+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1/24 scale commercial Slot car track 155' Ogilvie King

1/24 scale commercial Slot car track 155' Ogilvie King

For Sale ... Track # 74 by Steve Ogilvie. It's more banked than a Blue King & very fast. The track was last used Dec. 2008 & remained setup until July 2011. It is in decent shape & in need of re-braiding. The surface was redone in 2001 & shows wear. The driver stations are spread out to allow for lots of elbow room between drivers. Some of the walls were replaced with lexan to improve visibility for shorter racers. Footprint is 23' x 50'. Includes one 75amp power supply

The track is located in Wilkes-Barre, Pa
    Asking $1500.00

Track info @ http://tiffanyweb.bmts.com/~ogilvie/index.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC001081..jpg
Views:	706
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	11151   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC020581..jpg
Views:	523
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	11152   Click image for larger version

Name:	King signatures1..jpg
Views:	553
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	11153   Click image for larger version

Name:	King Power 21..jpg
Views:	474
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	11154   Click image for larger version

Name:	King 1..JPG
Views:	777
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	11155  

Click image for larger version

Name:	King 21..jpg
Views:	642
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	11156  
    Last edited by BrooklynKid; 06-21-2012 at 01:11 PM.

and a price or terms?

Jim Dalton
    Bone Bodies

ISCC
    Dub Motors
    PMP Chassis
    3rd Eye controllers
    jd102454@yahoo.com

Just a few questions please.....

1. Is it presently disassembled?
    2. If yes to #1, has it been stored in a dry place?
    3. Will you deliver to VA?

Thanks.
    "Going Postal" is a positive term. It means providing fast, friendly service to every customer.

The track is disassembled & dry. Sorry, can't deliver....Pickup only. Zip code is 18704

only 2328 miles from me...

If I had the room I would be all over it. Sadly I can't give up the garage for a track as I have too many things in there and need it to work on other stuff. Looks to be in great shape.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynKid View Post
    The track is disassembled & dry. Sorry, can't deliver....Pickup only. Zip code is 18704
    How big of a storage unit do you think I would need to store it?

P.
    "Going Postal" is a positive term. It means providing fast, friendly service to every customer.

A storage unit of 20' x 10' would suffice.

Track # 74 by Steve Ogilvie

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynKid View Post
    For Sale ... Track # 74 by Steve Ogilvie. It's more banked than a Blue King & very fast. The track was last used Dec. 2008 & remained setup until July 2011. It is in decent shape & in need of re-braiding. The surface was redone in 2001 & shows wear. The driver stations are spread out to allow for lots of elbow room between drivers. Some of the walls were replaced with lexan to improve visibility for shorter racers. Footprint is 23' x 50'. Includes one 75amp power supply

The track is located in Wilkes-Barre, Pa
    Asking $1500.00

Track info @ http://tiffanyweb.bmts.com/~ogilvie/index.htm
    I am quite interested in track! is there a number where I can reach you? what all comes with it? if you want you can reach me @ 304-222-0963 or email alexc@suddenlink.net

sale

Is the king still for sale for 1500? if so, do any computers, lap counter's, ect come with it other then the 75 AMP power supply?
    As the name states i'm completely a novice in the sport of slot car racing, i do have some 1/24 scale wing car's and a couple womps from when i was a kid and i used to race at a place in Elmsford NY, i can't remember the name but it was under sports time USA if i recall.
    Then i moved from NY and haven't since seen a commercial 8 lane track for roughly 18 years, then just a few years ago one opened up in town so i pulled out the old box dusted off the cars and stared running them around again i had even started getting back into the race scene again and purchased a few other car's a stock car and a box stock. long story short the owner switched locations to about 30 minutes away and after about a week of being open he got robbed and completely shut his doors for good.
    I had naturally found a few other slot shops around but there roughly 100 miles away. anyway thank's for the trip down memory lane and i'm sorry to have jumped off topic for a second.
    We can further discuss thing's if it's still up for sale either here or in email.

Cool story, kinda reminds me of how I got back into Slot Racing. I raced at Buzzy's Buzzarama in Brooklyn between 1969 & 1971. If my mother knew that I had traveled an hour and a half by bus as a 10 year old, she'd have killed me. Great memories. Anyway, the track is still available & several people are interested. My Email Address is Bklynkid59@yahoo.com

ok, i sent you a rather long winded e-mail.

Brklynkid,

Where were you traveling from? My access to Buzzarama made it appear as if the raceway was as near as California; and I grew up in Queens.

Tony
    OWH Slotographer

Tony,

I travelled by bus from Crown Heights in Brooklyn, We took the B46 (Utica Ave) & transferred to the B35 (church Ave) which we stayed on til the last stop. the trip lasted forever, but was sooooo worth it. These memories prompted me to google the place & it's still in operation on weekends. Buzzy is now 72. Im gonna have to plan a road trip.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast