Thread: New add banner in iOS is a pain!!!!

New add banner in iOS is a pain!!!!

Mom, the new Google pop-up add in iOS is a pain. It changes the screen size (it sits over to the right and down sizes the OWH. Plus it "kicks in" at inconsistent times, making navigation haphazard (it's too easy to pick off names or the wrong thread).

I know the site is not cheap to run, but this ad is just annoying!!! Any way to tame it?
    Phil Matthews

DOH!

I set up and added the Google mobile ad code a few days ago, and I do not have a smart phone to test it. I was going to post something here for feedback from smart phone users... but all my traffic & ad reports showed ZERO ad views or clicks... so I figured I did something wrong and/or it didn't work.

Then I lost my internet connection for 2 days as a result of the big earthquake (and about 14 more slightly smaller quakes) in Cebu Philippines, where my ISP service comes from.

The mobile ads don't even show up on my PC... so I'm better off to just shut them off until I can view & test them and hopefully find a less annoying format next try.

Please post again to let me know when they stop... I'll de-activate the ad block first, and if that doesn't work, I'll de-activate the mobile ads.

Also - can you let me know if you are seeing any ads from Chitika??? I am seeing some mobile views from Chitika ads, but I think they only show up for USA users.

Thanks for letting me know!

PK @ OWH
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

The new annoying Google banner is gone

The other one that appears at the bottom and floats is still there. It is not too troublesome if it is getting you a few bucks.

Tested on an iPhone 3GS and iPad, both running the latest iOS 5.0.1.
    Phil Matthews

I discovered it is very easy to turn the Google mobile ads on & off.

The floating banner at the bottom... can you tell if that is from Chitika? (maybe have to hover or click to see)

If the bottom ad is not too annoying, and makes a few bucks per month... maybe not so bad...

There are several different set-up options for the Google ads, for where they appear, and who sees them, etc... but until I have a way to view, test, & monitor them... better to keep it turned off if the ads are messing up viewing the forum on smart phones.

I appreciate you taking the time to let me know!

PK
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

PK,

The banner add at the bottom of the page is no big deal and easy to make go away so if it's making you a few bucks I'd say leave it up. I tried to see if it was Chitika but didn't find anything that said one way or the other.
    The Race Place raceplaceinfo.com
    Bowskateer founding member #3
    Get a 3rd EYE Fetroller 2.1
    Balanced by Bill