Thread: 1/24 Club Racing in Central New York?

1/24 Club Racing in Central New York?

I am currently driving 70 miles one way to the nearest commercial track. When I get there on Saturday I am often either alone on the track or with one or two others. Maybe it will get better in the Fall, but for now I'm wondering if there are any "club" tracks closer to the Ithaca area? I enjoy running my slot cars but not my gas guzzling pick up! I run GT 12's, Grp 10 NASCAR or Box Stock, or I can build something to run on any track closer to home!

Not sure where 'Central New York' is, but there is a raceway, Hudson Valley Raceway, near Poughkeepsie.
    Florida Slotter, aka Marty Stanley,
    A "Double 60's" Slot Racer
    Killer X Raceways Team Racer

That's 200+ miles Marty...maybe I need to move?

Yeah, "central NY" is a little vague. Care to be more specific on your location?
    Tachyon - A gluon that isn't quite dry.

Quote Originally Posted by MacMoose View Post
    Yeah, "central NY" is a little vague. Care to be more specific on your location?
    I think he was clear enough. He said "the Ithaca area." Ithaca is about half way between Binghamton and Syracuse. It is where Cornell University is located....

I certainly did not mean to be obscure! I am in Ithaca, and I drive to Fulton and/or west Rochester to get on a track. Both are close to 90 minutes each way. I have watched all my closer options fold over the last five years. I was simply trying to find any "club" options that might save me miles.

Thanks!

Last time I went to Fantasy, there was talk of getting a GTP class going with Super 16D motors.
    I can only race on Thursday or Friday nights right now.
    Doubt if anything will happen before Fall.

I was up there a month or so ago and I think they were running in-line hard-bodies (from kits) on Thursdays. But the drive from Ithaca up there is just too far to do on a regular basis. Red Neck in Fulton is closer for me, but have not seen many people up there. Sadly, summer is when I have time to really get my cars in shape!

Go down to Speedzone, NJ for Group 10 on Mondays, ISRA Thursday Thunder.
    Slots a Lot on Long Island runs Wings on Sundays.

There are races happening,you just have to do some driving.
    Glad I have a Honda Civic.

I've been following Speedzone on FB, looks like a great place, wish I were closer. I love my Hemi, but not on long trips! Maybe the answer is to buy my own track and start a club here in the Finger Lakes Region. I can't be driving hundreds of miles to exercise my toy cars! Who else in this area is looking for a closer option?

I feel your pain. I live in Elba, NY and I have a 8 lane Olgilvie in my basement. We run club type races on Tuesday nights October - April. We run H & R Pro Track and FCR 4 1/2 with NASCAR hard bodies and Falcon Motors. We always have at least five and we have had up to 14 racers recently.

Ithaca to Elba...close to two hours! I really need to bite the bullet and buy a track for my barn!

Have you checked the tracks for sale here and on SB?

Sometimes a club is the best answer.Most tracks outside the USA are clubs.

If you buy a track try to get a complete RTR setup.You would be surprised how fast the bucks add up looking for a timing system,power supply,etc.

Good Luck

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by RDNKPHD View Post
    Ithaca to Elba...close to two hours! I really need to bite the bullet and buy a track for my barn!
    Hey buddy I just created an account her so I could send you this message. these guys race every week in Cortland NY. Much closer for you. I think they have a few different tracks in the cortland area they race at each week. Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/426981007349415/