Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: new kelly chassis

Haha to funny racer 36.. You don't know what your talking about. The new metal is very strong. Sucks being you!

Like I said on page 1, it's not going to obsolete the JK but I'm sure it will win races just like every other chassis.

Biscuit and DZ, you guys are very good racers and I enjoyed racing agianst and meeting you at this years Nats.

DZ speaks the truth about the new metal......I only wish they were available now.

DZ is one of the fastest, if not THE fastest racer I have ever seen, no reason for him to talk bullfeathers.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
    There's something about chassis's with cotter pins that is not that exciting. Have you guys been running it on flat tracks? And it handled better than the JK's?
    But that cotter pin is made out of unobtainium......... rare and indestructible.... so the rumor mills go!

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z. View Post
    Haha to funny racer 36.. You don't know what your talking about. The new metal is very strong. Sucks being you!
    Wow. Snappy comeback.
    Tachyon - A gluon that isn't quite dry.

I was not going to dignify that jem with a response MacMoose. He pretty much slotted himself into the correct category. For those who are wondering, that is the category full of knuckle dragging, hat on backwards morons who seem to think the 2nd generation Bendo-O-Matic will make everyone forget what a turd the first generation was. I wonder if the illustrious Mr. Kelly will take the old ones as a trade in on a new one....retail for retail of course. It would seem like a noble gesture to me........
    And yes DZ...I do know what I am talking about................

same to you ralph, i know we all learned quite a bit in that practice before that nascar race!! lol. racer36 you must be in line for a refund on every gear youve ever spun or every guide youve broken arent you?? its racin dude stuff gets bent and broke. i bought another brand tires just to strip out the set screw yeah i was upset but it goes like that sometimes...oh well i dont think anyone put a gun to your head and made you buy the first chassis did they?? didnt think so. lol

Haha racer36... sounds like ur butt hurt! Must suck being closed minded like you. Once again sucks being you. Lol

It is abundantly clear that these two came to a battle of the wits unarmed
    In the interest of saving keystrokes I will let this die
    Unbelievable.............

Unbelievable.

That truly is what you will say if you ever have the courage to call either one of these young men a moron to their face.

Greg Walker
    The Race Place

Quote Originally Posted by Racer36 View Post
    I was not going to dignify that jem with a response MacMoose. He pretty much slotted himself into the correct category. For those who are wondering, that is the category full of knuckle dragging, hat on backwards morons who seem to think the 2nd generation Bendo-O-Matic will make everyone forget what a turd the first generation was. I wonder if the illustrious Mr. Kelly will take the old ones as a trade in on a new one....retail for retail of course. It would seem like a noble gesture to me........
    And yes DZ...I do know what I am talking about................
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer36 View Post
    It is abundantly clear that these two came to a battle of the wits unarmed
    In the interest of saving keystrokes I will let this die
    Unbelievable.............
    Yes sir. Nothing like someone deciding to make the whole conversation personal. If you have an issue with Kelly's products, wail on. There was/is plenty to complain about the original Kelly/Pro Slot FX chassis. They ran great ..... until the first good hit. But that has nothing to do with the guys posting.

Slot Car racing and slot car stores could use a competitor to the JK chassis. On our track (doesn't mean it's true everywhere) the JK line of chassis has run all of the Champion Turbo Flex and Parma Flexi chassis off of the track. The Cheetah 11 improved racing because it narrowed the gap between racers of different skill levels because they handle better than the Turbo Flex. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to be able to see guys try something new. If the Kelly turns out to be a good chassis, racers will have an option. If the Kelly turns out to be as fragile as the old one, then the market will relegate it to the waste basket.

Either way, there's no need for personal attacks. Especially against guys you've never met.

Quote Originally Posted by GWTRP View Post
    Unbelievable.

That truly is what you will say if you ever have the courage to call either one of these young men a moron to their face.

Greg Walker
    The Race Place

Greg,

It's called "keyboard courage."
    Rollin Isbell

just read all 17 pages of this bull---- and i will sum up my opinion!!looks like a glorified champion chassis .jk all the way!except no substitues my friends,and when i have to. the champion,choice #2
    Last edited by fester; 04-08-2012 at 04:13 PM.

You never know if something will work until you race it, but I`m not inpressed by the motor bracket or gear guard.
    Useless metal to drag around as far as I`m concerned.

How long is this thing compared to a JK X25?

Are there going to be 2 piece pans or just the T Flex knock offs?

Thanks for finally gracing us mere mortals with a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    You never know if something will work until you race it, but I`m not inpressed by the motor bracket or gear guard.
    Useless metal to drag around as far as I`m concerned.

How long is this thing compared to a JK X25?

Are there going to be 2 piece pans or just the T Flex knock offs?

Thanks for finally gracing us mere mortals with a picture.
    Mike,

I completely agree with you about the motor bracket and gear guard. Waste of material and the last place I want extra weight is at the back of the chassis.

The prototype that I saw had the same wheelbase (guide hole to rear uprights) as the JK X25.

I think the chassis developers at Kelly are the only people who know what the plans are for the pans. When Biscuit was running the prototype at our track, he only had the old Kelly pan. And, i've been told that the early editions that were available at the AMSRA Nats still had the old pan. It'll be interesting to see what pans look like on the final production version but I believe that it's going to be a one-piece pan.

Wonder how a Turbo Flex stamped from reasonably sturdy .025 would work?
    Rollin Isbell

Guys, there are no reason to take cheap shots at Biscuit and DZ. They are stating opinions based on what they have raced. As far as personal attacks, you don't have a reason to insult them. Having raced against them more than a few times, they are some of the best competition that you ever will come across at any track. If you don't like racing a two piece Turbo Flex style chassis, then don't. JK has enough offerings for you to run. I have ran the original "heat treated" Kelly chassis some time ago, but stopped running it because it was not as fast as a lightweight three piece JK Cheetah 11. The extra 9 grams of weight was too much to overcome. Granted, it handled well, and I probably had better luck with it than most people running our track at that time had, but I eventually stopped. If they have the bending issue cleared up, and it has shed some weight to be close to the Cheetah 11 .025, then it might be worth another look at the new design.

But really, the cheap shots at DZ and Biscuit are uncalled for in my opinion. It's about a chassis design, not about people.