Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RETRO Formula 462 Saturday 5/26/2012 11:00 AM

It's good that Leonard is also coming ............ but maybe someone better give him a wake-up call at 9am or so.

Is there also going to be a wing race on the Chief later that day? I have a production steel perimeter car with a C-can 12 motor I soldered in a few years ago ........ that I have yet to run a lap with. Maybe I can find a body for it too?
    ~DC dynamo~

Ok?

Who ate it ?

Seattle, Wa, Home of the Speed Crazed Morons

Thumbs up

I didn't.

Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

It was a great race lots of aerobatics and some very close racing
    those cars are way cool it has me thinking
    and the winner was .................................................. ....................

Royz
    Last edited by Novaz; 05-27-2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: teeze

Well, it would be nice to have some race details, guys.

We raced retros in Spokane the same date. Been considering a trip to Seattle. Confused a little as to your schedule. I know you do retro the first Saturday of each month. Then I see the last Saturday of some months. What is the difference?

Tom Brown and I have considered driving over some retro weekend. The idea was to take a Friday off work, drive to Monitor (Wenatchee) and race Friday night there. Then on to Seattle for a Saturday race and home Saturday night. Would try to get nearby racer Joe Goldberg and possibly Paul Dwyer to join us.

Are you still getting retro turnout for the summer?

Ken Bryan
    Spokane

We're not racin Friday nights during the summer but with a little heads up I will put a race together!!! I still owe you a car Ken!!!!

When do you start again in the fall? October?

yes, fridays probably in October. This summer we're cutting back as they Yahoos are heading for the hills(Without ME!!!!). Right now we're running every tues night 1/32 and one saturday a month a simple club race and also once a month we're doin a point series on a saturday with a potluck. Thers a group from Pasco coming and playing with us on that.I've been sitting back and keeping an eye on the retro scene.I still would luv to do some building. Thers a couple of our members I think I could convince but not enough to start a program. Stay in touch and let me know if your headed this way!!!!

From the reports I got ?

It was

1st Tom Hansen
    2nd Tim Burgess
    3rd Joe Lim

Heard it was a real crash fest ! That was a "special" race cause the normal 1st Saturday race was scheduled over w/the Popeye's chicken drags ! Retro F-1 & Can-Am is still on the calender as the 1st Saturday of each month thru the summer. Check the pacific website, Or call Jim Radford at the shop. Hope to see some eastern retro talent ! The next race is june 2nd f-1 & can-am On which tracks? are to be determined ...
    Last edited by flyracing; 05-28-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Craig is correct the race schedule got flipped around "temporarly" due to holidays and the Popyeye Drag event that fell on the same scheduled weekend as the regular Saturday Retro day. Nothings changed or switched. Theres a whole other thread on that mention.
    Things are back to normal First Sat for Retro racing events. Thats what happens when there many classes that people want to run, but not enough hours, weekends or days on the calander.

If Jim sends me the PDF from the Slotrak on his own time I will do my special Excel cut and paste of the results here with the pictures when posted on FB.... but I think Jim needs to take a well deserved Holiday BBQ break until the mid week.

Raymond

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by flyracing View Post
    Snip>

Heard it was a real crash fest ! Snip> On which tracks? are to be determined ...
    Yes, it was quite unusual but cars were a flying and causing 'track call' stoppages every 20 seconds or so. Reminded me of wing car racing. My car got pin balled to the point I had to pull the left front wheel back out and re-solder the retainer. Seems everyone took their turns on shots to the floor and I think Hansen flew thru the air to hit the sale counter glass. Sounded great!

My guess is we run the Can-Ams on the Twister and F-1s on the tiny twisty Hillclimb. Why? Because we ran it the other format last time.
    ~DC dynamo~

RETRO F1 500 Race #5 4-26-2012 TRACK: Hillclimb (74 Lap Heats)
    Place

Driver

Qual

Laps

Tom Hansen

Tim Burgess

Joe Lim

Jim Radford

Ken Cavish

Chris West

Zach Cavish

Dennis Cook

Dale Olive

Seattle, Wa, Home of the Speed Crazed Morons

Thumbs up

It was Dale who tried taking out the glass in the display case (maybe that was when he broke his toy?). My car got the Launch distance award I think. Pretty much every F1 body needed to be replaced on the top 3 cars. The noses were very shredded, if still attached.

For the 1st time qualifying these cars, I was pleasantly surprised at the closeness of the times. Chris did real well having bought the counter car shortly before the race (a very nice Zee-railer ) and almost no driving time with it.

As our retro racing group grows, we should be able to split the drivers up into classes. That and a bit of peer coaching should help all.

I thought the format was a nice change up, made for some interesting strategies. I think mine worked out the best- Stay on the track and slow down when I heard carnage start . Sometimes it back fired as the people on the lanes next to me "ran over" my slowed car

Everybody ready to do it again this Saturday?

I'll be there a bit early if anybody needs a little car tuning/repair.
    Tom Hansen

Our Gang Racing
    Cukras Enterprises

Team Camen

Keep on Keeping On

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12