Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pictures=1000 words

Pictures=1000 words

Tried to post pictures for the first time.Followed existing instructions and found my files to be too big.In 1000 words or less,what do I do now?

Change the file format or post on a hosting service and create a link to it.
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

You can try downsizing the pictures on your camera and then upload them, that`s how I do it.

What i do to post a picture is.
    1. take the picture with the camra
    2. upload the picture from the camra to my pictures file
    3. Then i open the picture file and put the mouse pointer on the picture if you don't move the mouse a little bubbly will come up and tell you the size if the picture says it's 2.12 MB it won't fit try to get it down to about 900 KB
    4. To do this i right click the picture and hit edit
    5. It then opens up a new window for your editor with mine i have to go all the way to the bottom right of the picture and their will be a blue dot their if you put the mouse on that blue dot it'll turn into two arrows
    6. with the left mouse button i just move that blue dot and this makes the picture smaller
    7 when your done editing the picture just close it with the x in the top right of the screen (like closing a window) and this will open a little bubbly asking you to save it or cancel it, save it and your done
    8 when it brings you back to your photo file click a different picture and wait a second then put your pointer on the picture you just edited and it should tell you a different picture size then you initially had if it's not small enough them keep editing
    9. once it's small enough and i want to put it in a post i hit go advanced when this screen loads i use the paperclip
    10. when you click the paperclip it opens a new window and in the top right it say's upload photo hit that
    11. then it'll open a new window in that one click select photo
    12. then it'll open your pictues file that contains all your photo's stored on your computer just click the file you want with the picture you just edited click that picture and hit open
    13 that window will close and all you have to do is hit upload again and it should work if you see a little ! their it's still to big and won't work

i know it sounds like alot but it's really not i just edited like 10 photo's in a matter of minutes, then cam on here and posted them all with a typed post describing them all. the whole episode only took me about 4 minutes. ok 10

i'll start right now here is a picture of a baby bat in a local cave. edited already from 2.13 MB to 944 KB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new camra pics 13&#4.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	11575  

So i've got some boom in my trunk!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new camra pics 08&#5.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	11576  

You need to use a photo editor program to reduce the size of your photos... or you can set your camera resolution lower (if you do not need high resolution photos for printing).

Most cameras come with some sort of simple photo download & editor program that will let you re-size, crop, and do basic photo editing.

Many of the popular online photo hosting sites also have photo editing features as well. (Photobucket, Flickr, Picasa, etc.)

List of photo sharing websites - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I use Google Picasa, and I really like how it not only organizes all your photos on your PC, but also automatically uploads and syncs them with your free album online.
    Picasa also has a pretty good photo editor with a lot of features, and is super easy to use.

Best bet is to sign up for a free online photo hosting account, and then simply copy the photo location to post pic in your post.

If you do not have a photo editing program on your PC, there are several free online photo editing sites: ( I Googled "free online photo editing")

1. FotoFlexer - The world's most advanced online photo editor

fotoflexer.com/
      FotoFlexer is the most powerful online photo editor in existence. It can remove blemishes, change skin/hair color, morph photos and more! 100% free.

2. ONLINE PHOTO EDITOR - Edit your photos, pictures and images ...

www.freeonlinephotoeditor.com/
      Edit your photos online on Free Online Photo Editor.com: resize, filters, sepia, crop, rotate and flip, online photo editing, photo editing, photo tool, image editor, ...

3. Photo editor online / free image editing direct in your browser - Pixlr ...

pixlr.com/editor/
      Pixlr Editor is a free online photo editor with a prefessional touch. Fix, adjust and filter your images. Manage your images in your browser, no registration ...

4. iPiccy - Online Photo Editor

ipiccy.com/
      ... editing tools. Edit pictures, apply photo effects add text and paint for free! ... Enjoy free photo editing online and show your creativity with iPiccy editor! Free!

5. Phixr - Online Photo Editor

www.phixr.com/
      Phixr is an online photo editor, a free web-based picture editing tool. You simply edit your photos in your web browser. This makes Phixr the ideal photo solution ...

6. LunaPic | Free Online Photo Editor

www.lunapic.com/
      Open Image Free Online Photo Editor. Photo, liquid and paint effects. Great for Tumblr, Myspace, Facebook or Twitter. Lunapics Image software free image ...

7. DrPic.com Free Web Picture Editor and Image Host - Crop, Resize ...

www.drpic.com/
      Crop, Resize, Add Text, Special Effects, and Host your pictures online for free at DrPic.com. Resize photos before posting them on your MySpace, Xanga, ...

8. piZap - fun photo editor, free photo effects editor, collages, facebook ...

pizap.com/
      piZap.com is a fun & free online photo editor, add funny graphics, fun easy effects, custom text, collages, edit Facebook photos, webcam effects, and edit your ...
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Or simply download and run ImageResizerSetup which runs in the background in Windows Explorer.

A very simple user friendly programme
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

My camra goes from 366 frames (which it's set on) to 11290 frames. i'm pretty sure the camra i have came with a photo editor but i don't think i'm even useing that one all my picture files open with windows picture and fax viewer. so i hit the start bar click my pictures and select the file i want then it opens the (win pic and fax) and then i just right click the picture and edit. i don't know how new or old his computer is but i'm on XP from about 15 years ago, so i know my way around my computer pretty well. lol

Thanks for all the help guys.I will try again soon.Nice bat!

Thank's but i wouldn't necessarily call it my bat. it was just laying around on the ground in the local cave about twenty minutes from my house and while exploring the cave my girl and I just happened to come across it (we actually almost stepped on it).
    we probably scared the life out of it cause the camra beeps when you take a picture and it jumped a little bit but other then that after the photo we just climbed out of the cave and set it free on a tree branch.

Gee thanks guys. I'm at work now. I used my phone to take the pictures. I'll give it another shot latet tonight. Thanks again.

Most cameras have a "VGA" mode. Use that mode when you take pics and they will have an adequately small foot print

I use "shrinkomatic" works great and it is free.....google it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast