Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retro time!

Our second of many retro races was held on Saturday February 4th 2012. It was excellent racing with almost all cars within 1/100th of each other. We had 8 entries in Formula 1 and 11 entries in Can-Am. Full results are on our retro results page. We invite you to join us for more exciting retro racing action on March 3rd where we will race Can-Am on the Chief and F1 on the Hillclimb.
    Jim Radford
    Pacific Slot Car Raceways
    http://www.shoppscr.com
    Visit us on Facebook
    (253) 446-5039
    Host site of the 2014 & 2016 DIV II USRA Nationals

?????????

thanx jim !
    Last edited by flyracing; 02-10-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Seattle, Wa, Home of the Speed Crazed Morons
    Looks like that 20 laps I lost on Yellow to Craig while I dealt with the errant tyre and spacer would have definitely tightened up the finishing order IF.........

Well, at least the other 4 cars I prepped ran flawlessly.

Next Time.....
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

Thats gonna be the fun of this class ! all the cars are so close that the guys that make the podium will have suffered the least amount of DRAMA .... more than a few times I watched my car emerge from a pile of carnage & wondered how the hell did i get through that MAKES IT MORE FUN ! sometimes its your day ? sometimes its not !! next race will be SURVIVAL ! gonna be some broken cars on the Chief ! HEY JIM ! where there some podium shots ? & how come it sez 11 racers ? but only 10 names ???

QUOTE=S.O. Watt .......... Looks like that 20 laps I lost on Yellow

I too WISH I had gotten 20 more laps ...... and not had my gear walk away from the pinion and the motor mysteriously lose all brakes on blue causing early retirement. Most problems were of my own doing or lack of total prep. Woulda coulda shoulda ....... losers lament.

Which builder put together the 2nd place car ....... Joe's?
    Last edited by ~DC dynamo~; 02-11-2012 at 07:33 PM. Reason: wrong quote
    ~DC dynamo~

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ~DC dynamo~ View Post
    Which builder put together the 2nd place car ....... Joe's?
    I did, plus Leonard's, Dan's and Tim's. Joe did mount his own body though and apparently, did a dang fine job of it. I drove all of those cars before the race and felt any one of the cars capable of being a winner, depending how the dice landed. I see us having a lot of fun with these cars once we get used to them and the tracks. Heck, every race is a new track with no history of these type cars, all the tracks were built much later

Dan did pretty good for a drag racer in only his 2nd race with these cars. Leonard learned a bit about bodies, Tim's car got a bent guide tongue, Joe did well and almost caught Craig. And the wheels fell off my racer and I lost a nice lead.

Great 1st race on the Hill Climber.

Now that the immediate car needs are sort of caught up on, the pump is primed so to speak.... I can start working on some angle winder cars
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

Thanks jim

For posting the RETRO pics ! & THANX GARY for the rabbit ears !! check for more pics at pacific facebook page !!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can-Am and Retro Angle winders

Quote Originally Posted by S.O. Watt View Post
    I did, plus Leonard's, Dan's and Tim's. Joe did mount his own body though and apparently, did a dang fine job of it. I drove all of those cars before the race and felt any one of the cars capable of being a winner, depending how the dice landed.

(snip)

Now that the immediate car needs are sort of caught up on, the pump is primed so to speak.... I can start working on some angle winder cars
    Soo, did the out of state loaner cars get sent back and now most Can-Am cars in the field are Warmack kit cars? ....... at least according to the tech pictures. Glad someone stepped up to make these available and create a fleet of race cars for the non-builders.

Haven't looked at the rules for retro angle winder cars but it seems they would be easier to build and should be easier to drive than the inlines. Any interest in this class in the near future? Craig and I might already have a car to run from the old Vintage class.
    ~DC dynamo~

Quote Originally Posted by ~DC dynamo~ View Post
    Soo, did the out of state loaner cars get sent back and now most Can-Am cars in the field are Warmack kit cars? ....... at least according to the tech pictures. Glad someone stepped up to make these available and create a fleet of race cars for the non-.
    All of the cars that were on loan by Dennis Samson were returned. Most of the field of can-am cars were built by Tom Hansen using a JK nose with a Chicagoland rear end kit. The f1 field was mostly built by Craig. Many are starting to build their own cars. Ken cavish built his and his sons cars. Lee Gilbert built a car as well. Others are in the process too.
    Jim Radford
    Pacific Slot Car Raceways
    http://www.shoppscr.com
    Visit us on Facebook
    (253) 446-5039
    Host site of the 2014 & 2016 DIV II USRA Nationals

The Retro Angle winder rules are here-

http://slotblog.net/topic/27673-2011...lewinder-rules

and SCRRA/D3 rules-Go to the Retro Pro rule set.

http://socald3.com/

These are the rules accepted by most areas that run the angle winders with X12 arms and what I have been building to for the out of town races I am running in this year. These are my recommendations for a rule set.

There is also the IRRA angle winder rules which use the 4002 and Falcon type motors but a more limited chassis
    http://slotblog.net/topic/32279-2011-irra-rulebook/
    Last edited by S.O. Watt; 03-15-2012 at 03:35 PM.
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

Those type cars definitely look early 70's and should be several tenth faster due to angle winder and NO motor bracket to pack around. Now if I can just remember how I used to build those type cars??!

No restrictions on pan hinging ...... or single hinge only? I didn't catch all the details.
    ~DC dynamo~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12