Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some video clips from BPR, the dilemma!

San Diego at the beach of course, love babes

Some video clips from BPR, the dilemma, Mike Steube's great interview.

This is what I got on my plate and that is my first years at BPR to film slot cars.
    Its video's from the first Zombie race and up to the fall of D3.
    I think we have ( we is me and Flygirl) about 45 to 50 hours of video clips with the guys like Pete Zimmerman and Mike Steube excellent great interview that he gave us and other great racers.
    What you see in the box might go to "no where land "and I sure would not like to see that.
    You need to click on last two pictures to see the pic.

The clips is much better then what you see, this pics I just pointed my camera on the video camera and shot it.
    Lot of Professor Motor controllers back then and the guys got the job done.

Have not seen this guys for a long time maybe they are gone forever or they will show up again?
    What race was this? I think it was the last enduro race held at BPR and I was hoping for more, it did not happened.
    Click on the last two pictures to get the video going.

Maybe this was the last Endouro race at BPR?
    This bad clips took me one hour to copy?
    I have some great interviews with Mike Steube and he was great, maybe I will down load some of it , but the question is what to do with this material?
    Maybe I need some help from the Cali guys to put this stuff on a DVD for the small group left racing Retro cars?

Nesta
    Last edited by 68Deville; 08-10-2013 at 10:56 PM.
    I'm the most boring person you could meet.

Years later watching this video I finally understand what Mike try to tell me and others.
    It was about racing and when to pass and when to let go, never got it until tonight.
    Thanks Mike for those words of experience of yours.
    It took me years to do all the mistake but it took Mike a few minutes to explain it to me and I just got it tonight.
    I maybe will post this part of his great interview of this?
    Thanks Mike for all your words and giving us the novices advise.

Nesta

Well I need to find another way to upload clips!
    If this works outs its all good but it took 45minutes to do that.
    Click on the image to get the video.

This is not the video I wanted to upload. I will post it tomorrow.

Nesta

You can embed the videos by using the embed code on photobucket.

Under "Links to share this video" - click on the "HTML" and it will copy the code - then paste it here.

Looks like your video camera uses the same mini-dvr tapes that mine does. I have a Sony video camera. Not long after I got it, they started going to using CD's (a real PITA IMO), and then went to using SD cards. I wish I had waited and got one with SD card.

I have boxes of tapes full of slot car stuff, plus travel stuff... but my Sony video software will not work on my Windows 7 PC now...
    I'll probably have to get my old PC sent here so I can start viewing, saving, and editing some of my videos.

If you uploaded your videos to YouTube, LMK - then I can add them to my Playlist and they would be included on my Slot Car Videos page on OWH:

http://www.oldweirdherald.com/videos/

I know it will take a ton of time to go through our old tapes - but there is bound to be some real gold buried among those tapes!

PK
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Thanks PK, for the tip lets try it, as well I like to tell ya the Flygirl told me it's much better to get message from PK then PDL.

Did not work PK?

http://s62.photobucket.com/user/cadd...005-1.mp4.html

BTW this short clip that I took from TV took me one hour to down load to Photobucket???

Nesta
    Last edited by 68Deville; 08-11-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Hmmmm... I copied the HTML embed code... but it's saying video not found. (on yours and mine)

At least the text link works..

I never tried posting videos from photobucket before - but I've done it from YouTube many times.

Have you tried uploading the video to YouTube? There must be some sort of compression setting that should shorten the upload time... It shouldn't take so long to upload!

Why are you filming it from your TV??? Can't you upload it directly from your PC to photobucket or YouTube????
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald

Mom you are killing me.
    Thanks for your help.

Nesta

This is why you should never mess with the Nerds on the AV squad. They are the Cool Guys now.

Nesta, I hope you get this figured out. Your photos are always a treat. These videos should be a picnic.

Thanks for taking the time to share this with us.

BTW....I see lots of smiles on the racer's faces at BPR. Looks like if you can't have fun there,you can't have fun anywhere!

Sam

Sam they are good guys but they are as well nags!
    I will post some of the Zombie race that I personally thought was the funnest for me, of course that was the first time I raced on commercial track. What a mistake that was?
    Some pics of the best race I been in at BPR the Zombie race, and I was a North Cal guy at that time and the best trash talk on Deadblog. Of course I was the new clown back then and I did not have a clue what was bad then!

Nesta
    Last edited by 68Deville; 08-12-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Well this is a family joke and we love it ( Family is me and Flygirl) John you sure broke this girls heart?
    Its all fun and we are still laughing at it.
    CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO GET THE VIDEO.

WARMACK and PETE.

Time to look for PDL.

Nesta

I guess I won't post any more of this stuff for ya, from know on its going to stay in my box.
    Sure I would liked to see you clap your hands like seals.

Nesta

Hey Nesta!

Did you ever think that maybe people are still too busy watching the videos to post any comments?

Or maybe just nothing comes to mind to say about them!

I'm sure many people enjoy seeing the videos, especially those who know or know of the notable racers in them (Cukras, Steube, Zimmerman, etc...).

I'm a bit frustrated that the embed code doesn't work from Photobucket... not a big fan of Photobucket, and not that familiar with it, myself.

I'm much more puzzled as to your methods - and I am afraid that you may be going through MUCH MUCH more work then you really need to.

I am guessing that this is what you are doing:

I think the videos were taken with an older video camera (possibly a Sony just like mine perhaps) that uses mini-dvr tapes.

You either do not have, or do not know how to use, the software needed to download the tapes from your video camera to your PC.

So... you plugged the camera into your TV set to play the tapes - and then used a newer digital video camera (probably uses an SD card) to film the video off of TV set, then loading that SD digital video onto your PC... so it can then be uploaded to Photobucket.

Did I guess right??? I can't imagine why else you would be going through twice as much effort and why else you would be filming the videos off of your TV set.

As I mentioned previously... my Sony software that came with my camera, as well as the Sony Vegas video software, is not compatible with my Windows 7 PC. But I have been trying to figure out other ways to either update my software or use a different software to import the videos. I can not fathom the thought of sitting there re-filming the videos off of the TV set!

Besides being a horrible consumption of time (but perhaps not nearly as bad as Facebook! LOL)... the quality of the TV recorded video is degraded substantially from the original. I realize I'm more then a bit OCD... so the inefficiency as well as the loss of quality both tend to bug me more then most people.

Can you imagine if you re-recorded your Bob Marley records using that same sort of method, how it might sound???
    (hmmm... maybe about the same in that case... JUST KIDDING!!!!) LOL

Before you spend much more time re-recording more videos... please let me see if I can help you save a bunch of time. Hopefully I can suggest a method that will save you a ton of time, and keep the videos in their original quality.

Let me know if I guessed your method and the reasons correctly... and I'll look for some free video importing software (I might know of a couple that I have not tried yet).

Meanwhile - I'll scroll up and watch some more of your videos!

PK @ OWH

P.S. - Please don't take this wrong or get upset with me! I'm really just trying to help!!!!
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 08-13-2013 at 02:41 AM.
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald

Yeap Mom you got it right,
    So... you plugged the camera into your TV set to play the tapes - and then used a newer digital video camera (probably uses an SD card) to film the video off of TV set, then loading that SD digital video onto your PC... so it can then be uploaded to Photobucket.
    that's what I do.
    I'm just viewing the material and If I found a short bit that I like then I share it with the guys.
    Flygirl has the software for converting the material but I have not learned it yet.
    50 more hours to view.
    PS Marley gets the best treatment for me.

Nesta

Hey, well I thought it was all good Nesta. I recorded some of the streams. Great memories that are fading fast.

Thanks Mark, I know this was redneck type of taping but I just wanted to show some of it.
    Do you guys want to see more Steube?

Nesta

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast