Thread: Selling stuff in classifieds

Selling stuff in classifieds

Okay I am new to this site, and as I was looking through the classified section I saw problems you have had with scammers. On another site I am a member of where we buy and sell cars and parts we are REQUIRED to post a pic of item and in that pic has to be a calling card with our screen name/email etc. No pic no calling card no one buys from you,I understand that is only half the battle of not getting scammed but its a start. Like I said I am new here and if I were to try to sell here I could give you multiple sites I have buyer and seller ratings on and let you contact me through those sites also to prove that those IDs were mine. Just a suggestion, thanks
    Last edited by cablackone; 02-24-2012 at 05:57 PM.

So put up some pictures and descriptions of what you want to sell.
    Where do you race?
    Maybe some of the guys you race with will give you a good reference.
    There`s room here for honest sellers.
    As long as you`re not Ken O. LOL

Just curious about Ken-O. I have ordered many times from him and never had any issues...?
    Mini Racing Team Uden
    http://www.mrtu.nl/

ooh here we go. Now you did it. You said the k word.

Quote Originally Posted by robinboer View Post
    Just curious about Ken-O. I have ordered many times from him and never had any issues...?
    You must have missed the thread about this a while back... the topic was beaten to death once again (and it has come up often), so no need to start it up again here, since it has been covered here:

Mysterious Raceway? Where the hell is it?

I realize that these issues do not effect overseas racers so much as here, especially when many tracks in Europe are club based and do not depend on profits to pay the rent. But "mysterious raceways" who are allowed to buy at wholesale and sell online, while not having an actual commercial raceway, is generally a hot topic in the USA. Most commercial raceways struggle to cover the expenses to keep the doors open, and all too often they close, leaving racers with boxes full of slot cars and equipment, and no track to race them on.

Anyway - since you asked - click the link above and you'll get a history lesson on why this is a hot topic. I've already added more then I intended, just to give you a brief idea and to answer your question.

I did not intend to reopen the discussion in this thread, however... so if anyone feels the need to chime in with their 2 cents worth here - you are way too late. Read the old thread linked above - I'm sure it covers anything anyone could come up with.

PK @ OWH
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry Paul!

Quote Originally Posted by cablackone View Post
    Okay I am new to this site, and as I was looking through the classified section I saw problems you have had with scammers. On another site I am a member of where we buy and sell cars and parts we are REQUIRED to post a pic of item and in that pic has to be a calling card with our screen name/email etc. No pic no calling card no one buys from you,I understand that is only half the battle of not getting scammed but its a start. Like I said I am new here and if I were to try to sell here I could give you multiple sites I have buyer and seller ratings on and let you contact me through those sites also to prove that those IDs were mine. Just a suggestion, thanks
    I like the suggestion of putting your screen ID in the photo. This shows a certain level of authenticity and is used over on the evil empire.

P.S. stop mentioning the Baster dude! You're just advertising for him... (talk good about me, talk bad about me, it doesn't matter as long as you're talking about me).
    Phil Matthews