Thread: Slot racing covered on Gearz on the Speed Channel.

Slot racing covered on Gearz on the Speed Channel.

There was some coverage of slot racing's history and future on Gearz recently.

The historical stuff was presented well, but as far as the producers are concerned, all that goes on now is home racing with an emphasis on Carerra (sp?) in particular.

Here's a link to some video clips etc.:

http://staceydavid.com/episodes/drag...rera-slot-cars
    "Bring your ballistic $hit and your asbestos shorts, nobody gets out alive." Paul Kovich

This was actually a repeat of an episode from a while back - not sure the original air date - but it was season 6 episode 2.

I think this was posted here when it first aired... and I cringed again when I tried to watch it.
    Of course - ANY mainstream exposure of our hobby is a good thing... but this guy doesn't exactly portray the hobby exactly in the best light... (to put it mildly)

But... I guess, like many of us, he's a bit of a 12 year old at heart. I'd be willing to bet that Carrera USA provided the race set - and I'm betting that they might have even cringed a bit when they saw him crashing & thrashing the cars so much.

Here's the 2 videos with the slot car segment:

PK @ OWH
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I know. Considering how "gear head" oriented that show is, you'd think that a video shot during a wing car race would have been more appropriate, even though it might not represent the true future of the thing.

Anyway, it was the 1st time I had seen it. Sorry for the re-run.
    "Bring your ballistic $hit and your asbestos shorts, nobody gets out alive." Paul Kovich