Thread: Lapmaster remote

Lapmaster remote

Have very limited range on the remote setting are correct and handheld has new battery anyone have an idea
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Is there any obstruction between the Lapmaster unit and the handheld unit?

The range of the LapMaster remote in optimum conditions (free air between LapMaster box and the remote) is approx. 100 feet.

This range are reduced when there is obstrackles between the LapMaster box and the handheld remote. Wood does not have as big an impact as concrete and metal.
    You body and especially your hand can also have an impact. It is exactly the same as a mobil phone. The way you hold the transmitter can be of significans.

Try to see if you can move your LapMaster box slightly, to give it a better line of sight. "Pointing" the remote and a loose grip on it might also improve the range.

If drastic measures are required, the receiver is a separate component in the LapMaster box, and it can be removed and located in a separate plastic box using a 3 wire connection for better reception.

Finally make sure that the replacement batteries are "12 volt". Unfortunatly batteries of similar physical design giving only 3 volt's exist. It would be possible to make a mistake here.
    Last edited by slotcarsten; 12-20-2013 at 02:58 AM.
    Best regards,
    Carsten Groennemann.

ok checked battery and its a fresh 12 volt not 1 of the best but from radio shack system has very limited range it will turn off up to about 8 feet but you need to be right next to it to turn it back on . raised control box to track level and put on chair this made little difference if any. Brought new 12 volt battery's a name brand will try this next time i get to the club.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

My remote works just fine. The track is in the basement and the longest distance I have tried to use it is about 20-25 feet. The Lapmaster box is mounted under the track and about 16 inches of the concrete floor. I wonder if there is an antenna wire or something that could be installed to increase the range for you?
    Have a Great Day
    Mark

"Racing is life........Everything else,,,,,,,,,, is just waiting" Steve McQueen in Le Mans

"There are only two things in this world that make me feel alive. Racing is one of them." Mark H

Hi Mic.

PM me with your mail address.
    Something is definitly wrong, but I have a hard time to pinpoint it from pure speculation.
    I will then send you a new transmitter and a new receiver module. Then we will have something to Work with in trying to resolve the matter.
    Best regards,
    Carsten Groennemann.

Carsten
    Got the parts Thanks . tested new remote same thing will change board soon . Question the old board looks nothing like the new 1 but it does have 3 wires but not same color or location. should I assume red black is power and the third wire is the trip ?
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

The source from where I got the parts changed their design.
    However the function is the same.

Red and Black is 12 volt power. Actaul they connect to a rectifier bridge, so polarity dosn't matter.
    The 3 wire, (Purple or Orange) is the trigger.
    Best regards,
    Carsten Groennemann.