Thread: Help me ID these please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help me ID these please

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set...3680917&type=1

Not sure if this link will work, but I posted pics of a bunch of stuff I acquired at an auction on Facebook. Any help anyone can provide as to identifying them would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but anything you catch comes home with you!

Quote Originally Posted by aubin 3 sixteen View Post
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set...3680917&type=1

not sure if this link will work, but i posted pics of a bunch of stuff i acquired at an auction on facebook. Any help anyone can provide as to identifying them would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    ***that link is not working at all!!!
    "MAY THE FORCE BE IN THE FINGER"
    "Theres no banks in heaven,spend it all on slotcars"
    "WINGS ARE FOR FAIRIES- GTP RACING RULES"

The link works fine if you have a Facebook page.
    I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.

My " Guess" is top to bottom. MRC chassis and motor- 2 Mura Motors- Garvic sidewinder chassis with Blue motor???- Pittcan motor in Cox Iso Fulcrum chassis... Just a guess
    Clyde-0-Mite

It sucks if you assume that everyone has (let alone wants) a facebook page

Thanks or the constructive comment. I assume nothing, I only offer what I have. Having no other medium to ask for help regarding large photos, I used what was available. I also have no interest in watching videos of cute kitties or knowing what my friends are having to drink at the coffee shop, but like the internet in general there are aspects of Facebook that I have found to be usefull. I am in control of my keyboard, I can choose to click on things or ignore them. I have found it to be a way to connect with friends I have not seen in 40 years, also to connect with family memebers in Europe that go back centuries. I am sorry you have chosen not to take advantage of the positive side of social media, but please try not to criticise it every opportunity you get. It gets old fast.
    What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but anything you catch comes home with you!

Finished the rant?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Finished the rant?
    As always, thanks for your helpful, informative and friendly post.

What's your gripe Ron, get with the times old timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gill A View Post
    What's your gripe Ron, get with the times old timer.
    That's a bit rich coming from you Gill

OK - If I upset anyone, I apologize - I wasn't looking for a fight.

The following may (or may not) be of some interest

Pros and Cons of Facebook for Individuals

There are obviously two sides to this argument, and it all depends on what your opinions are. People who like Facebook can spend hours on it browsing through other people's profiles, whereas some people cannot even stand the sight of it, even though they know how to use the site wisely. Here are some of the well-known pros of Facebook.
    • You have the ability to find old friends and reconnect with them.
    • You can keep in touch with your friends, no matter how far apart you'll are physically.
    • You can keep your friends and family members updated about what is happening in your life.
    • You can promote yourself and any other work that you do.
    • You can make many new like-minded friends by joining various groups and communities.
    • You can share your favorite music and videos with your friends.
    • You can play many different games and use many different applications.
    • You can communicate with your friends at any time you want.
    To balance out these advantages, there are bound to be some cons of as well, and these are what deter many people from joining the website.
    • You will get bombarded with unwanted friend requests from many unknown people.
    • Your friends and family members will be able to snoop around and know what is happening in your life at all times.
    • Your pictures could be misused.
    • You might mistakenly befriend an individual with dishonorable intentions.
    • You will get unwanted newsfeeds about every single activity that your friends perform on Facebook.
    • Your friends will get newsfeeds about every single activity that you perform as well.
    • You will get bombarded by spam and annoying advertisements from time to time.
    • You will witness unnecessary dramatization of unimportant occurrences in your friends lives.
    • Anyone will be able to see your information and pictures, if you do not update your privacy settings regularly.
    • Your friends may tag you in a picture that you do not want others to see.
    • Applications will ask you for many details that you would not normally give out.
    • You will waste many hours because it is addictive for most people.

Gee I don't log on for couple days and look what happens .

You causing trouble again Ron? lol
    Keep your finger on the trigger ,and your eye on the slot

Hey! Zippy! don't pay attention to those guys. I will not use facebook or any of those others. I don't need hundreds nosing in my personal business. If I can't get an EAdress then I don't need direct contact. Gus in Sacto