+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Falcon 7 motor

New Falcon 7 motor

The new batch of Falcon 7 motors currently in the works will land sometimes in March in the USA.

The motor will feature some changes to make it even more reliable and especially longer lasting. These changes will apparently involve several minor improvements that will make it easier to use for most racers:

-A shorter shaft on the pinion side, meaning that it will no longer be necessary to cut the shaft for either sidewinder or inline use before fitting the pinion.

-A longer shaft on the endbell side to allow for use of a commutator cooler.

-Brushes will get a "proper" orientation, rotating 90-degree from their current position, meaning less break-in time and better comm track from the beginning of use, and especially, much longer life in the process.

We at Topline Inc. have never quite understood why all those Chinese motors of "FK" basic design from virtually all brands have had their brushes wrongly oriented all that time! Hard to fathom but likely due to the copycat ways of the Chinese... Well, at last this will be corrected, and motor life should increase dramatically as this is being implemented.

The white lines were added on the pictures to reflect the actual track of the brush. This improvement required a new brush holder, that will be actually stronger and should provide a more consistent pressure.

A new commutator cooler will also be made available for fitment on the longer shaft, to be applied with the heat of a soldering iron and slipped hot onto the shaft.

Despite the higher cost due to huge increases in the cost of copper, magnet material and steel in China, t he retail price will remain the same at $11.95.

Topline Inc. expects the break-in period of the new motor to be reduced dramatically and some performance improvement since the brush will track on the commutator in a much more logical fashion, avoiding the "dual groove" wear pattern of virtually all the currently produced "FK" sized motors.

Topline Inc. apologizes to its customers for the delay in manufacturing this improved motor and will do its utmost to supply its distributors as quickly as possible as the shipment from China is received.
    Last edited by Topline Inc.; 01-29-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Retail price??

$11.95...With 'normal' brushes and stronger brush holders. Longer comm side shaft with shorter can side shaft

PHIL I.

What about the Brush compound? Currently they seem to be too soft and wear out very quickly then no brakes and lack of preformance follows. Harder brush should make it better all around. If this is a copy of the Evil motor they are not much better than the current F7.

How many others noted that the real difference between the "Old" and the "New" photos was the judicious use of Photoshop?

That says to me that there have been no tests done with the new brush orientation, and that the market will be supplied with an untested product.

I hope that we do not have to find out with our money why the brushes were always oriented the other way ever since Mabuchi made these motors in Japan.

Now if the new brush plates are thicker/stronger and therefore apply more pressure to the brushes, THAT might result in some performance improvements, especially a little more brakes as the motor gets older. Hopefully that's the case.
    Dennis Samson

Scratchbuilding is life
    Life is scratchbuilt

Samson Classics

San Diego at the beach of course, love babes
    Well considering the source, what do you expect?
    Oh well the old photo shop editing.

Nesta
    I'm the most boring person you could meet.

San Diego at the beach of course, love babes
    Interesting the person that posted it's his/she first post?
    Looking at the other place it was a he?

Nesta
    I'm the most boring person you could meet.

Those sound like good changes for the soon to arrive Falcon type motor. Until the new motors arrive the current Falcon 7 motors are still a good motor for low buck racing.
    Last edited by PCHPartsExpress; 03-10-2013 at 12:59 PM.

The new Falcon 7 motors are not yet for sale. But there are still current Falcon 7 motors out there to purchase.

Any updates regarding a supply date?
    Zippity

Wellington Slot Car Club's home page

Latest newspaper headline reads: "A cyclist is hit by a car and injured in Wellington almost every three days".
    I ask: "Why don't the police take his bike from him?"

I'm thinking its a hoax! Its been a while.
    KellyRacing
    R-Geo

Maybe it will come out jointly with the "new" Kelly Flexi Chassis!! LOL!

Bernie Schatz

Maybe they are on a Falcon powered boat from CHINA.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Maybe they are on a Falcon powered boat from CHINA.
    Maybe they're coming in a rowboat.
    I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me.

if they were shipped from Cuba, they would have been here months ago, in an old VW bug and a couple oars!!
    IDAHO SCC
    dub motors
    herminator tires
    PMP chassis
    Redfox
    BBB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 LastLast