Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Barn Burner Results

Smile Wow.

What a weekend.

No sleep, too damn much pizza and did I mention not enough sleep??

Seriously now, a great event as usual pulled off by the best in the biz.....Port Jeff Raceway and all of the staff therein.

For myself, I have to say that I raced fairly well considering the sleep and pizza induced disadvantages. It was a kick to make that 27 main and even be in the hunt for a podium spot for a while.

I WILL change my lead wires after every quarter and semi from now on......thanks to Benny J. for straightening me out on that score and fixing my car under green so quickly....a lesson learned I guess.

Thanks also to Les Wright for not burying me in the wall in that last heat of the 27 semi...that was as close as it gets. I have to admit though that if the tables were turned, Les might still be picking MDF splinters out of his car as we speak....

As far as the GP7 race is concerned, I almost made that main too, but looking back on it, I would have been a babe in the woods and probably caused some trouble for those more accomplished in that area.

It was a pleasure (if not a bit scarey) to race on the track with the likes of Chicky, Greg Mills and Larry Blanton though and I was glad to see Skinner move up in my place, this is HIS race afterall, and I can't think of anyone I would rather have lost that spot to. Besides, I think if I nerfed Bill in the finger one more time he would have had me assassinated....LOL.

Anyway, time to catch up on sleep, eat absolutely NO pizza for a few weeks and get back to life as it exists in real life.

Thanks Doug and everyone else that stopped by to race, shoot the breeze and especially Chris Schaffer for some great and lengthy pit help in the 27 race and Evan Petrakis for some great motors.

See you next year.

CONGRATS TO-- THE FINGER! YOU FINALLY GOT YOUR NAME ON THE WALL / TO CHICKY - OUTSTANDING!!!! WORLD RECORD AND AN AWSOME RACE 1.9'S ON WHITE? WTF?? AND OF COURSE TO DOUG AND THE WHOLE PORT JEFF CREW - GREAT RACING - GREAT TRACK AND OF COURSE GREAT FOOD! WE REALLY HAD A GREAT TIME - AS USUALL EVENTHOUGH ALL MY GLUE WENT ON PETE AND JONATHANS CLOTHES. NOW ITS TIME TO REGROUP AND RE-BUILD FOR THE NEXT RACE - SEE YOU GUYS SOON WITH SOME HP TO TRY AND GIVE YOU GUYS A RUN SOMETIME (YEA RIGHT - ME WITH HP?) ---- AND CONGRATS TOO ALL THE BARNBURNER WINNERS!

Farmingville, Long Island, New York/Alfred, New York

Barnburner

Wow what a week! I would like to congratulate all the winners and all the drivers who made it to their mains. I also want to thank Skinner and Doug for putting on the best race I have ever been to. It was also a lot of fun to help out some of the drivers in the bigger classes. It was also good to see people come from long distances like Gugu, Antti & Jari, Greg, Larry Blanton and Forrest. This was no doubt the best slotcar race ever put together in my mind.

J.Sohl

Re: Barnburner

Originally posted by J.Sohl
    ... This was no doubt the best slotcar race ever put together in my mind.
    What!?
    You mean this was all just in your head?
    I thought the Barn Burner was real event.
    That's some imagination you have...

Lightbulb Oops.

I almost forgot, thanks to Ed "Edsel" Sohl and his son Jonathan for their help in the Open race.

It was great to have the help of such a seasoned vet in the pits and the kid can cut tires I'll tell you that.

P.S. LOL @ Jawn!
    Last edited by weedracer; 02-25-2003 at 02:04 PM.

Thumbs up Thanks Team Am. GP12

I would like to appreciate all the help that I got from my pit crew that helped me to take the firs place in Am. GP12. After no sleep for more then 24 hours, had to race C12 that ended at 6 AM, team work was crucial for the final result.

Gugu - There is no one like him in the Pits period.
    Frank I- Excelent mental support
    Lorin - Excelent mental support. Ended up racing against him in the main, excelent job man!
    Brad ET - The glue man!

It was really fun racing with all of you guys!
    Thanks!

Ricardo.

Farmingville, Long Island, New York/Alfred, New York

Barnburner

Thank you Charlie my dad and I enjoyed helping you out during the open race. I also want to say I had a great time running with the guys from Florida. Ricardo and Lorin it was a pleasure racing with you and I look forward to seeing you at the Nats.

J.Sohl

Thumbs up Good Job Ricardo

Cayo71

Great run! You drove one heck of a race. Both you and Lorin did great and have earned the good recognition.

Inkkey

Smile What an experience

What a great race.

First, I would like to thank Doug for putting on a great race.
    All of the races were extremely competitive and everyone
    was helping each other out. This is what it is all about. Congratulations to all of the winners and everyone who
    who had an opportunity to race this past week. I would
    also like to thank Erkle, Doug, Charlie, Skinner and Hurricane
    for helping myself and Jonathan put together a great boxstock
    program over the past 10 months. Also, great race directing
    by Dreama and Doug. Special congrats to Henry for finishing
    2nd in Am. Box (Great Driving). Also special congrats to Lucky
    who has had a rough couple on months and finished 5th in the
    Am. Box main (ripped a 62 on orange). Great driving. Most of all,
    I would like to thank my son Jonathan. If it weren't for him,
    I probably would not have come back to the slots. I am really proud of him for driving his heart out to finish 4th in his first
    Am. Box Barnburner. Oh yeh, special thanks to Derek and Joe
    S for helping us. Derek is on a real tight budget and yet he offered
    Jonathan his race motors for the main. Last but not least, thanks to all of the sponsors. The payout and prizes was fantastic.
    Hope all who traveled from afar got home safe.
    Now, on to the next race.

Edsel

Eurosport

I almost forgot. I want to thank Lou Piro for ripping my thumb
    open during the Eurosport race. Just kidding Lou. See you in a
    couple of weeks. I will be wearing gloves that day.

Edsel

Thanks Waller, Trevor and Zack!!

I would also like to thanks GUGU, as Ricardo said , he is the man in the pits, hands down. Ricardo, Lorin, and Frank for cleaning braid, and straights. Mike Navetta and last but not least Nick Cerda for running the car, and all the other people that helped me in the Pro Box race!!

Thanks aswell to GTO, Kelly, GT1, Motor Dynamics, and Port Jeff.

Doug and Skinner, a great one as usual!!

PS. Hey Bill, "make sure somebody curves your hat, so you don't look like a dork"
    Last edited by ET37; 02-25-2003 at 08:53 PM.

Thanxs To all..

I want to thank Brian and Dennis in the 15 main for helpin me out..You guys did a great job and if it werent for the leadwire to come off it would of been close...I would also like to thank Doug, Skinner and Erkle For puttin on a great show as alway..Also i wanna than Chef and Zach & espiciall Kenny for helpin me out in pro box and makin me get to the main...and whover i forgot..

Also i thank Prime Racing And The Port Jeff Crew for helpin me...Thanks To bokifus for gluin and doug buildin fast motors and erkle buildin a great car...Thanx

Joe SSS

The Barnburner was a hell of an event. Credit goes to all that put effort into the event. Although Erkle didnot have the same steller performance that he did in the NE Nats (I think that the new born has a little to do with it), but still showed lots of fight.

Johnathan Sohl, I have been told time and time again you are a version of your father, you will be a champion in no time. All you need is patience. It took me two years to win my first big event and it will not be my last. You are an excellent driver, all you need is time and a chance to improve. I really would have enjoyed racing you in the main but luck ran out for me as I have not missed a main since the 2000 NE Nats. That was 2 1/2 years ago. There will be a next time for us and we will run together.

Johnny "C", Congrats kid on your final barnburner kids group 10 win. Both of us didn't make it. I know you wanted to run with me badly. I always have fun racing with you and BSing with your dad. You guys are great people.

George JR. Dont worry about the motor I lent you. I will replace it and it will be faster than ever. You will make a main but for now just start making improvements.

Edsel. Man you are a great racer, competitor, friend. You kept a smile on my face the whole weekend. Helping you this weekend was a no brainer, I wanted to see your son a thte top and he stayed my top pick the whole race. He is going to be a great racer like you someday.

Ricardo. Great win man. You deserve it. You kept the Barnburner winning streak to two in a row as last year i took TQ and win and you did too. Nats is going to be hard this year with competition like you.

Last but not least the "Bent one". Thanks for the help this weekend. Exept for the few, no one was attempting to help me this weekend. You let me put a big amount on tab to make this race and you never took any other answer but yes. Sorry I couldn't make it today to work but with the buzz all around here about PM rain and possibly it freezing over, I couldn't risk it. I will pay you back. I dont know how but I will. Tomarrow I will not be able to make it either. My mom is sick and my dad has to work so I will have to be staying close to home to tend to her. I will try to come on friday, If there is anything you want me to do. Do a party, clean the raceway, run a race, paint bodies, build or repair cars, let me know. My services are indeded(sp?) to you.

I am back, I will rebuild and try some new stuff.
    DDDDDDerek
    USRA Div. 1 Assistant Tech Director
    You know that fat kid who lost weight

The World Famous Port Jefferson Raceway

Honey Badger Does'nt Give A Sh*t, It Does What It Wants!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talking Thanks to all

Thank you Port Jeff Crew for the great job running the 13th annual Barnburner.As always I had loads of fun no matter what the results were for me.
    Special thanks to all the sponsers for adding on the incentives for each race.
    Most of all I'd like to thank Kenny Picola for all his help in the pits and in the mind.
    Joe as always thanks for all your help.
    Doug don't forget to check my tags.

We'll be back faster and better for the NATS.

CHEF AND ZACH

Thumbs up General Regards

Previously posted: DDDDDDDerek

"Ricardo. Great win man. You deserve it. You kept the Barnburner winning streak to two in a row as last year i took TQ and win and you did too. Nats is going to be hard this year with competition like you."

It would have been realy fun having you in the main Derek. I hope we can share it at the Nats. Thanks for the congrats.
    Take care man, you are a hell of a racer.

Previously posted: Inkey

"Great run! You drove one heck of a race. Both you and Lorin did great and have earned the good recognition. "

Thanks man but it realy was a team work. I just hope that we all can be in a main in the next event. Thanks again for the help and support.

Previously posted: ET

"Ricardo, Lorin, and Frank for cleaning braid, and straights. and last but not least Nick Cerda for running the car, and all the other people that helped me in the Pro Box race!!"

It was my pleasure man......Anytime!

Jonathan and Ed:

It was a pleasure racing and hanging out with you guys......I feel like I have two new friends up in NY. You guys take care.

Thanks to the PortJeff crew for giving us the opportunity to participate in an great event like this.

Ricardo.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast