Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The next retro fun !

Seattle, Wa, Home of the Speed Crazed Morons
    Looks like in F1 my pit stop to fix my gear smesh may have cost me...........

Is anybody interested in a Retro "Test & Tune" and "Tech Tips Sharing" say on maybe a Thursday night later in the month?
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

I am in on a test and tune if it is Thurs 7th or 14th as I have those evenings off on using up Vacation days (graveyard shift) and gettting away from house repair and yard work.
    The Slugfest is the following weekend starting Friday 22nd so tables will be filled with pre practice out of towners. Opportunity maybe?
    Still working on my F1...got the kit and wire finally now if I can remember how to solder/dremel cut/ect....Oh yeah...if I had spare time to build it too....

Raymond

I can't do one on the 7th
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    There's been some mention of a possible race or two possibly that could be set up this month. PSCR has a pretty clean slate on their schedule, other than the Slugfest. Also is the possibility of a another race over at Fun Times...............

I also want to do a Retro Tech night at PSCR where we get those that want to add to their knowledge base on tuning these things (maybe a friendly competition added also?) .

All open for discussion.

Hey Tom, where did this message go in the Pacific retro thread? Or did you pull it?
    ~DC dynamo~

Thumbs up

Yes, Dennis I obviously pulled it.......

So the PSCR Race Calendar has two races scheduled for the next two weekends, the 30th and 7/7.

I'm up for doing a tech clinic at the track Thursday 6/28 around 6:30 to 8:30. I'll be passing along tidbits of what I've worked out on my cars and has been working for Tim and I. We'll take a look at gearing, car balance and tyre choices. Briefly cover some body things, also.

Anybody up for doing another race in the "500" format again? I'll bring a couple of "coupe" bodies for perusal, maybe these will work out for a possible future race theme.
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

Unfortunately, I can't make the retro race this Saturday on the 30th.

Need to install the TSRF motors sitting here and freshen up a few joints .... and I should be ready for the race on the 7th.
    ~DC dynamo~

Well it was a small group for the tech clinic last night but we did get several cars running better on the Twister. Just ask Jim and watch out for Dale.........

And yes Craig we are scheduled to run Can-Am in this Saturday
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

Ok?

On WHAT TRACK ?????

Quote Originally Posted by flyracing View Post
    On WHAT TRACK ?????
    The Twister if enough people show up so we can have sufficient marshalls (bring a friend!), if not enough show up we'll move up to the hillclimb and race there.
    Jim Radford
    Pacific Slot Car Raceways
    http://www.shoppscr.com
    Visit us on Facebook
    (253) 446-5039
    Host site of the 2014 & 2016 DIV II USRA Nationals

CanAm on the Twister ?? Now there's a combo we haven't seen for several months.

With all this testing and tuning going on ....... any Can-Am or F1 type cars in the 4s on the Twister? Just trying to gauge how much work is needed to do on my cars for the July race.

I hope you guys have a good turnout ......... with enuf turn marshalls to make it a great event. I can't make it ...... but thought about canceling my "other obligation" when I read the phrase ........ CanAm on the Twister.
    ~DC dynamo~

Thumbs up

Well, there is a race scheduled for this Saturday, and I'd sure like to run F1s on the Twister. Last chance for a good tune-up prior to the Flats...

I have to work this Saturday so I can't get there until around 2ish.

Dennis, I don't know of anybody doing any laps on the Twister with the timer running, so AFIK same old times as seen when we last raced on it. Maybe we can get some qualifying laps in this Saturday to see where we're at?

Then on Thursday night, 7/12, the scheduled Retro races supporting the Flat Track Worlds, with F1 on the Twister, Can-Am on the Hillclimb.

Anybody need any assistance tuning one of the cars I built?????? Let me know.
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

Quote Originally Posted by S.O. Watt View Post
    Well, there is a race scheduled for this Saturday, and I'd sure like to run F1s on the Twister. Last chance for a good tune-up prior to the Flats...

I have to work this Saturday so I can't get there until around 2ish.

Dennis, I don't know of anybody doing any laps on the Twister with the timer running, so AFIK same old times as seen when we last raced on it. Maybe we can get some qualifying laps in this Saturday to see where we're at?

Then on Thursday night, 7/12, the scheduled Retro races supporting the Flat Track Worlds, with F1 on the Twister, Can-Am on the Hillclimb.
    Is the tech in time still noon on Saturday for F1 cars ....... or will we now have to start at 2pm?

Seems we are so overdue to race Can-Ams on the Twister ....... that should be our next venue if enuf racers show up. Or race both classes on the Twister. Obviously I am not a big fan of the little Bullring track with continuous corners separated by super short straight sections.

I will have a new F1 to play with as well as TRY my custom detailed 1966 La Cucaracha with urethane race tires.

I just reviewed the IRRA rules and can't find any clarification of the use of rear axle tubes ........ IE how long or short can they be? Do they have to extend all the way out to the rear wheels or shortened and use spacers? We're all still using axle tubes here ........ right?
    ~DC dynamo~

Craig says he will not make the race this Saturday ...... but plans to make the Thursday Flats race.

Is there any evidence of outside racers coming with Retros to add to the turnout? If so, I might be in for that one too.
    ~DC dynamo~

As retro races don't have to be done before the drag racing starts, I do hope we can start a bit later.

There are no restrictions on axle tubes, Dennis. You can build with or without them. The big requirement is the 3 sided 1 piece motor bracket.

The bull ring is the best at teaching awareness. Driving in traffic is a skill I'm honing.

And Jim's car now has the front and back pieces attached to one anther again.....
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

Axle tubes are optional now? IRRA hasn't changed ...... so that must be a "local" rule deviation. Would be nice to have rule changes announced somewhere on this public forum so us car builders can do mods as necessary!

Any other "changes" I should be aware of?
    ~DC dynamo~