Thread: Whats a good chassis for nascar racing

Whats a good chassis for nascar racing

I have been away from the hobby for quite some time. What is a good chassis for oval and road course Nascar style racing. I'll be using a 16d motor and 4.5 wheel base on a commercial wood track. Also some basic gearing info. Thank in advance for your help. Slot Dog

4.5" wheelbase will limit your choices. You're most likely going to be limited to the JK Cheetah 7 and the Champion Turbo-Flex. Both are good. Most people find the Turbo-flex easier to drive, build and setup, and they take a hit really well. The Cheetah 7 may be faster, but might be a little harder to drive... Some consider it "Twitchy", but in the right hands, it seems to be a bit faster.

Gearing would be dependent on the track. I would talk to the local fast guys, or the track owner and find out what they suggest for the chassis, body and gearing for your particular tracks.
    Michael Colvin

Another choice is JK Products 4 1/2" Chassis with Slot (stainless steel) - JK25231S.
    http://www.e-slotcar.com/product/9351.aspx

Agree with Mike. Just getting back into racing; take the Champion 1st and the JK Cheetah 7 later. Track AND Motor both impact the gearing. Your raceway should be able to assist...

Another option with the JK is that you can change pans for oval racing to bias the weight without adding lead weights with aluminum pans...wish he offered a brass left side pan...

FCR is another world as well. We race them around Chi-town in standard form and with hardbody kits with one inch tires. Stretching womps is also common for a lighter hardbody.
    l.d. kelley, M.A. Ramcatlarry@aol.com

60 year pin 1959-2019
    Racing slot cars in America
    USRA 2019 member
    IRRA, ISRA/USA, Hardbodies 1/24 &
    1/32 - Great Lakes Slot Car Club
    retired raceway owner 1992-2007
    Omni/Cidex service center

If your rules allow modified chassis, I build a 4" "Cheatah" chassis with extended guide tongue and 4 1/2 wheelbase that is lighter than any of these and outhandles them on many tracks.