+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spray Glue Formula???

Here in the land of Beuf, we typically go with a camen brown and 2 koford mediums. We clean and spray Friday for our wing racing and by the time Sunday rolls around everything is run in goodenough for our NASCAR races.

Bardahl makes a "No Smoke" treatment:
    http://www.bardahl.com/products/oil-additives/no-smoke

STP also makes a "Smoke Treatment" that I have heard some people use.
    http://www.stp.com/products/oil-addi...oke-treatment/

Has anyone tried the STP 'Smoke' ?
    (I'm just looking for an alternative that I can get locally instead of ordering a $5 bottle and have shipped)
    Dean Vuckovich
    Wolfpak Racing

Quote Originally Posted by EdC View Post
    a track builder told me to use STP...
    Fair enough, but I tried it at my raceway and it was horribly messy and very hard to measure properly.
    Tachyon - A gluon that isn't quite dry.

For further historical reading, http://slotblog.net/topic/11657-spray-glue/

Sorry Paul, couldn't find the "click here" instructions
    Zippity

Wellington Slot Car Club's home page

25% of the women in this country are on medication for mental illness.
    That's scary.
    It means 75% are running around untreated.

Question Spray glue

[QUOTE=Zippity;295014]Paul - yes lighter fluid or white spirits or Fuelite as we use

I got my spray bottle in the USA in 2003 - it is still going fine.

Ron, we've got varying opinions on how to spray glue, so I'd like to know how you guys do it in Wellington, as your track always seems so consistant, while ours is different every week? Also how often do you clean the track & do you spray the straights too? Ours is done every week & I think that's too much. I'd appreciate any information.

Cheers,Paul

Whenever the track gets really dirty About once every 2 to 3 months.

We know it is time to clean the track when the rear tyre rubber build-up is so black and thick that you can rub it off with a finger - not that we let it go that far. Wing car tracks in the USA are notorious for this

Chris Dillon is our resident "chief gooer". He sprays only the braking area and after 20 minutes or so, runs in each lane in with 20 to 30 laps using a S16 powered Flexi chassis to spread the goo around the track.

The recipe we use is one bottle of Camen Light to one litre of Fuelite in the spray bottle mentioned above
    Last edited by Zippity; 06-07-2012 at 09:33 PM.

Spray gluing

Thanks Ron. See you in August for the Enduro.

Paul

Bardahl No Smoke and Stop Leak

Attachment 11112

Bardahl/16 oz. no smoke and stop leak at AutoZone
    Price:$6.49

now who is going to be brave enough to spray this on their track? Dean???

Home of the 2007 USRA Nats and a pretty fast King Track
    As important as it is to get the correct mixture in your spray glue, even more important is to allow time for the glue to dissolve completely prior to spraying. I mention this as I once mixed the glue up in a clear bottle and was amazed at how long it took to actually dissolve fully. Most folks put it in a spray bottle shake a few times and start spraying. After that I now always premix the glue in a clear (soda) bottle and have been amazed at how much better the track has been racing.

our particular environment is a large facility with very tall ceiling and a extremely large overall space. When it is hot and humid, it is nearly impossible to get ideal track conditions inside that building so adjustment of the glue mixture makes up for that some.

I have never used anything but Camen brown and doubt I ever will. I spray differently for scale cars than wing cars and absolutely never apply any spary over a rubbered up track, i can't imaging that working very well. The track is always cleaned prior to spraying.

Track surface and bite also dictates how much you spray and where. A bitey tracks obviously needs much less in places than a slippery track.

I've used as little as 1/2 bottle of brown to a spray bottle to as much as 2 bottles of brown to a spray bottle depending on conditions and type of car.

We are able to run all classses of cars up to and including Open Wing cars on our track in spray glue and have turned more laps in spray with cleaner races than we ever had in racer applied glue.
    I'm from Missouri, you have to show me

We use 1 bottle of Koford Light to 24oz of Naptha.

We choose to spray the entire track. We spray the corners a little heavier and mist the straights.

We clean the track the first Monday of every month. Any longer and the rubber becomes much harder to clean off.
    Rollin Isbell

Slot Car Raceway & Hobbies
    9735 Old St. Augustine Road, #15
    Jacksonville, FL 32257
    904-527-3504

Thumbs down

STP......We used it in the 60s untill Dart came out.....When STP finnally dried. It was not real sticky.

OLPHRT
    PHIL I.

Roman gave the most important statement when he said about making sure the glue is totally dissolved before you make your mixture. His clear soda bottle about 1/2 to 3/4 full with naptha and shake shake shake. You will be amazed how long it takes to be totaly diissolved. Then pour into your quart bottle and shake again for a while. Once you get the mixture the same, the results will be the same. Always error on the too little side, its easy to add another dose on the turns...............
    Why make it tougher than it really is?
    e-mail: scrgeo@comcast.net

STP and or Bardahl..... are you sure about this? what ratios and exactly which product are we to use????

I felt the Bardahl and it felt oily and never got sticky.

[QUOTE=EdC;295130]STP and or Bardahl.....
    WHY tire glue is much cheaper.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast