Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AA/FC world record???

AA/FC world record???

What is the fastest a aa/fc car has gone on a drag track (world record)???? What is the set up of motor-body and chassis used to set that record??? Was just curious???
    "MAY THE FORCE BE IN THE FINGER"
    "Theres no banks in heaven,spend it all on slotcars"
    "WINGS ARE FOR FAIRIES- GTP RACING RULES"

??????????????????

439 views and no replies?

This is the wrong place to ask that.

However, If I remember(and I probably don't) but the last I recall was .401 at 131 or so.

And it was one of the Chichi's (sp?) of Proslot
    "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"

Archie King
    2019 TSRA Series Group 7 Champion
    2018 TSRA Series Group 7 Champion
    2018 HillBilly Box World Record Holder 1.907
    2016 HillBilly BoxStock Champion
    2014 TSRA Series Group 7 Champion

Team KOFORD
    http://www.koford.com/slot/

Mike A. (of Slick 7) hit 134 mph at the boola bash this past weekend with an ET of .421 I believe.
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 06-03-2014 at 09:57 PM. Reason: name edited by request
    Chase Walker

There are 2 WR's
    .418 @ 139 MPH on Batteries
    .401 @ 142 MPH on Power Supplies

What is the "legal" voltage for drag racing?

I assume it is different with batteries and power supplies?

Who holds those records?

16 Volts
    You can get the 16 with batteries using a charger or with a 90 amp P/S set at 16V added.
    Rivergate sells one that is set at 16V, like the one some tracks use to qualify wing cars.

Thanks for the info.

If the voltage is the same, why is there a time noted for each? Wouldn't it just be the fastest ? Either way, very cool!

I used a series/parrallel set of batteries AND the 90 ps. Industrial 8 vdc and 6 vdc batteries actually add up to 16volts...and 2 farad capacitors. Had all the amps in the world....more than server power supplies could provide.

Standard power has always been an issue in setting up a track and claiming records. In the old days of the rod & custom drags, stock class was single battery 13.2 vdc; gas class 2 batteries in series - 26.4 vdc; and fuel class was 3 batteries in series or roughly 40 volts dc. We called it 12/24/36 insteadof actually dialing it in. Of Course, ANY motor was used on each voltage.
    Last edited by Ramcatlarry; 12-05-2012 at 10:11 PM.
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

60 year pin 1959-2019
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2019 member
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 &
    1/32 - Great Lakes Slot Car Club
    retired raceway owner 1992-2007
    Omni/Cidex service center

Quote Originally Posted by Ramcatlarry View Post
    I used a series/parrallel set of batteries AND the 90 ps. Industrial 8 vdc and 6 vdc batteries actually add up to 16volts...and 2 farad capacitors. Had all the amps in the world....more than server power supplies could provide.

Standard power has always been an issue in setting up a track and claiming records. In the old days of the rod & custom drags, stock class was single battery 13.2 vdc; gas class 2 batteries in series - 26.4 vdc; and fuel class was 3 batteries in series or roughly 40 volts dc. We called it 12/24/36 insteadof actually dialing it in. Of Course, ANY motor was used on each voltage.
    ****24 and 36 volts,,wow...that would be crazy to see a aa/fc on that kind of voltage... boy you have to teardown the motor every pass and cut the comm i bet....would be kind of like the real cars getting those 7000 h.p. motor torn down after every pass....wonder if a lap counter would be able to time the car with that voltage....i can already see- 36 volt pass record.= .001 SECOUNDS....LOL....

Since the computor or hi power magnets did not exist, timing was done by the eye and stopwatch method. VERY inaccurate, but breaking the one second barrier was the real deal - with pittman/ram 85/857 sidewinders with alnico wimpy magnets. Motors blew-up with great regularity.....

Any motor and any chassis was the true unlimited rule - or open rules....as they should be. I have planned to build and test the modern equivelent, a full sidewinder with a ten turn double RC motor.

Ever see an Estes rocket car run on a 1/24 strip? timed over(so I was told) 300 real mph............Scott Wright's Speed World on the SW side of Chicago in the past 10 years or so.
    Last edited by Ramcatlarry; 02-26-2015 at 03:54 PM.
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

60 year pin 1959-2019
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2019 member
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 &
    1/32 - Great Lakes Slot Car Club
    retired raceway owner 1992-2007
    Omni/Cidex service center

Chase,
    I qualified with Mike Aceves at the Boola Bash, and he did .421 at 134 mph, but you have to back it up within two percent or the record does not stand.
    John K. Wakamatsu

And that was with his old stuff that was collecting dust .

Aloha ,
    Cal

Quote Originally Posted by Ramcatlarry View Post

Ever see a rocket car run on a 1/24 strip? timed over 300 real mph............Scott Wright's Speed World on the SW side of Chicago in the past 10 years or so.
    Waving the B.S. flag on this one, Larry. Despite being a mere fetus in the slot car world at the time, I watched that pass on the old 1000' foot track at Weed...I mean...Speedworld. 122 mph iirc. Good thing the back door was open, because that car ended up in the back parking lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast