Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: American Flat Track Worlds

my big head.

though i have been reallly happy, i am still catching up on sleep, and the win hasnt hit me yet, though i know i did it. yay!

and as for the RC car, instead i bought myself a GREAT stereo system instead, gave $100 to Lee, $40 on matts and my dinner, $50 to parents, and still have some left to spend on slots.

Zip-
    i drive w/ my index finger, and lee says he cant understand how anyone can go fast using that finger

Calypso-
    i hope you DO find a cartman image w/ a big head, then i want to use it.
    NOW, to look at the photos....

and congrats to matt, which i figured out that he took second in the overall points.
    i give my thanx to lee for housing me and the cars,
    and to Paul K for getting me started. (its ALL your fault!)

Paul C-
    it was great meeting you, and you are a fun guy to talk to.
    Enzeder-
    thank you for not nerfing me in the races.
    and to everyone else,
    have a nice day,
    Neal Stewart. MY authoritah!

Thumbs up AFTW Race Results

Wow!

I still haven't caught up on sleep yet, but Chris Radisich already flew home to LA, and still managed to convert the SRT race data to HTML files and send them to me already!

It's going to take me a little while tonight to set up all the pages and links, and add the overall final race results (which SRT doesn't do), but I hope to get that done late tonight if at all possible.

The lap charts Chris converted look great! I'll just have to cut & paste to put the A-B-C heats together and then make a final finish order list, with ties broken, etc., and then link them all from an index page with links to results, the "Almost Live" coverage here, and the Photo Gallery.

Thanks Chris! Also another big thanks to Slik for getting the new Photo Gallery program installed and working in time for this big race!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Congrats to Kirk and the PNW IMCA for putting on a great week-end of racing! The event was enormous. The 1/24 Euro race ended at 1:30 am on Monday morning! I am not positive but i believe there were over 200 entries! That's huge. 32 cars lined up for the GT-12 race alone. If you haven't been to this race you don't know what you're missing. Congratulations to Neal for his impressive win in the 1/24 Euro race and the Grand Champion title. Too bad Matt had to stop for tires in the Euro race. I think it would have been extremely close. That was easily the best race i have ever seen. I had a lot of fun racing even though my results were not that great, but hey i did beat Paul C. in the Gp 10 race by a few feet! He is a neat guy and a great sport. Anyway it was good to see everyone again and look forward to next year!
    Last edited by oldracer2; 07-02-2002 at 09:51 PM.
    OR2

It don't get any better!

It looks like a good time was had by all. Paul, the photos and the viewing system really make it a pleasure to see what took place.

Congrats to all the winners. Especially to you NEAL. Quite impressive!

Congrats to all the participants for you efforts as I know my SHS experience was wonderful even without any wins.

Jim

2002 AFTW Results & Photos Online

The 2002 American Flat Track Worlds, aka "The Flats" race results, complete with links to lap charts for every heat of racing, and links to 14 page photo gallery, are online!

This was a great race, with tough competition and a lot of fun!

Click here for complete 2002 AFTW Results & Photos!

A BIG THANK YOU to Chris Radisich for converting the race results to HTML for me, and to Rob "Slik" Sliker Jr. for installing & setting up the OWH Photo Gallery program! They made the job a TON easier, and made it possible to get it online fast!
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234