Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updated World Records

Updated World Records

I have put together a list of current world records in Opens, OMO, 27's, and 27 Light that are not already listed on the WR chart. Let me know if any of these are wrong.

GROUP 7 PRO
    Date Name Laps Location Event
    5/20/2012 Vladimir Horky 1323 Red Fox Raceway 2012 Worlds
    1/21/2012 Petr Krcil 1323 Pilsen 2012 Czech Nats

GROUP 27 PRO
    5/19/2011 Isaias Jordao 984 Pilsen 2011 Worlds

OMO
    1/21/2012 Oliver Sonnbichler 1055 Pilsen 2012 Czech Nats

Date Name TQ Location Event
    5/19/2012 Jaroslav Recek 1.585 Red Fox Raceway 2012 Worlds

27 Light
    5/18/2011 Hamilton Veroneze 976 Pilsen 2011 Worlds

Date Name TQ Location Event
    5/16/2012 Petr Krcil 1.818 Red Fox Raceway 2012 Worlds
    Chase Walker

Above Records have been updated on the WR chart.

Slot Car World Records - King Track

Thanks Chase!

PK @ OWH
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Paul, European G12 is a different class then US G12, no weight limit, ball bearings through out, and 4 minute mains, no arm diameter restrictions, etc. A much less restricted class. So you can't combine Pavel Flassig's G12 run with the US Pro G12 records.
    MON THE BIFF !!!

Quote Originally Posted by hesketh View Post
    Paul, European G12 is a different class then US G12, no weight limit, ball bearings through out, and 4 minute mains, no arm diameter restrictions, etc. A much less restricted class. So you can't combine Pavel Flassig's G12 run with the US Pro G12 records.
    I knew something had to be different - but I thought maybe it was longer heats! Nobody chimed in when the thread was first posted before... so I added it with the ?

Now... do I just delete it - or do I need to create yet another new class category???

PK @ OWH

P.S. - I went ahead and added a new "European Group 12" category... but I will need more info if those are not the current records.
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 08-21-2012 at 04:13 AM.
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald

New category is probably best as it's as legitimate a class as our G12, since neither are raced universally. Actually the best title is probably ESROC G12 as that's the sanctioning body that set the rules.
    MON THE BIFF !!!

I'll change it to ESROC G12 and add USRA to the others.

I'm digging though the Pilsen race results for previous records, but I keep getting the darned dates confused.

I'll need any help with corrections if anyone knows of previous records from Europe or Brazil (if they run ESROC G12).

Thanks again!

PFK @ OWH (maybe I'll start using my middle initial... at least in same thread as you... unless your middle initial is also "F")
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald

It's nice to know all the numbers, but these are really just track records for tracks with 5 turns and a donut. Right??
    JUST SHUT UP AND RACE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    It's nice to know all the numbers, but these are really just track records for tracks with 5 turns and a donut. Right??
    Hey Les! Did you let Zippity use your login (or remember "local racer"?) - or were you not paying attention when we had this discussion about 4 bazillion times before???

I know that newer OWH readers often make this comment at some point... but I kinda thought you were around at least a few of the times when this dead horse was beaten before...

Just to refresh your memory, and to reply without looking up any of my previous responses...

Gary Gerding at some point provided a basic description of what he considered the criteria for calling a track a "King Track". It was just a tad more specific then "5 turns and a donut", and included the length, amount of banking, and a few other characteristics... Maybe I'll look up a previous thread and link it, for future reference sometime.

We've had healthy (and some perhaps unhealthy) debates on this topic whenever a record is broken on a new track... PA's, several Gerding's, Pilsen, and now with the "New Generation" Gerding Kings, I'm sure it will crop up again. I even remember way back when we had the same debate when Hasse first started cranking out "Euro" style King Tracks, which tended to erase all the records set on the original American King Tracks.

This is simply my list of records for tracks meeting a very basic criteria of tracks fitting the description of a "King Track". I realize the newer tracks do not compare with the older tracks, and that records continue to be broken as faster tracks are built... but each track is perfectly welcome to keep their own list of "track records".

But YES - every track is slightly different, and King tracks have indeed "evolved" over the years. They are not regulated strictly by a governing body like bowling alleys are... On the other hand... even baseball parks have variances, yet they keep many records for players and teams regardless which ballparks the games were played at.

But it is kinda fun to keep a list of "World Records" - as a historical record of the evolution of our sport, a comparative record of similar tracks around the globe, as well as bragging rights for racers who have made an achievement worthy of recognition, to get their name on the list.

Hey! I even see your name on the list of Group 7 total lap records! I had you on there again for a recent race... but then found a previous race record that preceded your mark. But at least you are on there! It matters to some people more then others, but then there are also many of us who's names are not on the list, who just think it is fun to look at or use as some sort of reference from time to time.

Eventually I'll get the rest of the Gp7 list that I got from JPVR's web site cleaned up and reformatted to match the rest, and with the help of racers & readers, I'll keep updating the records.

As long as people keep asking about records, and posting updates... I consider there is enough interest in it to be worthwhile in keeping up the record list!

Paul K @ OWH
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald

Baseball records are a perfect analogy here, Paul. Land speed records, drag racing records, bicycling records to name a few are effected by the location and conditions, doesn't make them any less valid.
    MON THE BIFF !!!

Paul,
    You are correct!!
    Sorry that I asked a question. Please accept my apology.
    JUST SHUT UP AND RACE!!!!

Baseball records are a perfect analogy here, Paul. Land speed records, drag racing records, bicycling records to name a few are effected by the location and conditions, doesn't make them any less valid.
    Thank you!

I'm sure there must have been plenty of similar debates, especially regarding baseball fans and their favorite pitcher or slugger, who's home field has a much shorter or longer outfield, lower or higher wall, etc. Yet those pitching and batting records are still kept, compared, and used to help determine who gets in the Hall of Fame, or on the cover of the Wheaties box, etc.

The King Track is about as close as we come in our hobby/sport to any sort of "level playing field" to compare records on - since even popular track designs like Hillclimbs, Grandstands, Engleman's, Ovals, and especially flat tracks, even if they are called an "MTT", vary a LOT in length and design. The King Track is really the only "yard stick" we have in this sport.

I have thought a lot about whether I should split it up into different generations of King Tracks (American, Euro, "Next Generation", etc.)... but the more I thought about it, the less the idea appealed to me...

It is up to the readers if they want to regard these records as simply "track records", or as a historical record list that compares achievements on similar tracks around the world.

Now that I have set up the WR chart on Google Docs, it is pretty easy to update it, and it can be imbedded into various threads or web pages, while always being automatically updated wherever it is displayed.

It has taken a lot of time and hard work to compile & keep it up over the years... and it is what it is... I hope that some people find it interesting or informative.

PFK @ OWH
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 08-21-2012 at 08:54 AM.
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    Paul,
    You are correct!!
    Sorry that I asked a question. Please accept my apology.
    It was a valid question - so no problem!

It's just that it's a question that has come up so many times before... that I tend to get a bit defensive (and long winded) in my replies! LOL

I really should find one of those previous threads sometime... and post Gary G's basic description of the King Track that he posted, and my brief (LOL) summary of what the records are meant to represent.

I know that you must have some interest in the records, Les, or you wouldn't have looked (or posted)!

PFK @ OWH
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald

Here's one of them... the "sticky" thread in this sub-forum:
    "World Records" - Brief Guidelines

And then there was this one:
    Possible World Record

which actually has a list to several previous threads in my last post.

I still haven't found that post by Gary G yet, with the King Track basic info...

Last edited by oldweirdherald; 08-21-2012 at 09:44 AM.
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald

new category is probably best as it's as legitimate a class as our g12, since neither are raced universally. Actually the best title is probably esroc g12 as that's the sanctioning body that set the rules.
    *****or name it" world 12" for everything with out weights limits and arm diameter restriction---and----

"boxstock 12" for the usa version of the class....
    "MAY THE FORCE BE IN THE FINGER"
    "Theres no banks in heaven,spend it all on slotcars"
    "WINGS ARE FOR FAIRIES- GTP RACING RULES"

No need to name their class for them, they call it G12 and it's under ESROC rules, We call ours G12 (not boxstock anymore and for a number of years) also except ours are under USRA rules.
    MON THE BIFF !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast