+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Our Good freind Paul Meiers passes

Our Good freind Paul Meiers passes

I just got the phone call that Paul Meiers has passed away on December 13th. Here is a link to his obit: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pos...90#fbLoggedOut

Paul had no immediate family left around here. He will be very missed.

RIP my friend.......................
    Why make it tougher than it really is?
    e-mail: scrgeo@comcast.net

Paul L. Meiers, age 65, of Bethel Park, passed away unexpectedly on Thursday, December 13, 2012. Beloved son of the late Lawrence and Henrietta (Butler) Meiers; loving nephew of the late Harriett Butler; also survived by many cousins and friends. Paul was the former publisher of Slot Car Bulletin magazine and was a longtime employee with the State Wine and Spirit store.

They had a Memorial service for him last Monday. If I can find any more details, I will post it here.
    Why make it tougher than it really is?
    e-mail: scrgeo@comcast.net

I knew Paul thru my friend, Dan Artman, in Mineral Ridge, Ohio. When I first started regional racing, now quite a few years ago as part of the TRRS series, Dan and Paul were the first racers to really tutor me on how to set up and drive a car on a flat track. Both are now gone. I've never stopped missing Dan, now I miss both.

Rest in peace, Paul. I'll put you in my prayers.

Greg

Was a avid fan of Slot Car Bulletin magazine.

I subscribed quit a few years to Slot Car Bulletin magazine. Still kept the issues.

Also fondly remember talking to Paul alot when he would come to the Tri-State USRA series.

I always respected his contribution to our hobby. He put a lot of effort into putting out that quality magazine and it showed throughout the pages.

I'll miss ya bro'

Dave

Wow,

I am speechless at this moment. I just spoke with Paul some weeks back, he seemed good at that time.
    Paul was a good friend and avid supporter of slot car racing as a whole. I have a full box of all of his magazines.
    He was instrumental in re-launching the Division 1 Tri-State series with me in the mid to late 2000's.

Paul, you will surely be missed by many.

Ron and Cheryl Van Wagnen
    Work harder. Millions on welfare depend on you!

I am sorry to get this news today about Pauls passing. He will be miss by all of us in the slot racing community.
    Rest in Peace my friend!

Home of the 2007 USRA Nats and a pretty fast King Track
    A true ambassador for the hobby.

Paul and I spoke not long ago, he was excited that we raced on Sundays and as he worked Saturdays, a Sunday race he thought he may be able to get away and race with us some. never did happen I'm afraid.

Rest in Peace my friend.
    I'm from Missouri, you have to show me

Racers:
    I raced w/ Paul since the mid 80's in the Tri State series. He was also one of the founding members of the Tri State ISRA series. The Ice Breaker was his idea for a destination race in this region for High End Scale cars. The Ice Breaker and Tri State ISRA series in 10 years old, Paul would be pleased. Our series had dealt w/ great loss over the years starting w/ Dan Artman, Rick "Wink" Winkleman and now Paul Meiers, somehow we get thru it, but it still hurts. Goodbye and Rest in Peace to the guy on Red Lane.
    Tri State ISRA Racers

Sad to hear this.

I last spoke with Paul shortly after getting elected to my first term as USRA National Director. His first comment was "what took so long for you to become involved". I took the comment as an endorsement and he was always helpful. I still have all of the issues of "Slot Car Bulletin" and of my memories of Paul are great and include many about his beloved Steelers.

R.I.P. My Friend
    Milton Gamble,
    USRA National Director

So Sad,
    Paul made me more famous than I ever deserved to be. Paul raced in the Tri-State series and would report on all of our races in Slot Car Bulletin. When I would go to an unfamilier raceway people who I had never met would greet me just because the had read his magazine. Paul was always very kind to me in his reports and unfortunatley I never thanked him for that.
    I miss his magazine and will miss him even more.
    God Bless You Paul,
    Spove
    Skidmarks
    230 S. Averill
    Flint, Mi 48506

+ Reply to Thread