Thread: RIP Friend

RIP Friend

Titans over Steelers in the Opener.......thinking about my buddy Paul Meiers......he loved his Steelers
    Milton Gamble

Funny you should mention Paul, Milton.

It was just a few Saturdays ago I had a mild day dream about some of the late Saturday nights Dan Artman, Paul and myself would spend at the local Perkins after a full night of weekly racing. We would run classes on all three of the tracks and sometime two classes. Dan would sell parts and Paul would race direct if he was not competing.
    Paul and Dan could talk about anything for any length of time... often until the weeee hours.
    Thanks for the reminder of a good friend gone too soon.
    RVW
    Work harder. Millions on welfare depend on you!

I was talking to Rick Jr. the last race and thinking about Paul. So hard to believe he's gone, to me. We also had many after race chats over beers and burgers. RIP, my friend!....
    Why make it tougher than it really is?
    e-mail: scrgeo@comcast.net

Amen...

I miss those times as well...

Not many realize this but GT12 was born at one of these late night BS sessions and also the Seniors Gp.7 race for the NATS, now listed as Geezer. And they are both still popular today............
    Why make it tougher than it really is?
    e-mail: scrgeo@comcast.net

My last memory of speaking with Paul by phone was shortly after I was elected National Director of the USRA. I called Paul in search of some history of the formation and intent of the early leaders of the USRA. His first comment was "what took them so long"? I took that as a supreme compliment and endorsement from a friend that I respected a lot.
    Milton Gamble