Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Lighting in Rocklin

Where is the lap counter on it? I know at BP it is rt after the 1st bridge.
    James Grinstead

TEAM KOFORD

Why so serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingram View Post
    I think you are right Paul, the track would be fun either direction. What is nice about the design is that you do have to drive it but it can be very fast. I actually PM'd Chris Dadds yesterday commenting on how I thought the layout could translate into a very nice flat track.

The "Teal" is a sister to the former Chico track, just a little shorter and a mirror image. There is some confusion as to the length. I have heard 120' but it is smaller than BPR which is listed at 110'. I believe FX George though it was about 90'. As far as more info, Todd Radke would know more as would Dwight at Fast Track Hobbies, but I don't think either gets on here much any more.

The other tracks they have is 1/4 mile drag (I believe they are still setting it up) and a custom layout called the "Grass Valley" that currently has carpet on it and being used for 1/24 RC racing.

Jaybird and Fester are regulars there and might be able to get you more info.
    I had visited this raceway at its first Citrus Heights location a long time ago, and my recollection from back then (recollected from the dying brain cells) was that the teal flat track was simply a mirror image of the Pleasant Hill/Hesperia/Chico/Buena Park flat track. When I returned to the teal track last fall for the NORCAL race, I was reminded how unreliable my memory is. Yes, it is the same basic design in mirror image, but the straight chutes are all out of wack between the two tracks.

On BP's track, you go down the main chute, make a left turn and hit the kink which puts cars in the "tunnel of despair", and then there is a good length short chute past the lap counter to the finger. The Rocklin track does not have a long finger like BP's track. Through the deadman, kink, and also a "tunnel of despair" but as soon as you exit the tunnel, you are making the finger turn and takes you up to the donut. BP's track with the finger lopped off.

The donuts on the two tracks drive very similar, and you have the same bridge leading to what I remember as about a 60* turn. On BP's track, this leads to a fairly short chute where zillions of track calls take place. In contrast, that same chute is quite a bit longer on the Rocklin track which of course adds to the length of the main chute. The length of the two tracks may be pretty much the same. They were both built by Hasse Nilsson in the early 90s during Boom II.

Not too shabby recollections, for dying brain cells!

(must be the Peets coffee)
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Here's a head-to-head comparison... just to help jar dying brain cells...

Fast Track Hobbies (Rocklin) mini MTT track:

Buena Park (Pleasant Hill/Hesperia/Chico/Buena Park) mini MTT track:

Check out even more tracks in the track pics gallery & commercial raceway gallery @ OWH Slot Car Gallery:
    http://www.oldweirdherald.com/gallery
    (shameless plug)
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

you guys moved juan!too funny!he,s turn marshallin

See you all there tomorrow gonna be a great times !!!!
    2011/2012 Nascar SCRA Champion
    2011/2012 SCRA Champion
    Sandbag Motorsports......always keep them guessing!!!
    https://m.facebook.com/Sandbagmotorsports?ref=bookmark
    ProSlot LTD
    Third Eye Technology

Turnout today (Saturday Feb 4) very good, 110 entries. It's after 3:00 and the second race (trucks) still going. Looks like first flat track race (LMP) by 4:00 or so. The lighting here is even better than the pictures. No Ottlight needed! Thanks Dwight and the landlord.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12