Thread: Pocket T-Shirts....

Pocket T-Shirts....

I'm surprised more racers don't wear them. We lose a lot of time running back and forth to the pits switching gears, axles, braid...etc.

I saw Mario Schone , who had a black CRP pocket t, full of replacement parts, replace a complete rear end at the 2000 barn burner during opens in about six laps or so(maybe faster, I don't recall). That's what did it for me. I thought, this dude has it together. I usually wear my CRP pocket t and load up the pocket with whatever I think will break and try to be prepared. Old habits die hard for some, I suppose. Just putting a suggestion out there. Even a little box that you can carry along next to your controller(Richie Liontonia and Beuf are known for this) cuts time.

20 years ago the majority of racers wore a cheap cloth 2 pocket apron, like those one gets for $.99 at Lowes or Home Depot. We also pinned braid to our shirts, then looked like morons when we went to a convenience store...
    Ben Kernan
    Formerly of SARN

2 pocket apron most of the time. I also use it to transport cars as I am in a wheelchair as I have dropped many cars from my lap.

OLPHRT
    PHIL I.

Most people nowadays bring along a "Pit Caddy" with them to the driver's panel with all of the essentials. No need for pocketed shirts!
    Chase Walker

Like an iPhone 5 box?