Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S.C.R.R.A. Retro Race Saturday September 14th, 2013 At Buena Park Raceway!

So when you come to BPR, shouldn't you run what is sold at the counter? In this case, TSRs or Falcons. And if 65 turns is the standard, then that eliminates the Hawks anyway.
    Dennis Samson

Scratchbuilding is life
    Life is scratchbuilt

Samson Classics

I'm making an observation about choices of motors. WE run Hawks just like I said because that's what is sold HERE. Nothing more, nothing less. I've beat Hawks with both Falcon 7's and TSR's. WE allow any FK motor to run as well as PCH does.( so I read). Maybe we should just stick with oilites and keep the fun to ourselves. Whatever we do, I'm sure it won't quite suit everyone in Orange County.

Thought the Hawk has only 60t

Jason

Mark,

It's very simple. If the rules allow a Hawk 7, then use one.

If the rules do not allow a Hawk 7, then either replace it with a legal motor or don't race.

It's not about what suits anyone. It's about applying the established rules.
    Dennis Samson

Scratchbuilding is life
    Life is scratchbuilt

Samson Classics

Dennis, simple is, we will have our local fun. You have yours IF that is your goal. We're not TSR slaves here and neither is the rest of the slot world. If BP wants to be an island unto itself, that's your choice. The BB issue here has been essentially solved. I was outspoken about that issue because it alienated visitors.

Eventually, TSR-D3 ( TSR-SCRRA?)motors will be history unless there are new boatloads coming in. The motor wasn't designed for home set use. It cannot be used in anglewinders. Why not save remaining stock for handouts at Checkpoint, Western States and Festival of Speed races? The TSR's will get used up in time. Meanwhile there are these motors with correct brush integration that last a lot longer. FWIW
    Last edited by Mid-Cal Racer; 09-18-2013 at 12:28 PM.

San Diego at the beach of course, love babes
    Mark they are just picking at you! You should know this by know? I think what is going on is that there is some interest groups out there that are still supporting PDL, why I will never know but I do know why.
    That is another story, so Mark kill them with love!
    BTW Dennis their is no Falcon7's to buy at BPR.

Nesta
    Last edited by 68Deville; 09-18-2013 at 06:40 PM.
    I'm the most boring person you could meet.

Nesta,

I know there are no Falcons available at BPR, but that should not be a reason for allowing some people to run a non-approved motor while everyone else uses the alternative legal motor.

And I am not picking on Mark or on anyone else either, not even you. This is not about people or about motors really. It's about applying an established set of rules consistently and fairly.

If there was no other legal motor available, then I am sure the SCRRA officers would come up with some alternatives until they had either approved new motors or the stocks were replenished. But since there are still plenty of legal motors available there is no reason to allow anyone to run an illegal one.
    Last edited by gascarnut; 09-18-2013 at 10:07 PM.
    Dennis Samson

Scratchbuilding is life
    Life is scratchbuilt

Samson Classics

Dennis, its seems that Nesta is correct in saying there are a number of special interest individuals who are pushing a soon to be extinct motor. All well and good to a point. When the TSR-D3 motor supply has been exhausted, then what? Someone knows how many are left. How about some disclosure? I think BP racers are entitled to know about availability of the only legal motor at this time. Everyone around, Foster's, PCH, and I see the Cave as well, all allow reasonable choice of motors. I can't imagine any reason for the TSR-D3 to exist beyond what stock is left. As I said, the TSR motor is perfect for specialty hand out events.

Mark,

There are no special interests involved from the racers' point of view, except for those who want to use an out-of-stock situation to circumvent the rules. Nobody in SCRRA or at BPR is "pushing" anything. None of them had any influence over the delayed delivery of the new batch of Falcon motors.

Granted, a case could be made that since both Falcons and TSR D3s are managed by the same people, the delay could have been engineered by them in order to use up the inventory of D3 motors, but since the total market for Falcons is so much bigger, that would not make economic sense.

How about helping us all to get rid of the stocks of this "soon to be extinct" motor even quicker, and help BPR at the same time, by running these motors when you race with us?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation!

Over and out.
    Dennis Samson

Scratchbuilding is life
    Life is scratchbuilt

Samson Classics

Dennis, I have no beef with using TSR motors. I recently won a local race with one of Doug's motors that I happen to get hold of (long story). Imagine beating Hawks with a used Doug TSR motor, lol ! No, I don't think it was a collapsed can either. The point being that in several cases, the Hawks aren't necessarily the winners. The most important point you made was that the TSR and Falcon 7's are managed by the same people. The consequence of delaying delivery of Falcons (if that is the case) would be the rise of the readily available Demon and Trinity motors which are catching on rapidly. The delay will benefit BP racers only, and if that is the intention, its working very well. -m

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Holmes View Post
    open the can and the worms will crawl out

jason
    Now thats funny right there!

Mark---I"m using TSR motors as "anglewinders"!! No reason not to!! They only won't work in FLEXI'S -- I won two class's at the Hard Body Nats using my own chassis built with TSR motors as anglewinders!! I've also got a couple of 1/32 Retro anglewinders that use TSR motors!! Ya just have to build it for driving on the other side!!! And NO---why should SCRRA allow Hawk motors when they DON'T MEET THE SPEC?????? Neither do the Demon's or Evil ones!!
    TSR's are readily available---and Falcon's will be soon! Either meet the rules-- or don't! If' you don't--you don't race. Simple huh??

Now Jk has a new hawk retro that meets the spec of 65T and will be legal on the east coast Oct 1, 13 we could try them but for now I will wait for the F7's return

Jason

It would sure make sense for Jerry to be aligned to the 65T standard.

Tim, I've built CCW anglewinders too. The Falcon 2 is CCW that I use in 1/32. There isn't that many that actually build anglewinders.
    Its a very very teeny tiny segment of the slot world that goes out of its way to build for backwards rotation. Retro Anglewinder Coupes race twice a year. I'll give ya that. There's a few out there that are built for the TSR. Once the TSR's are gone, the car becomes useless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12