Page 1 of 20 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: new kelly chassis

new kelly chassis

for those who havent heard it should be out very soon. just a hint, your c11s may soon be collecting dust.

They already are for the most part... Thanks to the X25.

Where can one see a picture of this new chassis?
    The Race Place raceplaceinfo.com
    Bowskateer founding member #3
    Get a 3rd EYE Fetroller 2.1
    Balanced by Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff714 View Post
    My thoughts exactly....
    Farmingdale, NJ 07727
    732-938-5215

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff714 View Post
    They already are for the most part... Thanks to the X25.

Jeff maybe just the c-11 center sections will collect dust the pans work very well with the x-25 center ala my b-pro this past saturday. yes a picture would be nice
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Knowing Jerry, he probably already has the drawings for a replacement if anything comes out better than his current C11 / X25 lineup? His chassis have been on top since the C7, does anyone really think it won't stay that way?
    NONE

I would love to see a new chassis more like the old days when you had all kinds of chassis at the NAT's
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

Question New Kelly chassis

Surely someone has a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by biscuit581 View Post
    for those who havent heard it should be out very soon. just a hint, your c11s may soon be collecting dust.
    "Hand-wound" no doubt?
    Tachyon - A gluon that isn't quite dry.

yes i have a pic but unfortunately for you guys im not too good on a computer. sorry. i did have it this past weekend at the florida state race and several people did get a chance to check it out. it is similar to the current model, the difference is the metal. it is by far better than anything ive seen from jk in a few years. stronger than the .030 c11, yet lighter than the .025. 3 different pan options. i think its crazy for anyone to doubt terry kelly and the resources he has. i know there is no pic here yet and i know i havent made it out of the southeast for a big race in a long time so maybe im a stranger to most. but last time i did show up for a race this is what happened... http://www.slotcartalk.com/slotcarta...ro-LMP-Results and this... http://www.slotcartalk.com/slotcarta...4-quot-results

trust me guys. this chassis is going to be a beautiful thing

Has it been Turbo-Blasted?????
    Mind on a permanent vacation
    The ocean is my only medication
    Wishin' my condition aint ever gonna go away

Quote Originally Posted by biscuit581 View Post
    yes i have a pic but unfortunately for you guys im not too good on a computer. sorry. i did have it this past weekend at the florida state race and several people did get a chance to check it out. it is similar to the current model, the difference is the metal. it is by far better than anything ive seen from jk in a few years. stronger than the .030 c11, yet lighter than the .025. 3 different pan options. i think its crazy for anyone to doubt terry kelly and the resources he has. i know there is no pic here yet and i know i havent made it out of the southeast for a big race in a long time so maybe im a stranger to most. ......."

I can vouch for at least part of what Biscuit has told us. I was at the My Series Race in Melbourne this past Saturday and got a chance to hold the new Kelly chassis prototype for a few minutes. The "mule" that I saw had obviously been run but did not have a motor in it or axle and tires when I held it. It has the same wheelbase as the JK X25 but feels every bit as light as a C11 .025. I mic'd the center at .030 and the pans at .025 and noticed that the center appears to have a coating while the pans are plated.

I have no idea if it will work or not, but it looks "racy."

The test will be to see how it runs after a collision. I heard that it has survived some encounters with FCR cars, so maybe that's a good sign.

Still, it might be a challenge to sell just because the old Kelly chassis was so bad in a wreck.
    Rollin Isbell

If the pic is on your phone text it to someone to post.

Surely you know someone who can get the picture on the net?

i can work on that but its kinda cool knowing a secret only a few people know about haha. ill see what i can do.

Quote Originally Posted by RollinI View Post
    I can vouch for at least part of what Biscuit has told us. I was at the My Series Race in Melbourne this past Saturday and got a chance to hold the new Kelly chassis prototype for a few minutes. The "mule" that I saw had obviously been run but did not have a motor in it or axle and tires when I held it.
    So you didn't get a chance to run it.
    Mind on a permanent vacation
    The ocean is my only medication
    Wishin' my condition aint ever gonna go away