Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: R.I.P. Monty Ohren

I am very sorry that Monty has been taken from us. He was a genius. A genius in every sense of the word.

I met Monty through my good friend Chris Radisich, and I was lucky enough to share a couple of their trips to the races in California. Thank you, Chris, for saying all those good things about Monty. They are good things and true.

Let me say it again: the man was a genius. I am a better person for having met him. We all are.
    Acme Slot Cars - Vorsprung durch slotnik

acmeslotcars.com

Josh, Chris and Roy,

Good posts. I'll see you at the Nats in yellow & blue.

Greg G.
    How Sweet It Is!!!!!

oh my....this is as shock..what a good person and a vast book of knowledge....rip monty...my sinsere condolences to the family.....!
    chuck

Monty was a good friend and mentor of mine for the past 10 years or so. He was an awesome guy who just loved the sport of slot cars and would promote it any way he could. I can attribute a lot of my success in the sport to Monty for all his willingness to share knowledge as well as many others including Greg Gilbert, Tim Hould, Alan Ohren, Chris Radisich and many others. I knew that if i had a question i didn't know the answer to i could call up Monty and he would almost always have the answer. i will always miss Monty and Bonnie, as well as the conversations that i had with Monty about all sorts of things. He gave everything he had to this hobby and will be remembered as one of the Greats!

R.I.P. my friend. You will be missed and remembered by all!
    Casey Scott

Team Camen - PK Armatures

www.theisrausa.com

So sad to hear of Monte's passing, RIP....from the gang at Shafer's Speedway Slotcars in Nebraska.

Shafer

Heart breaking news. Slot racing has lost yet another legend. God's speed Monty.

RIP Monty..
    Victory Shall Be Mine......Stewie Griffin

The news of Monty's passing reached me as I lay in a hospital bed awaiting lung surgery. It was pretty rough news to get under the circumstances or for that matter at anytime. The sadness we all feel is profound! I only wish I was able to send more time with you. Both your kindness and countless contributions will be remembered always. Rest well my friend...I miss you...
    The Race Place raceplaceinfo.com
    Bowskateer founding member #3
    Get a 3rd EYE Fetroller 2.1
    Balanced by Bill

Very sad too hear this... R.i.p.
    THE PEOPLES CHAMP !!
    THE RACE PLACE ...
    DENNY'S HOT SLOTZ...
    LEE'S SPEED SHOP...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    EASTCOAST
    SCALE POSSE !!

Man, another legend gone...... Drag racing wasn't Monty's passion, but he still helped me out when I first started with gearing advice and general motor building techniques..... Now he is with his dear Bonnie and I am sure they are laughing and enjoying each others company once again... R.I.P. Monty.....

Very sad news to hear.Monty was always kind to me.RIP my friend

I first met Monty at his old Crash and Burn Raceway in Canoga Park in 1973. I know that I still have the old chassis that I purchased from Monty. I am sorry to hear that he passed away. I will miss speaking to Monty and miss his presence at the track.

John K. Wakamatsu

I wish I knew more about Monty, it sounds like we have lost a true giant of a person. RIP Monty.

P.
    "Going Postal" is a positive term. It means providing fast, friendly service to every customer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234