Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to south-central PA. Looking for the local slot car community (if one exists).

Moving to south-central PA. Looking for the local slot car community (if one exists).

Next month I am moving from the Seattle area (which has a great slot car community) to a very rural area in south-central Pennsylvania (near Breezewood).

Are there any other slot car folks in that area and where is your favorite slot car destination?
    Eli Pile

...probably the only guy you know who's name is a palindrome

It`s not local, but you are within a reasonable drive to Speedzone, NJ.
    One of the best Raceways in the USA, and host of the ISRA North American Championships in September and USRA Scale Nats in April.
    They have a very strong weekly and monthly ISRA program too.

I`m sure some other guys can post about closer tracks too.
    Good Luck and Have Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    It`s not local, but you are within a reasonable drive to Speedzone, NJ.
    One of the best Raceways in the USA, and host of the ISRA North American Championships in September and USRA Scale Nats in April.
    They have a very strong weekly and monthly ISRA program too.

I`m sure some other guys can post about closer tracks too.
    Good Luck and Have Fun.
    Yeah, I've definitely been keeping tabs on that track and I am making plans on attending the Nats next year. I'm hoping that makes up for missing the American Flat Track Worlds at PSCR next month.

I'll have to check out the ISRA rules/classes and see if I can make that event in fall.
    Eli Pile

scale speed raceway (dt hobbies) Dover, PA

I live in york, pa. Where in pa are you moving to?

Quote Originally Posted by fastslotracer View Post
    "to a very rural area in south-central Pennsylvania (near Breezewood)."

Quote Originally Posted by fastslotracer View Post
    Outside of Breezewood in the fork of I-70 and the Pennsylvania Turnpike
    Eli Pile

Motel city !!!!
    Frank Sarkela
    Slot Car Raceway & Hobbies
    305 Southwest Blvd
    Rohnert Park, CA 94928
    707-795-4156
    Visit our Raceway Website: http://www.scrhobby.com
    Visit our Online Store: http://shop.scraceway.com

Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    Motel city !!!!
    That's the one!
    Eli Pile

Quote Originally Posted by Sieder71 View Post
    scale speed raceway (dt hobbies) Dover, PA
    Where is it?
    Tachyon - A gluon that isn't quite dry.

Sorry to hear that you are moving out of the Seattle area, and that I didn't get a chance to meet you yet.

I think you started racing just after I left for the Philippines.

I have followed the race results at PSCR as well as at Fun Time, as well as your posts here on OWH.

Be sure to check out the OWH Slot Car Raceway Directory:
    http://www.oldweirdherald.com/owh-raceway-directory

I just punched in Breezewood, PA, and set it at 100 miles, and I came up with 8 raceways (plus Keystone that is closed). If anyone reading this knows of any other updates - of listed tracks moving or closed, or raceways to add - please let me know (or just fill in the "Add a Raceway" link on the directory page). There were several more raceways at just over 100 miles, when I set it to 500 mile radius (I need to figure out how to add a 200 mile option).

I need more info on Scale Speed Raceway in Dover, to add to the directory, that Sieder71 mentioned above. I guess I have it listed under DT Hobbies and in Hanover - with a Ogilvie Hillclimb and American Yellow tracks (similar to Fun Time & 132 Slot Car's tracks in Gig Harbor & Tacoma.)

Unfortunately, it looked like all of the tracks are at least an hour drive away... but still with several to choose from within an hour or two, that is still a lot better then many racers have it! (I'm over 8,000 miles from MY home raceway - a bit too far to commute )

I hope you can find a raceway or two for you and your son to race at - and be sure to keep us posted here on OWH once you get moved, ok?

Best wishes for your move and new location - I'm sure you'll be missed by the racers at Pacific Slot Car Raceways & Fun Time Raceways.

Paul K @ OWH
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

D.T. Hobbies is still located in the Noth Hanover Mall at 1155 Carlise St. Hanover PA 17331, and still carries all your favorite Nascar and Sports Collectibles from all your favorite teams and drivers. We were foced to move to a smaller location beside JC Penny in September of last year, which left us with no room for the tracks. We currently have a 60 ft. oval and a 1/8 mile Drag Strip that we are racing on located at 4801 West Canal Rd. Dover PA 17315. By the Fall, or as soon as it is ready we will be moving the tracks to there New 2500 square foot building which will also include the addition of a 110 ft. Paper Clip track. We are calling the location with tracks Scale Speed Raceway (DT Hobbies) to make sure our customer base is headed to the right location when they are looking for us.

Thanks
    Donnie
    www.scalespeedraceway.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scale-...89782894417723

Your only 66 miles or about an 1hr and 20 min from Outback Motor Speedway in Winchester Va.

Eli, what kind of racing do you do? Based on that we can provide better recommendations of where to go.

Thanks,

Right now I'm racing pretty much anything 1/24 scale with a lexan body (Wing, Scale, NASCAR) and also the 1/32 JK brand GTP cars. Most of the classes I run have Falcon/Hawk/16D motors solely for budgetary reasons. I do have one Speedshop built Group 10 (GTP) Scale car and one Box Stock 12 (ProSlot). I have two boys (ages 6 and 12) that race so we also have a handful of Womps plus their own Falcon powered Scale and Wingcars. I'm not opposed to racing Retro, but I don't really have the time (or the talent) to keep up three pit boxes that include Retro cars as part of the stable.

BTW, thanks to everyone for pointing me in directions to go.

We went to our local track in Gig Harbor for the last time last night. Bittersweet. The Hillclimb there is really a blast to drive on and we've put in a lot of work there in the past year keeping it going.
    Eli Pile

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast