View Poll Results: What is your most desired type to race?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wing Cars

17 42.50%
  • Flexis

23 57.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your desired class to race?

What is your desired class to race?

On a regular basis, what do you love to race the most? Wing cars or flexis?
    "Going Postal" is a positive term. It means providing fast, friendly service to every customer.

Seattle, Wa, Home of the Speed Crazed Morons
    Retro Pros! Followed by Retro Can-Ams
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

I am so disgusted by the de-evolution of our hobby.
    There are tracks around the country that have good racing like Wings and ISRA, but none near me.
    Guys out here race bendomatic FCR and Deathstars.
    Retro runs good motors and they have a good racing format with Qualifying, but I have zero interest in that style of car.
    20 years ago, Flexi`s with Superwasps were an entry level class and it went up from there.
    Box Stock 12 was a beginner class that got good turnouts.
    Are people dumber these days?

So,

was there an answer in that post ?
    " A little less whining and a little more driving should cure the problem "
    Ronald R. Van Wagnen

I don`t want to race anything slower than a Flexi LMP with a Falcon.
    I am trying to get dialed enough to race B Production and Open 12 on flat tracks next year.

I would be real happy if I could race 27 Lite Wing Cars.

I like, wings, flexi, and would try retro
    Always leave the wood pile a little higher than you found it.

'Dumber'?

Mike, we have this discussion ALL the time...

People race WHAT they want to race. In my experience people also race what the tracks PROMOTE. And, there might be the answer to your dismay... PROMOTION. I don't see a whole lot of that going on. Take North East Raceway for example. One of their racers got on the FCR bandwagon, and he promotes the devil out of it... The result is 15 racers for their weekly shows... several times a week!

In 'your' part of the country wing cars and ISRA just aren't popular (judging by results I read, are they popular anywhere? Entries numbering in the low teens and single digits are nothing to brag about).

I heard an ISRA racer recently mocking Retro stock cars racing racing on an oval. There were 23 of them. Is there an ISRA series out there that wouldn't kill to have 23-entries in one class?

I like ISRA and Retro cars, so I race them. I don't like wing cars, and I wouldn't race them even if the local tracks did have a program for them. I think FCR cars are the best thing since sliced bread... LOL They are inexpensive and FUN. Remember those two words as well.

It's about 'choice'. No one stops anyone from racing wing, or scale cars. The majority just don't seem to be interested.

LM

Yeah, I am just trying to get a pulse on where racers across the US are on this subject. I know there are many variables, i.e. tracks, skill levels, etc., just trying to see what the hot racing is these days. We race multiple classes at The Track in MD. I am actually going to enjoy racing wings and flexis.
    "Going Postal" is a positive term. It means providing fast, friendly service to every customer.

This Poll is fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    This Poll is fixed
    Eurosport isnt one of the options
    "Dub" Wade
    Nampa, ID
    208-392-0639
    dustynwade@ymail.com
    Dub Motors, Dub Rides, Dub Winged bodies, PMP Chassis, Paint by Odie, Bone Bodies.
    Of course Balance by Beuf
    3rd Eye Controllers

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Raceway View Post
    Eurosport isnt one of the options
    +1

You would have been better to say wings, other! But I would MUCH rather race Eurosports!
    Gary Johnson

No, I meant fixed 'cos Wings are waaaay out in front

Quote Originally Posted by Postal View Post
    Yeah, I am just trying to get a pulse on where racers across the US are on this subject. I know there are many variables, i.e. tracks, skill levels, etc., just trying to see what the hot racing is these days. We race multiple classes at The Track in MD. I am actually going to enjoy racing wings and flexis.
    I don't get what you are trying to find out. You say you "want to see what the hot racing is these days." You only list wing and flexis cars in your poll. And don't some wing cars use flexi chassis? I think you spend some time on the blogs, so you must see all the interest in FCR and Retro. Are they not "hot racing?" Or do you have some other criteria for what is "hot racing" other than popularity? You go on to say that you are "going to enjoy racing wings and flexis" Good, race both, but why the poll, then? What do you need to know? If more people say they are going to run one over the other is that the one you will concentrate on? What if what is preferred in the poll is not true at The Track? It is unlikely that a poll can tell you what you should "love to race." Try racing the different classes to find what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Slippery View Post
    I don't get what you are trying to find out. You say you "want to see what the hot racing is these days." You only list wing and flexis cars in your poll. And don't some wing cars use flexi chassis? I think you spend some time on the blogs, so you must see all the interest in FCR and Retro. Are they not "hot racing?" Or do you have some other criteria for what is "hot racing" other than popularity? You go on to say that you are "going to enjoy racing wings and flexis" Good, race both, but why the poll, then? What do you need to know? If more people say they are going to run one over the other is that the one you will concentrate on? What if what is preferred in the poll is not true at The Track? It is unlikely that a poll can tell you what you should "love to race." Try racing the different classes to find what you like.
    You are overthinking it. Just tell us what you like to race. If it isn't on the poll, mention it like you did. Maybe I'll start a new poll. Or maybe you can too. Peace. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Postal View Post
    You are overthinking it. Just tell us what you like to race. If it isn't on the poll, mention it like you did. Maybe I'll start a new poll. Or maybe you can too. Peace. :-)
    Oh...never mind, it's a just for fun poll...I like, sorry, I mean love, SLOP racing...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast