Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retro time!

Thumbs up Retro time!

Well? who's ready for RETRO RACING this Saturday ? looks like CAN-AM on the HILLCLIMBER & F-1 on the TWISTER ! .. COME ON OUT ! this is economically fun racing ! & should be the beginning of a NEW growing class in the pacific northwest !!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great looking pr. of bodies!

Good luck with race #2.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

Seattle, Wa, Home of the Speed Crazed Morons

Thumbs up

I have to work and won't be able to show up until around 3PM....

Dang snow days and exports....

No F1 for me, but I will have a spare Can-Am or two....

Leonard's Honker is "da Bomb"!

We will need to make sure everybody understands about the interior rules and exposed chassis.......
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

Good luck in the PNW on your retro program. Will be looking to see what Tom has built................
    Why make it tougher than it really is?
    e-mail: scrgeo@comcast.net

No spare F1's for me this time (I sold them all). But I will likely still have an extra Can-Am. I haven't had time to do any tuning on them yet. Maybe I can do some before the race!
    Gary Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by GearBear View Post
    No spare F1's for me this time (I sold them all). But I will likely still have an extra Can-Am. I haven't had time to do any tuning on them yet. Maybe I can do some before the race!
    Tuning the car? I have yet to get a lap in with mine and I hope Wonder Rubber (extra hard) works cuz thats all I got. Not expecting a whole lot of "luck" on my first race.
    ~DC dynamo~

Thumbs up

Gary- lead is your friend, don't be afraid to add copious amounts to a retro car, unlike a euro car. Also play with pan travel/softness.

Rick, all sorts of stuff in the pipeline....... using all sorts of different stuff....... and a kool collaboration with a Mr. Warmack that will be used at the Zimmerman D3 race in March
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

I wil be racing my f-i that i purchased from Gary. Craig did a great job on the build. It was raced twice in our first race, which was on the Chief, and the only damage it suffered was to the body. Tom built my can am. its the one painted in stars and stripes. Tom, i ran it on the hillclimb thurs. and it performed great, thanks for the great workmanship. I like the way the rear slides out, remindes me of my dirt bike racing days, drifting around corners, somtimes in control and other times out of control. I weighed the can am, 112 grams. Trying to go faster, Leonard Strand

Well, Len, after your nice 1/24th Eurosport win last weekend, you'll be the one everybody will be on the look out for. Slightly "Loose" makes for a bit easier car to drive. That weight is fine, down around 105ish I have found that they are a touch harder to drive there.
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

Pacific Raceway held their 2nd Retro race on Saturday and there were (11) fast and well prepped Can-Am cars signed up for the short Hill Climber track and raced in Round Robin format. Notables such as Lee Gilbert showed up to race. It looks like this class might be a go?!
    ~DC dynamo~

I was pleasantly surprised to see the number of people there to race on Saturday. The racing was excellent! We had 8 F1's so we broke it into 2 mains to have enough people for turn marshalls. I ended up in the first heat. Craig and I were pretty close the whole race and I barely managed to win at the due to Craig having some issues after a wreck tightened up his rear axle. I drove really poorly the last 2 heats coming off multiple times in the Keyhole. Had I not done so, I might have been a lot closer to Jim who was in the other heat. He drove an awesome race to a well deserved win!

In Can-Am, I chose to run the chassis Tom built for me and let Lee run my chassis with the TI-22 on it. The first 3 heats my car was very loose and a real handful to drive. Then when I got to Green the car settled down and I was finally able to punch the donut and the car was then a dream to drive. I was now able to push hard and the rest of the race I was finally able to reel off some good laps getting the 3rd fastest lap time of the race. I was VERY happy to be on the podium as I did so poorly the first couple of heats making several mistakes.

It was very interesting to see all the different designs used and to note that most cars were actually very even on the track.
    Gary Johnson

Glad to see you guys enjoying retro racing up north, we seem to like it down here in So-Cal. Tom; you and Warmack got a collaboration for the "Zimmerman"!? Hmmm! It'll be good to see again Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by GearBear View Post

It was very interesting to see all the different designs used and to note that most cars were actually very even on the track.
    The little short track Hillclimber is kind of an equalizer of cars. On the larger tracks at Pacific I think you will see a separation of the field and more passing/lapping. Looking forward to Retros on the Chief.
    ~DC dynamo~

I have to agree !

Unless you spent most of your time on the last 2 bands of the controller ? you don't have enough room to get going on that track ! surprisingly simple layout Yet? you gotta get a couple of races on it before ya get it ? next race will be on the chief !! that means turn your iron on & leave it on for the day !! I wish we could just commit ALL ! retro racing to the twister !! sooo !! WHERES THAT RACE REPORT ??

Quote Originally Posted by flyracing View Post
    (Snip) next race will be on the chief !! that means turn your iron on & leave it on for the day !! I wish we could just commit ALL ! retro racing to the twister !! sooo !! (Snip)
    All slot cars can be driven through ANY corner on ANY track ....... just at different speeds and it's up to the drivers to figure out how fast or slow to stay in the slot. A dirty race with lots of carnage means several racers are trying too hard.
    ~DC dynamo~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast