Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: retro racing at funtime in gig harbour MAY 5TH

Hehehe, Unfortunately, I'm at work... No workbench here!
    Gary Johnson

Seattle, Wa, Home of the Speed Crazed Morons
    Quote Originally Posted by GearBear View Post
    Hehehe, Unfortunately, I'm at work... No workbench here!
    Well, when the boss lets you for for misuse of company time, that Should solve your immediate problem.
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

Well, it sounds like 3pm should be an OK starting time unless there are any last minute nay-sayers. I'll contact Mike and get an official schedule firmed up.
    Eli Pile

...probably the only guy you know who's name is a palindrome

Exclamation FunTime Saturday Schedule

FunTime will be open for normal first-Saturday racing at 11am. Rumor has it that Craig is itching for an Indy race. FYI: FunTime racing tends to be pretty casual and laid back. There should be plenty of time for practice on the Hillclimb around FunTime's races or even join in.

Tech for Can-Am will be at 3:00pm.

Build-your-own-taco bar will be open following Can-Am race.

Tech for F1 will be 15 minutes after taco bar opens.

If you have a fb account, please check on the event page so we know how much food to prepare.

Also, FunTime hasn't incorporated a Retro format into their program yet, so if anyone has a loaner car, please bring them so a few of the natives can join in the Retro action. That also means the FunTime parts counter won't have much of a selection to support Retro cars, so please come prepared with any extra tires, crown gears, and other uniquely retro parts you may need.
    Last edited by PileDriver; 04-30-2012 at 07:42 PM.
    Eli Pile

Heres a shot of the track

check it out !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00605..jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	10934  

NICE track!!!!! Sounds like you guys are gonna hav TOO much fun and taco feed on top!!!!! Way cool!!!!! Awhile back the Spokane Retro club came over to run ther cars on the "Green Hornet". They brought some extra cars to loan some of the SCRAM Members. We ran a retro race and then to return the favor we loaned them some flexis cars and ran another race. It was a FUN day!!!!! I was really impressed with the retro cars. I wish I could get some of the SCRAM members interested? You guys enjoy your race and hav fun with the adventure of runnin a differant track!!!!!That usually throws a few marbles into the game and levels the playin field!!!! wink wink!!! Hillbilly

I will have one or two loaner Can-Am cars. Cost is the expendables such as a pair of tyres.
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

I have 3 Can-Ams so could also loan out a race car or 2 ....... as long as the user agrees not to beat me with it. I hate it when I accidentally loan out the better car. Costs would be to replace for new tires plus $5.
    ~DC dynamo~

How do we get a-hold of Joe Lim and Leonard (and any other Retro racer from Pacifiic) ........ or are they reading this thread? If so, they can weigh in here. Wouldn't want anyone to miss out on the fun.
    ~DC dynamo~

Maybe its not the better car ?

But you gave it to a better driver !!

sorry buddy but I just couldn't resist

Is it the car ......... or the Driver??

Quote Originally Posted by flyracing View Post
    But you gave it to a better driver !!

sorry buddy but I just couldn't resist
    On that given day you were the better driver. Plus I have more than my fair share of important parts breaking or spinning off the car ...... causing early retirement or massive loss of laps. If luck goes in cycles ...... I am ready to kick some ***.

We have a good size pool of racers that can win on any given day ........ IF they have the car and get a little lucky to avoid carnage. Our driving fingers are all very similar but the guy driving a car capable of getting a couple of tenths quicker ET on the rest of the pack should win the race ..... IF that guy is smart and passes slower traffic without incident. If he tries to pass in the corners (inside or outside lane) he is asking for early retirement or major luck factor from the slot car gods.

So who's got the best performing car in the field is the most important factor ....... followed by smart driving. Can a smart driver win with a middle of the pack performing car ?? Yeah , but very Un-likely.
    ~DC dynamo~

Avoiding drama !

Retro seems to be A class that tests ones ability to AVOID carnage ... BUT You still have to be able to apply enough AGGRESSION to not fall behind & OR maintain a lead ! if you don't take ANY risks ? you may as well be an Also ran ... Bottom line ..... NO GUTS NO GLORY...

Quote Originally Posted by flyracing View Post
    Retro seems to be A class that tests ones ability to AVOID carnage ... BUT You still have to be able to apply enough AGGRESSION to not fall behind & OR maintain a lead ! if you don't take ANY risks ? you may as well be an Also ran ... Bottom line ..... NO GUTS NO GLORY...
    "Avoiding carnage" and "take any risks" are opposite strategies. Needless risks ..... like showing no caution while overtaking another car in a corner including the bank is a way to take needless hits to your car. Remember last race ........ when you tried to pass Tim in the bank? Bent up car. I rest my case.
    ~DC dynamo~

One other reminder about FunTime... due to the smaller amount of business conducted at the facility, they aren't able to support payments with debit/credit cards, so please bring cash or a check.
    Eli Pile

Thumbs up

Is Everybody Ready To Ruummmble?

Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast