Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The next retro fun !

The next retro fun !

Word is F-1 on the twister & CAN-AM on the hillclimber !! SOOOOOOO be there on the 7nth !!

Seattle, Wa, Home of the Speed Crazed Morons
    Kewl, sounds like a plan.

oh, btw- your beautiful retro pro body you painted for me won concours at the Zimmerman Festival of Speed. Many comments on the colours and tasteful use of the Chrome. Thanks!
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

Suuuweeeet!

Like to see some pics after you detailed & mounted it .... just too cool! good luck w/the rest of your racing ... sounds like your having FUN

Zim Memorial race

Looks like a great Retro turnout last weekend in L.A. The F1 pics show very few cars with rear axle tubes ......... and running the crown gear on the other side of the pinion ........ plus using .790 rears. I guess those are some of the SCRRA differences from IRRA.

Way to go Tom ..... sneaking on the Retro Pro podium behind the hot-shots who don't even look 30 years old.

So what is the story with the TSR Falcon 7 motors? Latest batch runs better the other way?? Or have we been running backwards up here?
    ~DC dynamo~

Add 2 new F1 cars for Saturday's Retro race #4

Craig and I built some new sleds ......... I mean F1 race cars for Saturday.

This being my 1st attempt to build an F1 ..... and with no interest to utilize known and accepted car build designs, this one will fall squarely into the category of HIGHLY experimental. A load in the making? Might find out on Thursday ...... if ready to roll then.
    ~DC dynamo~

Quote Originally Posted by ~DC dynamo~ View Post

So what is the story with the TSR Falcon 7 motors? Latest batch runs better the other way?? Or have we been running backwards up here?
    The Falcons run the opposite direction from the TSRFs due to the timing. But the latest batch, with the white sticker, has the stickers stuck on backwards.

The D3 cars ran at BPR have no weight minimums., and all the F1s run .812 min tyres.
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

Retro race #4

Quote Originally Posted by S.O. Watt View Post
    The Falcons run the opposite direction from the TSRFs due to the timing. But the latest batch, with the white sticker, has the stickers stuck on backwards.
    So to solve the motor orientation problem I flipped the motor a half turn and pullled the tag and flip-flopped it.

Pacific Retro 4 was a blast. My new F1 took 2nd and posted up fastest lap time ....... so not the experiment gone horribly wrong I was fearing. The F1 cars are actually fun to drive ..... instead of the pita to drive I thought they were. And racing 2 classes helps to mitigate the 100 mile round trip to the track.
    ~DC dynamo~

only 1 word bout yesterdays can-am race ?

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!

Hey .......... you got on the podium at least once. Lots of racers didn't. The competition bar at Pacific is going up ......... good.
    ~DC dynamo~

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by flyracing View Post
    AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!
    New car design blues?

been there, a few times

And it took awhile to get the car I ran sorted out before I raced it.

My surprise of the day was Dale buying the RTR out if the counter just moments before signups, then racing it and dang near walking away with the race!

Great fun and another race where 1st and 2nd were on the same lap. I think half of them have been that close.
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

Was great racing as always. Due to the late start in retro and the drag racers showing up for their 5pm time slot I had to sit this race out to keep the program moving. The F1 Car Dale won with was my car which has won 3 of the 4 F1 Races we've had. A good stable design but definitely time for a new motor. Dale drove a great race in both classes. The last 30 seconds of the Can-Am race was incredible with Tom narrowly getting the win over Dale who didn't believe what the race director was telling him (Guess he'll know better next time). Huge congratulations to Tom for a much deserved and hard fought win! Full results are on our website along with photos
    Reminder: Tech Closes for Formula 1 at NOON.

Thanks again to all the racers for making this a great fun racing program!
    Jim Radford
    Pacific Slot Car Raceways
    http://www.shoppscr.com
    Visit us on Facebook
    (253) 446-5039
    Host site of the 2014 & 2016 DIV II USRA Nationals

[QUOTE
    Reminder: Tech Closes for Formula 1 at NOON.

Thanks again to all the racers for making this a great fun racing program![/QUOTE]

Jim, why a full hour from tech at noon to race at 1PM? Or do you want to start F1 earlier now? Also, do you want .375 wide fronts on the F1 ...... or .250"?
    ~DC dynamo~

Dennis, No Hour delay, Racing always immediately follows tech.

Rules: http://www.pacificslotcarraceways.com/RETRO-Results.php
    Can-Am: (Page 13)
    Front Tire Diameter = .750” minimum
    Front Tire Width = .225” minimum

Formula 1: (Page 17)
    Front Tire Diameter = .750” minimum
    Front Tire Width = .375” minimum
    Jim Radford
    Pacific Slot Car Raceways
    http://www.shoppscr.com
    Visit us on Facebook
    (253) 446-5039
    Host site of the 2014 & 2016 DIV II USRA Nationals

Also, Dennis, you need to narrow the chassis under the front axle. D3 allows "front suspension", not IRRA.

Page 14

10. Maximum Chassis Width: 1-5/8” (41.28mm), excluding axle tubes and axles.

In order to run narrow fronts and "front suspension", you would need to narrow the chassis to 1.375", 1 3/8", per the D3 rules. The only advantage to the D3 F1 rules is no minimum weight.
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

Quote Originally Posted by S.O. Watt View Post
    Also, Dennis, you need to narrow the chassis under the front axle. D3 allows "front suspension", not IRRA.
    Thanks Tom. I think I need to trim some weight off my heavy F1 car anyway ......... and that should help. I'll trim down to 1 5/8" under the front axle which should shave about 5 grams. But if it gets faster ...... you only have yourself to blame.
    ~DC dynamo~