Thread: 518 arms?

518 arms?

i have a **** load of .518 16d arms,should i toss them?are they extinct? all my set-ups are .560 .w.t.f.

Depends on what you might want to do with them. Do you know the timing on them ? You could build a couple of setups for them but if they are less than 42-45* timing they won't be competitive. Are you thinking NorCal or are they (built 16D) allowed in your new GT lites class ?
    Alan Ingram

Quote Originally Posted by fester View Post
    i have a **** load of .518 16d arms,should i toss them?are they extinct? all my set-ups are .560 .w.t.f.
    Typically a small arm 16D arm is .513
    Ive seen .518, small arms have their place. I prefer big arms, but I remember at scale nats last year a couple small arms being run and were very fast. I'd say if they are modernly wound (very neat) they should still be pretty good
    "Dub" Wade
    Nampa, ID
    208-392-0639
    dustynwade@ymail.com
    Dub Motors, Dub Rides, Dub Winged bodies, PMP Chassis, Paint by Odie, Bone Bodies.
    Of course Balance by Beuf
    3rd Eye Controllers

If for C-can, and 45 deg, then keep them. If C-can and less than 40 deg, then sell them. I don't know about 16D.

Greg

we dont run unsealed motors in our lites class,i cant find a can setup less than .560 not to sure about shims.a .513 arm in a .560 can is way too much air gap.most are 45 degree
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingram View Post
    Depends on what you might want to do with them. Do you know the timing on them ? You could build a couple of setups for them but if they are less than 42-45* timing they won't be competitive. Are you thinking NorCal or are they (built 16D) allowed in your new GT lites class ?