Thread: Cheetah 7 chassis

Cheetah 7 chassis

we have an lmp class at our local track,the rules are stamped chassis,cheetah 7 ,turboflex,mosseti for our flat track.i have chosen the cheetah 7 chassis with reverse pans as i feel they handle better than the turboflex,i have looked in the archives and cant find my ????'s i want to experiment with the bite bar size,do i run a front bite bar also? there is a slot in the front for one. im trying to reduce the up and down slop,as it is excessive.the car handles very well as is but....just sayin!

I would put plastic body amore under the bite bar at the wings. That would reduce the up and down slop and put the wings at a lower height.
    I don't know about the 4 locations of the bite bar.
    Anybody!!!

are you talking about the steel rod that holds the pans in/on the chassis center?

I use stainless tubing it is larger than the JK supplied rod and lighter my pans hardly moved if anything strapping tape could be placed under the ends of the rod to tighten it up more

One bite bar only in that chassis. Play with diameters and tire compound/width to get it loose. Do not worry about the up and down at all.
    Dennis

If you run the chassis with the pans reversed........the holes in the center section normally used for the lead wire can be used for an additional bite bar
    Resident Curmudgeon
    "Manta" Ray Price

With this set up. It all depends on track condtion and driving style. With the pans reversed try and work with .047- .055- and .062 wire and see what works better.I have found that works for me is .055 wire in rear and .047 in the front and handles real well for my driving style. It is one of those adjustments that have many variables..! Try all variables and see what works for you...
    "MAY THE FORCE BE IN THE FINGER"
    "Theres no banks in heaven,spend it all on slotcars"
    "WINGS ARE FOR FAIRIES- GTP RACING RULES"

Champion is MUCH better suited for flat track use then the C7.