+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What are the closest matched 1/24 motors for a weekly hardbody racing series?

What are the closest matched 1/24 motors for a weekly hardbody racing series?

Hi Guys,
    I'm looking for opinions on what the closest matched motors are that are modestly priced for a weekly 1/24 scale NASCAR hardbody race series. We use FCR and H and R style brass chassis 9/33 gear ratio and silicone rear tires on a wood routed track. i have betwwen 8 -12 racers a week and a total count of around 18 or so.

Thanks

Go with FX 16D or S16 D with Chinese arms. Both motors are under $15 and are reasonably consistent. They are both strong and reliable too compared to other comparably priced motors. If/when one blows up (I have several that are 7 years old) pop in an American arm and you have a very competitive motor for Nascar.
    Randy

At Mid America near Chicago, we are using FKs with the hardbodies on FCR/H&R/modified womps with one inch foam tires . The falcon and TSR are a little slower than the demon. Have not added the JK hawks to the list or the slower S-7. Nascar to pony car model kit
    bodies on several tracks.

Our (primarily 1/32) homeset racing club (WWW.greatlakesscc.com) runs a 1/24 class on the smaller club tracks with the Ninco NC-2 motor (>20,000 rpm).
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

50 year pin 1959-2009
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2009 member 0028
    retired raceway owner(for now)
    Omni/Cidex service center

Hawk 25 with spec gear and tire

Quote Originally Posted by racin View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I'm looking for opinions on what the closest matched motors are that are modestly priced for a weekly 1/24 scale NASCAR hardbody race series. We use FCR and H and R style brass chassis 9/33 gear ratio and silicone rear tires on a wood routed track. i have betwwen 8 -12 racers a week and a total count of around 18 or so.

Thanks
    I've seen guys race the H&R chassis, Hardbody, with H&R's cobra motor on a flat track at the SpeedZone in NJ. It's a cheap motor and comes in 2 flavors a 20,000 rpm and a 40,000 rpm. Guess it depends on your track and how fast you want to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My other car is a Manta Ray

What type of track do you race on, length, and what voltage? What is the current lap times are you running and what lap times are you shooting for?

Can you post a pic of the track?

It's the 12 X 30 105 ft Ogilvie hill climb as seen here. http://tiffanyweb.bmts.com/~ogilvie/...ill_Climb.html We run about 7 second laps with 12 volts. I'm looking for about the same performance. Really looking for a motor that is consistent and will last a while.

+ Reply to Thread