Thread: Good rubber??????

Good rubber??????

just bought a batch of pirahna rubber and it was not good,very soft and porous like wonder rubber.wheres the good stuff man?daves not here man!

Quote Originally Posted by fester View Post
    just bought a batch of pirahna rubber and it was not good,very soft and porous like wonder rubber.wheres the good stuff man?daves not here man!
    What are you looking for?How hard ?And what class do you race.I have alot of rubber in a bunch of hardness.You just tell me what you want and what kind.And what hub do you like. Thanks
    Tracy Brown, Owner of:
    Go Fast Products - Slot Cars-R-Us "The Track"
    Visit Go Fast HERE!
    Visit our NEW Slot Cars-R-Us "The Track"!

Hey Greg! Give me a yell at mustbegus@yahoocom Gus in Sacto

There been some clamoring for decent Fish rubber lately as the "one" manufacturer that supplies almost every rim and tire assembler in the US has mixed a batch that was not up to par for 50% of the racers. At least for the scale side. It can be made to work but involves some tuning and small changes as it not as sticky, and you need different tyre change habbits as is seems to wear quicker by the word of mouth lately. It not just the Pirrana it all manufacturers brands that use this batch of rubber.

The pores are larger in this batch and much rubber appears softer that the usual blend.

Some have temporarily switched to the Brazilian such as TWP type UFRA rubber until this batch is replaced or runs out (which may be for a while).

Tracy if you are manufacturing Fish rubber donuts that would be great relief for the scale industry.

Unfortunatly for those that runs scale Euros the SBR type rubber is not usable except for maybe Retro or wing car because of the concistancy. On the faster 1/24th and 1/32 Euro and 12 that requires a Fish rubber similar to the Pirrana or Wonder type rubber as mentioned above.

Raymond
    Last edited by Slapshot; 01-29-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
    There been some clamoring for decent Fish rubber lately as the "one" manufacturer that supplies almost every rim and tire assembler in the US has mixed a batch that was not up to par for 50% of the racers. At least for the scale side. It can be made to work but involves some tuning and small changes as it not as sticky, and you need different tyre change habbits as is seems to wear quicker by the word of mouth lately. It not just the Pirrana it all manufacturers brands that use this batch of rubber.

The pores are larger in this batch and much rubber appears softer that the usual blend.

Some have temporarily switched to the Brazilian such as TWP type UFRA rubber until this batch is replaced or runs out (which may be for a while).

Tracy if you are manufacturing Fish rubber donuts that would be great relief for the scale industry. Unfortunatly for those that runs scale Euros the SBR type rubber is not usable except for maybe Retro or wing car because of the concistancy. On the faster 1/24th and 1/32 Euro and 12 that requires a Fish rubber similar to the Pirrana or Wonder type rubber as mentioned above.

Raymond
    I don't know were you came up with SBR. I never said anything about that rubber.
    Tracy Brown, Owner of:
    Visit Go Fast HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GoFast View Post
    I have alot of rubber in a bunch of hardness.
    I think if you had specifically added the words Fish rubber or UFRA rubber to the sentace it would have made it simpler as I can't read minds only words.
    Sorry if you took offence personally.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
    I think if you had specifically added the words Fish rubber or UFRA rubber to the sentace it would have made it simpler as I can't read minds only words.
    Sorry if you took offence personally.

Raymond
    Ok, I have Space Rubber (is kind of like Fish) and Space Wonder in alot of hardness all the way from Retro to scale cars to open cars
    Tracy Brown, Owner of:
    Visit Go Fast HERE!

I've received emails from both Paul at Alpha and David at Proformance within the last week saying they've received a new shipment of rubber. They both seemed happier about what they were seeing, only time will tell.
    Jay Herrod

I guess that's good news. I bought 2 pair of treated tires last week and they were definitely not up to the usual standard of the manufacture.
    Luckily someone had a tire hardness gauge and I was able to match them up. I ended up paying the higher price for treated tires but only one pair was close to being worth the money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My other car is a Manta Ray

Makes me happy I have a small stash from 2 years ago in the fridge.
    Tachyon - A gluon that isn't quite dry.