Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Journey Begins

Finally getting ready to paint the floor!

Maybe we can get the track in by next weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140729_213137.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	14822  

Alan Ingram

FINALLY !

Floor is painted!

In 72 hrs I can start bringing the Hillclimb in....

Name:	20140811_210723.jpeg 
Views:	173 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	14850  

Alan Ingram

Back on track

We have been spending quite a bit of time lately. Its really coming together.

For anyone interested..... we will be working this Saturday and would welcome any visitors/helpers. Anytime after 10

Name:	retail..jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	15288  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front view..jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	15289  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	track 2-2015..jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	15290  

Alan Ingram

Well I tried to upload pictures a while back but couldn't seem to get them to work... This time they did !

We made some changes to our floor plan and put the tables up. Comfortable room for 22 pit spaces out front with overflow in the back room. The drag strip has been reduced to 1/8th mile and will fit nicely along the left wall. Picked up a VERY nice tall display case for a little bit of nothing. We also finished refurbishing the original display case that we had purchased. The large back counter/cabinet will get a face lift. The top will get covered in a Orange and white checkered laminate and roll out drawers will be added. The cabinet closest to the door will get a glass top while the other grey cab will simply get cleaned up a bit and top painted.

I look back over this thread it is amazing home much things have changed. This whole project started as a club and quickly changed and morphed. We were going to set up in a garage space that was pretty cheap. Now here we are a year later, I still have the garage but we have moved and have an 1800 sqft retail space. Our overhead has more than doubled and we still haven't been able to open. The positive is that we are starting to see it come together. We sat and had our dinner at the pit tables last night going over our plans and soaking in store. It's pretty amazing!

The downside of all this is I haven't hardly touched a car for most of the year. I really miss the racing. Starting to consider trying to make the D2 Nats this year. It's a long shot, but we will see.
    Last edited by Ingram; 02-17-2015 at 04:35 AM.
    Alan Ingram

Also,

We will be working on the shop this Saturday and welcome any visitors/helpers.

I will be downstairs but 9 have to leave for about an hour (930-10:30). There might even be pizza involved.
    Alan Ingram

Looking back over this thread I see that we are coming up on a year!

Way too long, but unavoidable. Things are still moving slow but they are moving.

With the snow we had, no one showed up for our "work" day sooo...we are going to have another. Next Saturday, March 14th, we will have an open work day. Any and all who would like to help are welcome to come by, or just stop in to check out how things are going. I will be downstairs from 8-4 and we will order the appropriate number of pizzas to make sure all are fed.

Let me hear from you if you're planning on coming.

Alan Ingram
    423-308-9924
    Alan Ingram

Schedule change....instead of this weekend, 3-14, we will have an open work party next Saturday 3-21.

All are welcome to come help or just visit.

Thanks,
    Alan
    Alan Ingram

Well here we are at the end of June.

This year has been very busy, the 3 job idea really didn't work very well. So now I'm down to just 2. This frees up my Friday nights and Saturdays to work on the store. I should be able to get some good hours in this weekend and post an update.

Our website and Facebook page are up and running too.
    Alan Ingram

BTW,

Anyone interested in helping just give me a shout. I'll be here most Saturday's and would welcome the company.
    Alan Ingram

Home of the 2007 USRA Nats and a pretty fast King Track
    man, I hope you have a great deal set up with your landlord on build out time.
    There are "Racers" and there are "Talkers".....which one are you?

The whole reason we are in this space is the ridiculous rent. I could just open on weekends and cover overhead.
    Alan Ingram

We are getting closer.

Took a week off and spent the whole time working on the store. Realized last night I hadn't put 20 miles on the odometer! The good news is great progress, we could have the dragstrip open in October

Switched to an 1/8th mile drag strip(44' overall) and have the bulk of it built. Check our facebook page for pics and more details.
    Alan Ingram

We are getting closer.

Took a week off and spent the whole time working on the store. Realized last night I hadn't put 20 miles on the odometer! The good news is great progress, we could have the dragstrip open in October

Switched to an 1/8th mile drag strip(44' overall) and have the bulk of it built. Check our facebook page for pics and more details.
    Alan Ingram

Well its been 2-1/2 years since my last post......

A job change last July has made this thing possible again.

Here is where I'm at:

The Hillclimb is just in too rough of shape. The upper layer will take too much work to make right.. So for the short term I am going to make a single level layout. The far large banked turn will come back and jog over to the small flat turn towards the front of the store. Should be fun as it will require a little bit of driving.

No idea of time frame but the work has started again. The store is a mess but that will change soon.

At some point a custom Hillclimb is in the plans......
    stay tuned.
    Alan Ingram

Well progress has been made
    Shop is clean and new track configuration laid out. Raising it up a little and still have to fix the 3 new joints. Sanding, painting, braid work and controller stations need to be built.
    I'll post pics as soon as it is all leveled
    Alan Ingram

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast