Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driving styles from East to West.

Tim,
    Too funny! Liked to have seen that. Some of those guys like to weave around a bit. Its all good. you know, what ever is comfortable, right?

San Diego at the beach of course, love babes
    Well Fiddler you never show up? But you sure talk a lot on the forums and you sure know all the guys don't ya?
    I guess you are a keyboard racer after all, aren't you???

Nesta
    I'm the most boring person you could meet.

Dang Nesta, I was at SWC for the Fri. coupe races and volunteered for turn marshalling in 1/32 races. Where were you!? You know, when you do your picture taking and race reports, I give you kudos for that; they are well deserved. But please leave my attendance at races go. As mentioned before Nesta; I'm only a part time racer. And I like it like that. Ok with you!?

DO what ever you want to do, I don't care at all.
    See you now and then.

Nesta

Then please stop bringing it up. This is all I ask. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 68Deville View Post
    DO what ever you want to do, I don't care at all.
    See you now and then.

Nesta
    Here's what I think Nesta really meant to say (or perhaps - how he should have said it?):

"Wow - I'm so glad to hear that you are still enjoying other types of slot car racing! Aren't we lucky that there are so many different ways to enjoy this hobby that we all love so much!

And it is so great that we have forums like OWH Slot Car Talk where we can go online and share all these different aspects of this hobby with friends and fellow slot car racers from all over the world here online!

We really miss seeing you at Buena Park Raceway, and hope that you can drop by again some time soon! The Retro racing at BPR has been really growing and I enjoy it a lot, and I would love to see you come by and share the fun again!"
    Of course - I'm paraphrasing just a tad (LOL ), and pardon me Nesta, for putting words in your mouth... but doesn't that sound a lot more positive when reworded this way???

I'm yanking your chain Nesta - but also I am always trying to keep things positive and I'm constantly reminding everyone... that we do this hobby for FUN! There are SOOOOO many different ways to enjoy this hobby. We are so fortunate to have met so many friends - both at the raceways as well as here online - and it is a privilege to share this hobby with others who also share that enjoyment, no matter which types of slot car racing we each chose to participate in!

I do realize that sometimes your intentions can be misread a bit in translation, and I'm assuming that English was not always your primary language?

But you also are guilty of occasionally letting your own bias and preferences get in the way, and possibly cause you to forget your manners and forum etiquette at times...
    That is what tends to ruffle feathers sometimes... certainly not all the other great stuff you share!

This is a hobby and we're here to have fun.

And as you have posted many many times - it is that camaraderie of racing with friends that is often the most fun about this hobby!

It's all good!

Paul K @ OWH
    (dusting off my rosey colored "mom" glasses once again)
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 08-04-2013 at 07:52 PM.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mom you are the raw model for moderating post in my mind and I have to say what you do is all good.
    When I read this I will conform to your logic and its a good one.
    Have to say I wish that other moderators out there would learn from your way to handle situations the way you do.
    Me and Tom has not a grippe and I will let him know my thoughts in private with him next time I meet him.
    There are things I do that is not done the right way and the same thing goes the other way.
    I guess it is what it is?

Nesta

I prefer the Stevie Wonder style of swaying back and forth, only problem is if you're next to a racer with the opposite style sway. I've bumped my head and can't find my car.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My other car is a Manta Ray

Thanks PK. Nesta, I'm good. I'll see ya shortly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12