRT manual never mentions it. It is in fact a momentary OFF/ON switch that is needed. Believe it or not I could actually wire a "Staples Easy Button" to the track as a slap button track call. After further thought I will probably go with a horn button that can be placed on the top edge of the track, and removed when not needed. Any ideas are welcome multiple heads are better than one! Thanks for everyone's input.
    220' Engleman Grandstand
    Aaron Farrell
    Slot Car Cave
    3033 Suite B Cherry Road
    Rock Hill, SC 29730
    (803) 524-8844

Check Website for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Parocket View Post
    Lapmaster has a wireless remote with system when you purchase a new lapmaster system. Its just a little remote about 1.5" wide by 3" long and works great.
    We hope to one day move into a more current system.
    220' Engleman Grandstand
    Aaron Farrell
    Slot Car Cave
    3033 Suite B Cherry Road
    Rock Hill, SC 29730
    (803) 524-8844

Check Website for hours.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by trickyvic3 View Post
    You just need to go to Staples and get the EASY button. Works on every system out there
    OK here it is.

I gotta say it works great! Instant power off! I'm either going to hang it on the side of the track or have a mount that allows it to sit on top of the edge.
    I can even lay it on the floor, and use it as a foot activated track call, but I think I would kill it that way.

Parts used:
    Staples easy button $6.99
    Momentary switch from Radio Shack $2 (the one inside the Easy button didn't work well.)
    Old 2 wire phone cord from a land line. (yeah remember those, I actually found a new use for one) $0
    220' Engleman Grandstand
    Aaron Farrell
    Slot Car Cave
    3033 Suite B Cherry Road
    Rock Hill, SC 29730
    (803) 524-8844

Check Website for hours.

Home of the 2007 USRA Nats and a pretty fast King Track
    If you decide to try 'wireless', go with the X-10 signals. Use the Alarm Interface and set the switch to momentary, then use any X-10 receiver and Keychain remote. Should work well with acceptable response time. Another way would be to hard wire 'Track call' switches at numerous locations around the track and a simple on/off switch in the circuit before the computer would allow you to turn on or off as required.
    There are "Racers" and there are "Talkers".....which one are you?

Simple Solution: NO TRACK CALLS!!
    -----------------------
    Kenny Holton

ASR-IMS RACING

https://www.facebook.com/asrindoormotorsports.raceway

"Haters are always gonna hate!"

Home of the 2007 USRA Nats and a pretty fast King Track
    no track calls is a great idea until it's your car sitting across 2 lanes in the bank for whatever reason. Although I agree we have way too many track calls, in some instances, they are a necessary evil.
    There are "Racers" and there are "Talkers".....which one are you?

Many moons ago there was a guy named Gary who had a King track in NE Charlotte... This was in the mid '90s... he had some sort of little button on a looong coiled cord for track calls... Worked great!!! He still turns up occasionslly at local raceways...
    Ben Kernan
    Formerly of SARN

Any recent updates or bright ideas/suggestions?

We are in the process of rebuilding/setting up our club raceway and we are desperate to incorporate some type of remote "track call" button for those occassions when we do not have a race director ofthere are insufficient marshals standing around the track

We are running SRT.

All helpful suggestions appreciated
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

My Easy Button works great! Very quick!. Both my hands are free to turn marshal, and I can hit the "Easy Button" with a quick slap. I don't miss the delay of a remote.

And that wire runs back to your race control position?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    And that wire runs back to your race control position?

It runs back to the SRT board in the back of the PC stored under the track.

Thanks for the info

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast