Jim Radford
    Pacific Slot Car Raceways
    http://www.shoppscr.com
    Visit us on Facebook
    (253) 446-5039
    Host site of the 2014 & 2016 DIV II USRA Nationals

Seattle, Wa, Home of the Speed Crazed Morons
    This Saturday!

I believe F1s on the Hillclimber and Can-Ams on the Twister.

I'll be there a bit early if anybody needs a little help getting their cars ready to race.
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

Yah Tom, can you freshen up all my solder joints for me on my F1?? They got a little wrenched on the 500 race.

Oh, and my gears are a little 'clanky'.

I just noticed that the last 2 crown gears I bought ........... do NOT have brass tube inserts for 3/32" axles ! I'll punch out an old one ......... but will have to look more carefully when buying.
    ~DC dynamo~

Now, Dennis,

If I had built your car I would help ya out. But I'm sure your soldering skills will be more than "adequate" to repair any issues with your chassis.
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

Okay, solder joints are freshened and fresh paint on F1 body ....... but not too pretty as I am a lousy painter. Hopefully the rest of the car won't know it's outer surface is ugly and will plod along for maximum laps.

Tech time is 11 am? .... noon?
    ~DC dynamo~

If we tech in at 1pm .......... I get to squeeze in my weekly Wallyball in the morning. That also gives Leonard time to sleep in and wake up.
    ~DC dynamo~

Tech will CLOSE at Noon!. We have Drag Races @ 5:00 PM So we need to be finished up for them.

Jim
    Jim Radford
    Visit us on Facebook
    (253) 446-5039

Qualifying or no qualifying? Nice to set some official times up for these type cars.
    ~DC dynamo~

Quote Originally Posted by ~DC dynamo~ View Post
    Qualifying or no qualifying? Nice to set some official times up for these type cars.
    It really depends on the number of entries. Like I stated previously we need to be done in time for the drag racers to get their program started on time. This is the last weekend where the RETRO program shares the facility with the Drag program for the rest of the summer. So its possible we will start qualifying in the future although I'll need more feedback from the RETRO racers before I make that decision.
    Jim Radford
    Visit us on Facebook
    (253) 446-5039

I vote NO

Although I cant make it today & probably wont race retros till July I never really have cared for qualifying Ya gotta run ALL the lanes anyway ? & if you got drags at 5 ? I don't see you have the time !.... Qualifying just doesn't exist in my 1/32 racing & I cant say I miss it . to me its just drum beating ? no thanks...

With a smaller than normal field today, it would have been no problem time wise. We'll just have to wait to see what the new schedule may look like.

DC did mention Fun Times today. I'm down for that as long as its like late afternoons.
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

This retro racing is kind of fun on the little bull-ring track .......... and way fun on the faster and longer Twister layout and the full size Gig Harbor track.

The summer dropout may do us in ...... as several racers with retro cars are now not showing up. Maybe they have the early cars which may not be competitive anymore and they know it? Craig suggested dividing up the field of eight into 4 and 4 ........ to create turn marshalls if needed. That was done a few months ago with the F1 class.

I'm game for an interim race at GH. Would like to keep the racing going thru the summer ........ but we have to resolve the marshalling issues or the fun factor drops off and of course we all do this for fun. Fortunately, both my cars are un-scathed and ready for more action.
    ~DC dynamo~

I don't see cars that aren't competitive, I see cars that haven't been tuned on.

Playing with lead, gear ratios, rim sizes & tyres and bodies is all part of the game. One usually has to look for speed, it doesn't just magically appear.
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

Quote Originally Posted by S.O. Watt View Post
    I don't see cars that aren't competitive, I see cars that haven't been tuned on.

Playing with lead, gear ratios, rim sizes & tyres and bodies is all part of the game. One usually has to look for speed, it doesn't just magically appear.
    Yes, all cars have to be tuned with the variables you mention and they will become as good as THEY can get. However, you are not building the same customer cars you were. To your credit, your design has improved and performance is better. Try racing one of the older cars and see how you do.

Leonard's old F1 needs a tune-up. Maybe Craig built that one? His Can-Am is off the pace too but part of that might be his body choice. I heard a disgruntled comment from him ....... and hope he doesn't quit the program.

I appreciate the effort the 2 drag racers gave us in turn marshalling ........ but we need to figure something out for the summer. 4 and 4 race format? No crash and burn ........... or crash and dash for me.
    ~DC dynamo~

Thanks everyone for more great Retro racing. Thanks Tom for that great F1 car!

Don't worry about a disgruntled comment from Leonard, thats just Leonard. He'll still race with us. Drag racing is over on Saturdays throughout the summer so we won't have the typical time constraints and qualifying might be in order if people want to do so.

Race results here
    Photos here (Scroll to the bottom)
    Writeup here
    Jim Radford
    Visit us on Facebook
    (253) 446-5039